1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Walter Martin & his assessment of SDA's

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by pythons, Sep 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Catholic Church CONDEMNS abortion but SDA celebrates, condones and runs abortion mills:

2. Alofa Atu

Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just read through the link Walter, as the thread was specifically created for you. It was already demonstrated how Romanism defines 'innocent' and 'truly human', and 'authentic', etc.

As for 'pro-Catholicism' Andrew, we already discussed him as well, and the emails between us. Kind of old hat now.

3. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So because your Adventist brother exposed the stench of your abortion loving Church somehow he is pro Catholicism? What a hoot!

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quite a crew, but they're all wrong. SCRIPTURE says, in Hebrews 1:4 having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. 5 For to which of the angels did He ever say:“You are My Son,Today I have begotten You”? And again:
    “I will be to Him a Father,And He shall be to Me a Son”?
    (Taken from Psalm 2:7)

I believe SCRIPTURE over any number of men!

6. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's a lot more goofy stuff the SDAs believe!

7. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Contextually, the "angels" referred to in that verse only address the 'created' angels, see vs 7 "maketh". These are referred to as the "fellows" (in office of messenger) of the uncreated Angel of the LORD, the Son of God the Father, in Hebrews 1:1-3, who is the highest messenger of the Father:

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
    Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
    Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

8. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm interested in what Seventh-day Adventists believe, let's hear what they believe, rather than what you think they believe. Let's see if we can get that far.

9. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    More evidence your church is committing mass murder day in and day out. Run from HER, Alofa!

10. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wow, that is just historically - all wrong, and not even a little right.

William Miller (February 15, 1782 - December 20, 1849)

Seventh-day Adventists officially formed as a body in 1863.

Have you even read Miller's 'Apology'?

11. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oooh, now I am interested. Which one's, be specific please, and feel free to read the following before you do (it might save you some gross embarrassment, unless you like that sort of thing):

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

12. pythons

pythons Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Alofa, You have been shown over the years that there is zero evidence to the contrary of what the SDA Church has put forth.

Signs of the Time April 2, 1940
    It is VITAL for every Christian TO KNOW that Jesus Christ MIGHT have sinned. The Master was not beyond the clutches of temptation. The Heaven-sent Gift could have been eternally lost and the doom of humanity would have been eternally sealed. Jesus Christ knew the pull of evil. "In that He Himself hath suffered being tempted, He is able to succor them that are tempted."

Ellen White
    To be redeemed means to cease from sin. No heart that is stirred to rebellion against the law of God has any union with Christ, who died to vindicate the law and exalt it before all nations, tongues, and peoples.

Ellen White R&H August 13, 1895, paragraph 6
    Representing the law of God in its true character arouses the enmity of Satan. Those who love God with all the heart, will love the law of his kingdom. They will not only profess to be guided by its principles, but they will actually live them out, even in a world that is no more favorable to the development of Christian principles than were the inhabitants of the world before the flood, of whom it is written that the thoughts and imaginations of their hearts were evil, and only evil continually. A similar condition of society exists in our world today, and if those who claim to be God's commandment-keeping people do not put in practice the principles of the law which Christ came to our world to vindicate, pronouncing it holy, just, and good, they misrepresent the character and mission of their professed Master

There are of course more - but you've seen these before, haven't you.

As for the creature Christ teaching you've seen that as well.

Charles S Longacre waxing eloquent on the teachings of Ellen White.
    IF it were impossible for the Son of God to make a mistake or commit a sin, then His coming into this world and subjecting Himself to temptations were all a farce AND mere mockery. IF it were possible for Him to yield to temptation and fall into sin, then He MUST have risked heaven and His very existence, and EVEN all eternity. That is exactly what the Scriptures AND the Spirit of Prophecy say Christ, the Son of God did do when He came to work out for us a plan of salvation from the curse of sin.

IF Christ "risked all," EVEN His ETERNAL EXISTENCE in heaven, then there was a possibility of His being overcome by sin, and IF overcome by sin, He would have gone into Joseph's tomb and neither THAT tomb nor any other tomb would EVER have been opened. All would have been lost and HE would have suffered "eternal loss," the loss of ALL He ever possessed &; His DIVINITY AND His humanity and heaven itself would have been "lost & eternally lost

It was possible for one of the God-head to be lost, and eternally lost - and IF that had happened, and it WAS possible to happen, "God, the Father", would still have remained as the One and only absolute and living God, reigning supreme over all the unfallen worlds, but with all the human race blotted out of existence on this earth. The Deity of Christ’, paper presented to the Bible Research Fellowship Angwin, California January 1947, page 13 & 14)

Why / Where Longacre got the idea

Ellen White, GCB Dec 1, 1895
    Remember that Christ risked all; "tempted like as we are," he staked EVEN his own eternal existence upon the issue of the conflict. Heaven itself was imperiled for our redemption.

