Video from Night Berlin Wall Fell, 25 Years Ago

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Jerome, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I actually have a chunk of the Berlin Wall!!

I am quite the history buff and bid for it at a Church Missions Auction about 20 yrs ago. It is about 9 inches or so by about 7 inches-not a perfect dimensionally just guesstimates

3. CatMommy New Member

4. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I also have a small piece of the wall (from the French Sector) it is a piece of brick and barb wire. Picked it up when I took a tour of Berlin (both East and West) back in Jan Jan 1973. It (the trip) was the award I was given for being the Solider of the Quarter, for HQ, MATCOMEUR

5. Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I watched in amazement as I did not think that I would live long enough to see it happen. I thought that it would be at least 2050 or so before this could happen.

I took a class in modern European history while in college, about 1963 or '64. After that class I believed that Russia would not control Central and Eastern Europe long, long in the historical sense of the word. That it would take at least 100 years or a bit more for it to unravel. That is why I was surprised it happened so quickly, historically speaking.

6. Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can take you to exactly where I was standing when I was watching it on TV. I too could not believe what I was watching and was totally amazed

7. Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When the Berlin Wall fell, Mrs. Rolf's Grandmother was just outside Berlin. She did not go to witness it. She was processing strawberries.