Veterans Groups

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. saturneptune New Member

I am a member of the DAV. I receive some medicine from the VA, and basic check ups. My wife and I give regularly to the Paralyzed Vets of America. I have a 70% rating. The VA helped me with another degree in Medical Administration, and today, I am working as a clinical associate at an adult day care. It is a very rewarding job.

Although my title was electronics and networking tech for the US Government, the job required a lot of heavy lifting for motors, bearings, putting on belts, etc. It was the totality of the machine. I was well over retirement age, and my heart was in such bad shape, it got to where I could not lift anything. At home, I could not push mow the yard over three or four swipes, walk to the end of the block, or carry boxes to the attic. I had to retire because of not being able to do the job. Shortly after that, I had a nuclear stress test, and they found six blockages, and stints were not able to be used. I was operated on the next day. That has been going on four years ago, and am doing much better.

It is only by the grace of God I am still here, as one of the six blockages was 90% in what is called the "widow maker."

3. ktn4eg New Member

I'm a Platinum Commander's Club level member of the DAV.

4. Dennis324 Member

That's a great list! I'm gonna book mark this thread". :thumbs: I currently am enrolled with the VA and get my meds and see Drs at the hospital. I'm also hoping to join the American Legion.

5. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The living granddaddy of them all, The American Legion. (The Grand Army of the Republic was its inspiration)

6. ktn4eg New Member

Just joined the National Veterans Coalition.