Viruses give support to God being the best explanation for the origin of life!

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by Mark Corbett, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Mark Corbett Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Studying, and sometime sharing, scientific evidence for God has been a type of intellectual hobby (one that builds my faith up and I hope helps others) for many years. I recently published some videos on this, including the one below. One type of evidence that I include that I do not often hear mentioned by others is the following:

1. For chemical evolution to work there had to be many (thousands at least) different self-replicating molecules or systems of molecules that on average became increasingly complex and increasingly cell-like.
    2. There are a vast number of different types of viruses in the world today. They are by far the most cell-like molecular systems short of living cells. None of them, as far as we know, can self-replicate without the aide of a living cell. Not one.
    3. Efforts to produce relevant fully self-replicating molecular systems in labs have also so far fallen short.
    4. This indicates that chemical evolution most likely simply is not possible.

I explain this in more detail in this video. Let me know what you think. (Feel free to comment without watching the 55 minute video - that's why I'm including this very brief summary.)