1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Walmart announces infant car seat

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Squire Robertsson, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I don't know, I have seen people leave their toddler in a car seat while they ran in a convenience store but I can't see how you can completely forget they're there.

The heat is not so bad here, but I know a guy that almost killed his Akita when he left the dog in his SUV at a grocery store in Texas. It's about time the technology caught up with hot vehicles and extreme heat - these things have been happening for years.

2. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know accidents happen. I have officiated 7 infant funerals in 23 years and if I never do another one that would be just fine with me. Two of them were a result of car accidents and I will never be able to shake the images of those two young children.

That said, what a sad commentary on life in America. Zaac said, " When you're juggling kids and family and work and everything else, it's REALLY easy to get distracted and do something like this." Really? That is pathetic.

A child too young to extract themselves from a car seat is too young to put themselves in one. Somebody had to put the child there. Once the child is in the seat the driver has no greater responsibility than to carefully and safely transport the child from one point to another. Juggling kids, family, work and everything else become secondary. Your priority is the helpless human life sitting a few feet behind you.

The dry cleaning can wait. The groceries can wait. The text message from the boss can wait. The three other kids wanting to get picked up from soccer practice can wait.

Kids getting left on hot buses was mentioned. Part of a proper post trip on any school bus is to check the interior for everything from gum wrappers to children. Kids get left on hot buses because of the driver's failure to attend to his or her primary responsibility.

I was too busy is the lamest of all excuses.

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I view this device as the equivalent of wearing a belt and suspenders.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yes really. It happens unfortunately.

No one has said otherwise. What you're saying might be the ideal for how people with kids should respond, but it often just isn't so because LIFE enters into the picture.

It's good to tell parents what they should be doing. But when that parent is raising two or three kids by herself because her husband walked out, and she's asked the church for help but isn't getting any, and she gets distracted by trying to handle everything, the possibility exists that she might forget that she left her baby in the car as she dropped the other two off at school and rushed to the office for the first of two part time jobs that she has to hold just to keep food on the table and a roof over their heads.

The alarm would be a God-send for her.

So yall can stop with this foolishness. Real people living real lives get distracted and its a blessing that somebody realizes that enough to want to make sure that another baby doesn't have to lose its life as a result.

way to go Walmart!

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No it is not just "ideal". Such language minimizes the issue. Sad. It is in fact a must for people with Kids with no room for error and those who fail to do so must suffer severe consequences. They must be heavy and they must be lasting. Failure to take care of a child in the womb and afterwords is...well there are no words strong enough.

It is evil, it is an atrocity and it is the height of shame.

Do you know what children go through sitting in a car like that. Do you understand the fear and the suffering they go through. Do you even care?

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm not minimizing anything. we live in a broken world with broken people. And there is nothing wrong with someone realizing the non-perfection of sinful, broken people and attempting to do something that helps save lives.

It's not the approach Christians should take. But often times Christians are absent in helping the people who make these grave mistakes before they are made. And then after the mistakes are made, they point the finger of 'how could you do that?"

And individual situations, what are you and your church doing to battle it/

Somebody(I don't know if the developers are Christians or not) is attempting to save lives in the flesh.

While it is not the ideal approach of the Christian, I ask again what have those of you who seem to have an issue with folks forgetting and having a little help remembering done in your communities to help keep these tragedies from occurring?

Man save it. Your attempt to manipulate is laughable and nothing more than dimestore witchcraft.

I say again. A couple of you seem to want to shame folks for not being perfect and having the capacity to forget that a child is still in a car seat. So what are you specifically doing in your communities to help the mothers and fathers who may have a lot on their plates, and who just might forget?

Somebody has supplied a flesh and blood solution or aid. What have YOU and your church done?

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My only concern is, who will be at fault or sued, when the seat fails to work for whatever the reason? Great idea, but you have to wonder if these parents will be leaving my children in the cars, when in fact they need to take them with them!

I'd think a seat that sounds an alarm when the key is turned off, would make more sense!

But, here's your "atta-boy" Squire! Great find and post! :thumbs:

8. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Due to ill health, I stayed home this morning, so I was able to delete eleven posts. That's 11. Since this thread as degenerated into a tar baby, I'm closing it. I just hope you and yours are never in a position where you wish you had spent the money but didn't and got tragic results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.