1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unmarried Couples Going Camping

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by PrivateWoman, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I agree, I missed that post until webdog quoted it. Sad to see Christians resort to that attitude towards other Christians. What a shame.

2. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

Personally, I would prefer it stayed. Its a classic example of the end result of the legalists' argument. I have already had my salvation questioned by Bill Gothard himself so it doesn't really bother me when lesser legalists do the same. :)

#142 dwmoeller1, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2010
  3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm impressed!! Bill Gothard?? I only had my salvation questioned by Steve Anderson. :)

4. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

Clearly I am a much worse Christian than you ;)

5. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

You know, I had to do a google search to see who this gothard fella was. I'm impressed to! (and I sure hope all folk don't associate homeschooling with him, he's sorta scary. wait...scary, halloween...hmmm, I wonder if he'd make a good decoration. :laugh: )

6. PrivateWoman

PrivateWoman Member

I know this is off topic and has nothing to do with my posting, but I am curious about which Steve Anderson you are referring to.

Are you referring to Pastor Steve Anderson of Faithful Word Baptist Church in Arizona? There are a number of things I disagree with him on.

I think that Bill Gothard was at a conference that I went to about 13 years ago. It was a good conference.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep. THAT Steve Anderson. He was a member here. For a very short time. ;)

8. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

No, Steadfast Fred, you missed the point. The point is I can take that passage and make anything evil. I don't think your name is evil as I made abundantly clear. But I can use the same type of exegesis of the "appearance of evil" passage and make your name evil and anything else I don't like.

You declaring that cohabitating a tent is sin is a perfect example of stretching the passage too far. That is my point as I actually think is really pretty clear.

#148 Luke2427, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2010
  9. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

You miss the point. I imagine that none of us think this cohabitation of the tent by young unmarried people is wise. I think most of us would agree that it could be dangerous.

The problem is when people like "steadfast fred" start hurling the word SIN around haphazardly. When you start using that term you'd better have Bible for it or you make yourself a pope- one who speaks for God where God has not spoken. This is a major problem in the Church today and should be resisted at every turn.

10. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

And how do you come to the conclusion that I am stretching the passage too far? By your own reasoning? your own standards?

11. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

By common sense. It is no different than the way I used it to condemn your name. that whole anecdote about your name is the reasoning I used to condemn your eisegesis of the passage.

12. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

By your own standards. By the fact that you are willing to apply it to some things but not others, even though many Christians might say it applies. So, by your own standard you judge yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.