Vatican Ain't Ready For Reform

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by church mouse guy, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Our "friend" continues to violate the commandment that one should not bear false witness against others once they have been corrected. We can only pray for him as he will most certainly be held to account by God for his constant false witnessing against us.

2. FaithAndWorks Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree very distasteful. But how could you expect more when they attack the mother of the Lord as they do. Those nuns did not ask to be raped. Shame on those men. as scripture says ,"it is better to marry than to burn". They will burn for what they have done just as the Baptist will for false doctrine and ignoring obvious truths Christ spoke. Rapist, false prophets and teachers all share the same place:Cry.

3. FaithAndWorks Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You obviously cannot read. No DUH! And no God fearing Catholic agrees with Jorge Bergolio. Hence , why Cardinals and Bishops, priest and laity are speaking out. He's a false teacher just as you Baptist are. He distorts Christ's teaching just as you do. Pot calling the kettle black wouldn't you say? Seems the blind , can only recognize the other blind because you clearly cannot see truth!:X3 Que sera,sera!

4. FaithAndWorks Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are they Christian?

A Tree and its Fruit Matthew 7:21-23
    …21Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’…

Workers of Lawlessness, hmmm? They deny water baptism , they deny Christ's real presents , they think grape juice was used at the last supper, the blaspheme the Lord's mother, they deny faith and works are one as God is one...they teach all this.I would say they are workers of lawlessness!

5. Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    the Waldensians were Catholic to the core! They believed nothing like Baptists. They had a statement of faith that affirmed a lot of what Catholics believe today including sacramental theology. Study a little more!

6. Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Who Were the Waldenses?

Please scroll down to the Waldenses confession of faith of you don't want to take the time to read the link. You will see the origins of the Waldenses (while now ultra liberal protestants) looked nothing like early Baptist.

The early Waldenses.(The ones you Baptists try to hitch your wagon to) believed in Christ's Real Presence in the Eucharist and imfant baptism. Sound Baptist to you???

7. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pope Francis said that God wanted a lot of languages. That is a lie. It happened at Babel because man disobeyed God's command to spread out throughout the world. And then Pope Francis alluded to the rape of nuns in India and elsewhere to detract from his own complicity in the coverup of homosexual scandals such as McCarrick. Pope Francis has to be one of the most ignorant Popes ever.

8. David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a new one. The RCC church usually said they were Manichaens, ie they they believed it two Gods, which was false of course. as was a similar accusation against the Paulikians.
    If they were Catholic to the core why did the RCC persecute and murder them for centuries?
    I have just read your recent post, and I would challenge whether Petrus de Lyon was a Waldensian. His bible translation was read in Metz in Larraine, quite a long way north of Lyon, next to Luxembourg. The languages of Alsace, Lorraine and Luxembourg (Letzebergois) were all and still are, germanic languages, Where as the Waldensian language was a type of old French in which the Noble Lesson was written as was their Treatise on believed to be written about AD 1200. The internal evidence of the Noble Lesson dates it about AD 1160. The first verse of which is as follows.

LA NOBLA LECON
    (Noble Lesson)

The "Noble Lesson" written in the Language of the ancient inhabitants of the Valleys (The Waldenses); in the Year 1100. Extracted out of a most authentic manuscript, the true original whereof is to be seen in the public library of the famous University of Cambridge. "The History of the Evangelical Churches of the Valleys of Piemont." by Samuel Morland. 1658. CHRAA. 1982. p.99

"O Brethren, give ear to a noble lesson.
    We ought always to watch and pray,
    For we see the world nigh to a conclusion.
    We ought to strive to do good works,
    Seeing that the end of this world approacheth.
    There are already a thousand and one hundred years fully accomplished,
    Since it was written thus, for we are in the last time.
    We ought to covet little, for we are at what remains, viz. at the later end.