"Could Satan in the least particular have tempted Christ to sin, he would have bruised the Saviour's head. As it was, he could only touch His heel. Had the head of Christ been touched, the hope of the human race would have perished. Divine wrath would have come upon Christ as it came upon Adam. Christ and the church would have been without hope.” (Ellen G. White, Signs of the Times, June 9th 1898, see also Selected Messages Book 1 page 256)

And where Ellen got the idea from.

Review and Herald November 14, 1854

Again, where it is declared, that there are none good except the Father, it cannot be understood that none others are good in a relative sense; for Christ and angels, are good, yea perfect, in their respective sphere; but that the Father alone is supremely, or absolutely, good; and that he alone is immortal in an absolute sense; that ho alone is self-existent; and, that, consequently, every other being, however high or low, is absolutely dependent upon him for life; for being. This idea is most emphatically expressed by our Saviour himself; " For as the Father hath life in himself, so hath he given to the Son to havo life in himself." John v, 26. This would be singular language for one to use who had life in his essential nature, just as much as the Father. To meet such a view, it should read thus: For as the Father hath life in himself, so hath the Son life in himself If as Trinitarians argue, the Divine nature of the Son hath life in himself (i. e., is self existent) jusl the same, and in as absolute a sense, as the Father, why should he represent himself as actually dependent upon the Father for life ? What propriety in representing the Father as conferring upon him a gift which he had possessed from all eternity ? If it be said that his human nature derived its life from the Father, I would answer, It does not thus read; 01 even if it did, 1 would still urge the impropriety of the human nature of the Son of God representing itself as being absolutely dependent upon the Father for the gift of life

Scripture is crystal clear - Jesus was ETERNALLY The Christ - Christ is Eternal God and about the clearest thing in the whole of the Bible is God never & I mean ever FAILS. This possibility may have been built into SDA theology but it doesn't exist in Baptist Theology OR Catholic Theology.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus is very God , so can God ever sin?

14. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That Jesus chose not to sin, is not saying He did not have the choice to sin. Roman Catholicism dogmas of 'original sin', 'immaculate conception', 'impeccability', 'unfallen flesh', are all anathema to the real and everlasting Gospel, and is actually the teaching of the Pharisees in John 9:34. Jesus Christ is the free will offering, choosing the good, in spite of the offers of evil. The spotless Lamb in fallen flesh.

Isa_7:15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

Did the Son take upon himself fallen flesh, to condemn sin in the flesh, yes or no?

Matthew 1:1-25; Luke 3:23-38.

Jesus Christ, while as a man on earth did not rely upon His Divinity (Php 2), but relied upon His Father through the Holy Ghost (John 6), so that He would be our example (1 Peter 2).

1Ti_3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1Pe_2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Joh_7:42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?

Rom_1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

2Ti_2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

1Ti_2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Rom_8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Gal_4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Heb 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Mat_4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

Luk_4:2 Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.

Mat_16:1 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.

Mat_19:3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?

Mat_22:35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

Mar_8:11 And the Pharisees came forth, and began to question with him, seeking of him a sign from heaven, tempting him.

Mar_10:2 And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him.

Luk_4:13 And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

1Co_10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Jas_1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Joh_16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Rev_3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Luk_11:16 And others, tempting him, sought of him a sign from heaven.

Luk_22:28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.

2Pe_2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

1Pe_4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

Joh_8:6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

Mat_26:39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Mat_26:42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Luk_22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Rom_6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Joh_8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Joh_8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

15. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree with the statement, as seen here - Walter Martin & his assessment of SDA's

There is nothing in the statement that is contrary to scripture, though it be contrary to the dogmas of Romanism.

16. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree with the statement, since that is what scripture teaches:

Isa 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Psa_85:10 Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Not "was".

1Jn 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
    1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
    1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
    1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
    1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
    1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

17. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree with the statement, since that is what Scripture teaches, see previous post - Walter Martin & his assessment of SDA's

Mat_24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

18. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree with the statements made by White that you have quoted so far. What I have seen is that you simply disagree with scripture, and use White as the excuse.

19. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Who? This person is not even listed among the Advent pioneers on the EGW White CD ROM, or website. This person is not the body of Seventh-day Adventist meeting in General Conference, nor does he have the spirit of prophecy, nor is he scripture itself, and thus holds 0 weight whatsoever doctrinally, whatever he personally and individually believed.

Why would you think that a personal commentary on something White said would be doctrinally valid among an entire body?

20. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree with this statement, since that is what scripture teaches, as noted already - Walter Martin & his assessment of SDA's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.