1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Unqualified???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very true - at one point you may not be be qualified - but with proper training - you can become qualified.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The concept of being disqualified for a leadership role in our local churches is important. But since Christ uses broken reeds, it seems actual performance in the role is determinate, not credentials.
    Titus 1:5-9 (NASB)
    For this reason I left you in Crete, that you would set in order what remains and appoint elders in every city as I directed you,

namely, if any man is beyond reproach, the husband of one wife, having children who believe, not accused of indecent behavior or rebellion.

For the [fn]overseer must be beyond reproach as God’s steward, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not overindulging in wine, not [fn]a bully, not greedy for money,

but hospitable, loving what is good, self-controlled, righteous, holy, disciplined,

holding firmly the faithful word which is in accordance with the teaching, so that he will be able both to [fn]exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict it.

How are people judged beyond reproach, if we all are sinners? Perhaps evidence of striving to follow Christ?
    Can we say having children brought up to believe meets the qualification criteria, or do we think our human father determines that we believe? If divorced, was it in accordance with Christ's instructions? Was he the faithful spouse. Is he now willing to work together, with others or is he a "my way or the highway" type of guy. Are there current examples of public drunkenness, or is getting loaded years ago disqualifying? One thing seems apparent, we should select men with a proven track record over time, perhaps 2 or 3 years.

Anyway, that is my two cents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Piper

Piper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never put in unqualified men.

Remove them.

Leave if they keep men like that i leadership.

• Agree Agree x 1