One thousand and one hundred years since it was written by the apostle John about AD 60.
    Here it is in the original language
    AYCÍ COMENCZA LA NOBLA LEYCZON

O frayre, entendé ma nobla leyczon:
    Sovent devén velhar e istar en oracion,
    Car nos veén aquest mont esser pres del chavon;
    Mot curiós deoriàn ésser de bonas obras far,
    Car nos veén aquest mont de la fin apropiar.
    Ben ha mil & cent ancz complí entierament,
    Que fo scripta l'ora, car sen al derier temp.
    Poc deoriàn cubitar, car sen al remanent.
    Tot jorn veén las ensegnas venir a compliment,
    En acreysament de mal e en amermament de ben.
    Ayczó son li perilh que l'escriptura di:
    L'avangeli ho recoynta, e sant Paul atresí,
    Que neún home que viva, non po saber la fin.
    Enperczó devén mays temer, car nos non sen certan,
    Si la mort nos penré enchoy o deman.

If you can find the full version they mention Sylvester, the only Bishop of Rome, they do mention if I remember correctly, and as I said they claim their separation from Rome to the time of Sylvester about 800 years before.

9. David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Waldensians had similar teaching to that of Peter de Bruys whose followers are referred to as Petrobrussians.
    d. c.1131. Heretical preacher. Beginning in the insignificant French village of Bruys, he preached against the church of the day. During twenty years he gained a considerable influence in S France, and toward the end of his life he joined forces with Henry of Lausanne.* His teaching is known largely from the hostile abbot of Cluny, Peter the Venerable,* who points to five heretical doctrines. Peter taught that infant baptism was not valid, as only personal faith could bring salvation; that churches are unnecessary, as God hears according to the worthiness of the individual and not of the place; that the cross should not be an object of veneration but rather of execration, as it pointed to Christ's torture; that there is not a Real Presence in the Sacrament; and that sacrifices, prayers, and good works on behalf of the dead have no effect. Underlying this teaching is the belief that the Christian should be prepared to interpret the gospels even against the church (other Scripture he evidently regarded as inferior to the gospels), and a remarkable emphasis upon personal faith as the sole means of salvation.

The followers of Henri were called Henricans.
    http://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803095931250

10. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The earliest Church of Acts was not a Baptist church, but would have been Baptist in doctrines and theology, not Roman Catholic!

11. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have NEVER stated that concerning your salvation, my point has ALWAYS been that while God still saves out His own among the Roman Church, it does teach another and false Gospel!
    And Rome itself states that since I know what the Catholic church really teaches, and denies it, I am lost!

12. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have NEVER brought false witness against either of yours salvation, but have always shown the Church of Rome itself is teaching false theology and doctrines, as it denies Pauline Justification!

13. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hold to the true Gospel of the Lord, not the false One of Roman Catholicism!

14. Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sorry, but you have. Once you have been instructed in the truth of our faith tradition by us, yet you continue on with your false witnessing against us (like you have done here once again). I will pray for you nonetheless.

15. Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The earliest churches believed in the "Real Presence" of Jesus in the Holy Eucharist, Baptists don't - so they (the earliest churches) weren't Baptist in either doctrines or ideology. You interpret the Scriptures badly - and to your own destruction I might add. They also believed in a central authority just like we do, each individual church was not allowed to decide things for themselves, they were not "autonomous" like the Baptist sect of today is. Plus there was no New Testament scripture as we now know it.

16. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The teachings and dogmas of Rome are false, so I can I be bringing false witness?

17. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The NT books were all completed by 95 AD, and were already being copied and circulated at end of first, and into early second century!

18. Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Vatican Defrocks Theodore McCarrick Over Homosexual Abuse | Breitbart

"The Vatican announced Saturday that former-cardinal Theodore McCarrick will be laicized after finding him guilty of serial homosexual abuse."

Isn't engaging in homosexual activity sufficient cause for defrocking? The sinful action must include "abuse" also?

The RCC is a culture that appears to condone prolonged sinful behavior.

19. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does that mean will go on trail and go to jail?

20. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 9 PM Pacific.