1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Walmart and Disney: Obey or Lose Your Pay

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by SGO, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I live in the CSRA (about 700,000 people).

Since June 1 we have had 5,344 COVID cases.

Of these, 93% were unvaccinated.

243 were hospitalized.

Of these, 86% were unvaccinated.

We have had 36 deaths.

Of these, 90% were unvaccinated.

This is why I dismiss the anti-vax claims. Not because I doubt their sincerity but because their "facts" do not appear true where I live.

2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What if the mother of the vax injured vegetable called you up? Same scenario?
    That's why the FDA is supposed to do the modeling. If it's been done, show it to me. I honestly want to see it.
    I can pretty much guarantee you if they do the risk modeling the same as it's been done on the past, the only group that would warrant vax is 60 and older.

3. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    38 in 700,000. Take out the comorbities and it's probably miniscule number.

According to EU, I am vaccinated and can get a passport. What they know we don't. I heard that straight from EU PM. Positive antibody test is eligibility for vaccine passport.

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would tell her I am sorry that happened to her.

I would tell you that is why I am more careful about what I post. I will not be one to make decisions for other people (I believe our citizens are entitled to facts - not just cons of obe side but pros and cons to both sides).

I have never once said the vaccine is without risk. I have never once said the vaccine is without benefit.

But anti-vaxers and pro-vaxers are fear pushers alike.

The fact is one has more chances of dying of covid if unvaccinared - but that dies not remove the fact that there can be serious reactions to vaccines.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. You are not entitled to guess about comorbities because you would not afford that possibility with those who had ill effects post vaccine.

What they can, and have, done is compare lung x-rays between vax and non-vax covid positive patients so they can discern specifically the damage done by the virus. Non-vaxers have it much worse.

I pray having had covid will also help you should you get it again. From what I have seen, if you had a mild case it may be a difficult go, but having recovered from a more severe case may help you out.

6. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And by that same logic, one has a tremendously greater risk of vaccine injury if they take the vax as opposed to someone who did not take it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I said you could look at co morbidities of vaxed reactions. I specifically said there were none in the cases referenced.
    You seem to be misinformed about antibody production. You are going by what was said earlier in the pandemic. They are now seeing that Severity of case has nothing to do with antibodies. Many asymptomatic people have antibodies. Many hospitilized have no antibodies. Depends on person and not severity. Doc that did my test said he has seen most consistent levels in asymptomatic patients. Said lots of hospitilized patients he had never developed antibodies.

8. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I also found this today, worthwhile, at least to me.

“In years to come some of you will no doubt tell yourselves that you didn’t see where things were going but that will be a lie. You did see all the signs but you deliberately chose to ignore them.
    Everyone knows (or should know) how totalitarianism incrementally transforms a society into a monstrous mirror image of itself and I am exhausted from trying to warn you.
    Indeed I am watching as our world is transformed into a paranoid, pathologized, authoritarian dystopia where people now have to show their “papers” to see a movie or get a cup of coffee, and publicly display their ideological conformity to enter a supermarket and buy groceries.
    I am watching as the masses are being encouraged to openly persecute “the Unv**xed,” the official “Untermenschen” of the new ideology. And I am watching as this ideology does precisely what every totalitarian movement in history has done before it.
    So when you tell me that you “had no clue where the trains were going” I hope you will understand why I no longer trust you, and why I regard you as cowards and collaborators.
    Yes, that’s harsh, but this is not a game. Our constitutional and human rights have been revoked, transferring power out of sovereign governments and democratic institutions into unaccountable global entities that have no allegiance to any nation or any people.
    This is what is happening and the time for you to “wake up” is over. At this point, you either join the fight to preserve what is left of those rights for you and your children, or you surrender to the new global regime.
    This isn’t an abstract argument; it is a fight, a political, ideological fight.
    On one side is democracy, on the other is totalitarianism. We are being segregated into “good people” (i.e., compliant) and “bad” (i.e., non-compliant). The “good people” are being encouraged by the authorities and the corporate media to unleash their rage on us, to demand our segregation in internment camps, demonize us, and ultimately force violence on us. This is where we’ve been heading all along, and it feels like things are about to get very ugly. Those of us who are fighting to preserve our rights, and some basic semblance of democracy, are outnumbered, but we haven’t had our final say yet. There are millions of us, and we are wide awake.
    So pick a side, but before you do, perhaps look back at the history of totalitarian systems, which, for some reason, never seem to work out for the totalitarians, at least not in the long run. I suspect that might have something to do with our inextinguishable desire for freedom, and our willingness to fight for it, sometimes to the death.
    So pick a side, and pick soon. I for one will never forget which side you chose.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen. It is ridiculous, that such a contentious poster, who practices the art of virtue signaling, is allowed to be a moderator, and not allowed to be blocked.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course they do. All vaccines carry a risk.

People routinely take medication for high blood pressure. The medication itself carries a risk (even a risk of death). But they weigh the risk of the medication with the risk of high blood pressure.

I take lisinopril for blood pressure (a very low dose.....started when I became a moderator :Wink ). I know it can lead to heart damage, diabetes, kidney issues, kidney disease, etc...even death....and I know aspirin can make it worse. But high blood oressure, IMHO, poses a greater risk. So I take the medication.

By your logic I should not take blood pressure medication because the medication does not actually cure the issue and there can be serious consequences. But it is my decision.

Those 90% unvaccinated people did not die of the vaccine, and ironically those 10% didn't either.

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But the same applies to recent deaths (reported in the CSRA) of due to covid. The lie anti-vax people love to tell (and that can now be dismissed) is thise dying of covid had other non-vovid related issues.

12. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am currently buying property in the ‘CSRA’. I have a brother in Aiken, & a sister in Columbia Co. My Dad died last year in the deserted ‘overwhelmed’ hospital in Augusta. He did not die of covid, but it is listed on his death certificate. I grow tired of hearing second hand ‘facts’. I’m putting them in the old recycle bin. A PA in Texas just said…..if the patient dies, & is vaxxed, they no longer put covid on the death certificate, even when they are symptomatic. Nope. It’s only the unvaxxed who are now dying from covid.

13. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wed
    Jon, look at the patient information sheet that your pharmacist should have given you first time you got it filled. They give me a sheet that detailed with Covid vax, I might take it.
    Why they not giving one?

14. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The majority of deaths had comorbidities. (From what I have heard)

15. NewMusic

NewMusic Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Be careful to correct a couple mistakes in that "letter" above if you are going to use it or send it to others to use.

The word "jib" should be corrected to "jab", as I have done in my copy above.

And "it's" should be corrected to "its" in statement #4 regarding "its introduction".

• Like Like x 1
  16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I took the Moderna vacvine and was given an information sheet. Pretty bad possible side effects. But I took it at an alternate site.

My son went to a pharmacy and had the Phizer vaccine. He did get a patient information sheet detailing much of the same side effects.

Maybe you need to find a different doctor if they are offering the vaccine without information.

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand you think most of the 4.29 million who died of covid had comorbidities. I just doubt your discernment given the numbers.

Of the deaths I know of, none had pre-existing conditions except a couple were elderly.

Edit: by "know of" I mean first hand knowkedge.

18. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A doc on talk radio said his hospital instructed them not to test vaxed patients. So, 100% of their deaths that get reported are unvaxed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have seen the sheet. You honestly can with a straight face tell me it's as detailed as your sheet on Lisinopril? Even close?

20. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First hand, I don't know of anyone who died of Covid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.