Video of President Trump meeting with Hurricane victims

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Calminian, Sep 3, 2017.

1. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have broken the law many, many times. Usually when behind the steering wheel of my car.

So, your question begs another question. How many times do you have to commit a crime (break the law) before you are a criminal? Just once. So, obviously, I am a criminal. And so are you. And everybody else. Sin is breaking God's law. "There is none righteous, no not one. For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God."

2. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I did.

And then after he apologized and asked forgiveness publicly several times I opposed those folks who still went after him.

HankD

3. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you were a politician and your primary objective was to maintain your position and power why would you resolve an issue that has held captive a large portion of the electorate for decades? You're talking about a Supreme Court majority. The Roe vs. Wade Supreme Court was composed of 6 republicans and 3 Democrats. The Chief Justice was Republican and the writer of the majority position was Republican. The vote was 7 for and 2 against with one Republican and one Democrat against the decision. Own up to it. Roe vs. Wade was introduced by the Republican Party and they haven't done much to reverse it in 45 years.

4. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK. I want to stay on the government discussion because that's what this thread is about. Of course I'm a sinner but no longer have a sin nature. So, everyone is a government criminal. Then why keep pounding away at immigrants for breaking the law? Actually, the record shows that immigrants break the law less than the population at large and this is especially true of "Dreamers." This is a hypocritical argument.

5. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with your view. But the Republican Party did not. They impeached him and continued the witch-hunt they've had going against the Clintons since before he took office and continuing with Hillary.

6. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only one person in the history of the world has led a perfect life and that was our Lord Jesus Christ. So you're saying that you can't see a difference between for instance Hitler and Winston Churchill? I think it's necessary to examine the type of person morally speaking that we put into high office. It looks like you don't accept that need.

7. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FWIW I am NOT a Republican and would be ashamed to carry that label - AOBTW - Same for "Democrat".

HankD

8. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Though I am not a Republican I voted the Republican ticket for Trump rather than the ticket of Murder and Death (Abortion, euthanasia, eugenics) that the Democrat/Marxist ticket/platform offered.

President Trump kept his promise of a pro-life, anti-murder majority SCOTUS which was primary in my mind, - the appointment of Neil Gorsuch.

HankD

9. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You no longer have a sin nature? Really? You now have perfect holiness? The sin nature has been totally eradicated?

I am not sure what a "government criminal" is.

I don't.

Have you conflated "immigrants" with "illegal immigrants?" That is pretty dishonest, isn't it? So much for your sin nature being eradicated.

How am I proposing a hypocritical argument by believing Dreamers should be given a path to legal status (green card) and citizenship?

10. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to check your history a little closer. The "Republicans" on SCOTUS at that time were not the right wing conservatives of today. They were left wing liberals.

William Brennan, Jr. an Eisenhower (liberal) Republican, was known for being leader of the Court's liberal wing.

Only Byron R. White, a Kennedy Democrat, and William H. Rehnquist, a Nixon Republican, dissented, but not because they were anti-abortion. They dissented because both of them were "10th Amendment" proponents. They believed the federal government had no right to interfere in State laws regarding issues that were not directly enumerated in the US Constitution. They believed such issues were the purview of the states.

11. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My history is correct. The court was composed o0f 6 Republicans and 3 Democrats. Period. There is no guarantee that an assumed conservative, like Trump's appointment, will vote conservatively on every issue including abortion. Joining the Supreme Court sometimes changes an individual.

12. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you don't understand that the relative rolls of the two parties have switched places several times, the most recent being just after WWII when most Republicans were more liberal than most Democrats?

So much for your "correct history." I suggest you study the differences between General Eisenhower and Governor Stevenson in the 1952 Presidential election.

13. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyone on the left side of the Party of Death fence is chanting the same mantra "there's no guarantee, there's no guarantee..."

They seem to be praying and hoping for a pro-murder/death Gorsuch.

Ghouls!

Oh, ya, I guess I'm getting emotional.

HankD

14. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not everyone. I'm against most abortions. I've said they before on this board. Do you support the murder of a million Vietnamese and hundreds of thousands of people in Afghanistan, mostly civilians?

15. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You simply attack everything I say whether you make any sense at all. I stated that I am (current tense) a sinner but have lost my sin nature. I say using Paul's delineation between "under Adam" versus "under Jesus." How is anyone who sins "perfectly holy?"

As far as a government criminal is concerned, I used that to differentiate between a criminal as viewed by the government versus a criminal (sinner) as viewed by God. You introduced the latter as something irrelevant to this thread which was talking about breaking the government's law.

16. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I in no way consider Eisenhower to have been a liberal. In what way was he a liberal? I think he was perhaps the best example of a centralist in modern American political history and a great president.

17. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I do not.

HankD.

18. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what does this have to do with the video clip?