1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured US Drops First Bombs in Syria!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Sep 23, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Obama ignores congress again to launch syria attack with no legal basis

President Barack Obama has once again flagrantly violated the U.S. constitution by launching air strikes on Syrian territory under the justification of an illegal framework and with no Congressional input whatsoever.

In a move that threatens to enflame the entire region, Washington launched a wave of Tomahawk cruise missile attacks against ISIS targets late last night. Early reports indicate that eight civilians, including three children, were killed during an aerial bombardment on the city of Raqqa.

Despite the administration enjoying widespread support for its military campaign against ISIS, with nearly two thirds of Americans advocating air strikes within Syrian territory, suspicions are rife that Washington will subsequently turn its weapons against the Assad regime, which it has been trying to overthrow for more than two years.

Whatever the necessity and justification of the campaign against ISIS, Obama’s decision to once again ignore Congress, just as he did before the ultimately disastrous attack on Libya, reinforces the precedent of the White House launching military action with absolutely no legal foundation whatsoever.

Shortly after reports of U.S. air strikes on Syria emerged, Congressman Justin Amash also summed up the feelings of some lawmakers to Congressional leaders’ failure to engage in a vigorous debate about the new conflict.

Read More At: http://www.infowars.com/obama-ignores-congress-again-to-launch-syria-attack-with-no-legal-basis/

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Before the strikes late on the night of September 22, Eastern time, Obama was sure he had the domestic legal authority to hit Syria—he just had no explanation for why such a strike would pass the global test.

The White House has an answer for critics who want to know how the Obama administration can justify striking ISIS inside Syria under international law: If and when we actually do it, we will come up with a legal justification then.

Read More At: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/15/white-house-has-no-international-legal-justification-for-hitting-isis-in-syria.html

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since we are, in effect, aiding Syria, there is little military risk.

And huge political gains for our extremely political president. He's weak and indecisive, but now he looks...tough? Forceful? Presidential?

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Criminal . .?

6. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Good to see the Nobel Peace Prize winning President launch more military flights to pushback insurgents. ;)

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Think of the profits alone!

We gave these same guys 600 tons of weapons in 2013. $$$ MIC $$$

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6zK9CLkDw

Now we're dropping tons more weapons on them today. $$$ MIC $$$

Oh to be a military contractor or a congress critter. Money money everywhere no peace in sight anywhere! HOOAAAAAH! USA! USA! USA! Let the good time roll!

WAR IS A RACKET!

#7 poncho, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
  8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To some , yes.

The question is, for doing what?

You'll get different answers from different folks.

Some will even see him as a hero for what he is doing in Syria and Iraq, forgetting all the laws he has broken and is breaking.

After all, “That's the good thing about being president. I can do whatever I want.”
    --Barak Obama

9. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I got from CNN this p.m. was that the U.S. Congress has already approved the plan; they just have not allocated the red ink to the correct account yet. This came from a Congressman from Florida.

Yep, we have a coalition of one Bible leading the way with five or six Korans in support--fighting another Koran or two. Now what?

I thought we had learned not to mess with other people's religion and/or politics.

Problem: we are running out of red ink.

How much will it be to change the lock on the White House?

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The WH isn't really the problem. It's all the war mongering agents of the military industrial complex (congress critters) and the corporate sponsored "think tanks" they get their marching orders from that's the problem.

Obama couldn't act like a dictator if congress wasn't so thoroughly corrupt. Everything they have done that has injured this country has been "bipartisan" and corporate sponsored.

#10 poncho, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
  11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course he could. He might even be worse if they weren't in the way.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'm sure he would be worse if he just ignored them and the law.

Wait, that's what he does best.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Obama's Syria Strikes are an Unconstitutional War

by Michael Boldin

Pres. Obama and his team have been playing twister with legal arguments for bombing Syria without an express declaration of war from Congress. Those changing arguments are all wrong, and the attacks on Syria – like so many wars before it – are wildly unconstitutional. Read on to learn why, and what steps you can take to resist it.

Here’s what’s important to understand in this situation:

What the powers of the Executive branch are when it comes to war

What qualifies as war

Read More At: http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2014/09/23/obamas-syria-airstrikes-are-an-unconstitutional-war/

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

New Team America Video Released!

Alright another war with an enemy that we created and armed. Time to get some beer, put on your American flag shirts and turn on main stream media to get a play by play of how we are spending our tax dollars and keeping the military industrial complex flushed with bonuses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqQ-lSYyIJc

Television trailer nearly identical to alleged ISIS beheadings

The ISIS beheading videos have led us into an unending unconstitutional war. A recent Turkish television trailer reveals evidence that they may have been staged by Turkish Television Elites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlohuNJ8T_g

#14 poncho, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  15. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know how you can call everybody sheep with a straight face for watching main stream media when you continuously post youtube videos from a guy who makes a living by willfully lying to his own fanbase. Yet they keep coming back for more.

You'll enjoy this video Poncho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxt_bEDdTTc

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Actually I call them "sheople".

I call them sheople because they post threads with titles such as "The Huns Are On The March Again", "Russians Are Shelling Ukraine", and "Russia Invades Ukraine".

When they're asked to provide evidence to back these allegations up they come up empty and either pull a disappearing act or start demonizing the person asking them to prove their claims instead.

You just made the claim, "a guy who makes a living by willfully lying to his own fanbase". So, I'm going to ask you to do the same thing I've asked them to do. Show us the evidence that proves your claim to be true.

Let's see if you can succeed where they failed. :)

#16 poncho, Sep 24, 2014
  17. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just did. I just posted a video where he was proven wrong on 45 of his stupid fear producing predictions. History proved him wrong.

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No you didn't. I asked you to prove your claim.

You said "a guy who makes a living by willfully lying to his own fanbase."

You claimed he makes a living by "willfully lying". All you have proven is he isn't infallible. I didn't need you to prove that to me. I knew that already. Goes with being human.

You haven't shown any evidence to prove he's "willfully lying".

#18 poncho, Sep 24, 2014
  19. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really dude? Everything he predicted was irrationally bold to the point of being comical. Anybody with a few synapses firing in their brain would know that he stirs the pot to the point of absurdity too keep his fanbase coming back. I can't believe that you think he has any credibility.

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'm not arguing one way or the other. I'm asking you to prove he is "willfully lying" as you claimed.

Either you can prove it or you can't.

Which is it?