US and Israel

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Agent47, Jun 27, 2019.

1. GoodTidings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot speak to that, but we did have a spy plane that in the region. The officer you mention may or may not be privy to the declassified information. A lot of research was done over the years prior to declassification and so anyone's research done before 1997 would be full of missing information.

2. Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He was the Intelligence Officer on board the ship for heavens sake! He looked me in the eye and said it was his recommendation to the ship's Captain that they go to those map coordinates.

He was deeply involved in the whole thing from beginning to end and recently collaborated with a author on a book about the cover-up. I have not talked to him lately, but I think it would be safe to say that he is aware of any declassified information that has recently become available.

I tell you, he and his fellow crew members were quite incensed at how they were left alone during the attack, with such orders coming from the highest levels of the government as he subsequently found out.

3. GoodTidings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I get that. But what I am saying is that the declassified information debunks the claim that Israel knowingly intended to kill Americans.

Maybe, maybe not. But I would also add that there are a lot of people who have some apparent interest in making Israel guilty of a crime and any facts that might mitigate against that claim can be ignored, swept under the rug. That stuff happens. Too many people have invested a lot of blood, sweat and tears trying to make it appear that Israel intended harm upon the US, and it is very hard to have to go back and admit that they were wrong, especially if they have written books and made public appearances and so forth. Their reputation is on the line.

What we do know is that they were given orders to leave the area, but the orders came too late because they had to be routed through the Philippines due to an antiquated communication system that had not been updated after WW2.

4. Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The "orders" of which I speak was the orders recalling our fighter jets who were en route to the ship while the attack was going on. The person to whom I spoke knew other high ranking officers stationed in Washington who confirmed this to him. He was after all a Naval Intelligence Officer who had personal contacts in the Pentagon, so I believe him.

5. GoodTidings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, so why is Israel the one being demonized in all of this?