1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Warning: anyone who is a habitual sinner is NOT in a saved state

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Samuels, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only "part" that we play in salvation is receiving jesus as our Lord and Savior thru faith, and even that faith is the gift from God to His own!

2. OfLivingWaters

OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Really? Then you need to STOP preaching for you play no role in leading to salvation.

3. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We who truly believe and follow Christ are coworkers in His co op. We work for Him in bringing His message and gifts. In whose name do you come in Yeshua 1, and what part do you play, is it in Christ or yourself?

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Preaching and teaching are the ordained means by which God gives forth the Gospel to save his own...

5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

They prick their own heart?... Brother Glen:)

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Holy Spirit did thru the preaching on Jesus as messiah...

7. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your point? What does it mean to be ordained?

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The way God intended the Gospel message to be given out...

9. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To a heart that has been changed!... Brother Glen:)

10. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you still preaching? To whom might I ask? Are you not breaking your own doctrine? No one can say yes to what your preaching. Who are you trying to convince? People do not need other people , heck the Messiah did not need to ask or even say follow me to the disciples, so what is even the purpose of His preaching, according to you? (Sarcasm).

It would seem what you want is for people to follow YOUR narrative while you try and ride on the coat tail (NAME OF YESHUA) the one who TRULY ordains men of God.

Let me ask you, do you follow Yeshua? When did you first hear the call? Are you a sinner? If one changes from a sinner to a righteous person what had to first happen? Did you have to say yes or no, to be changed from one way to another or remain the same? Lastly if there is no decision why is there a choice? And if there is no choice why have the BIBLE on earth? I notice those who believe there is no work on our behalf concerning acting on and in salvation avoid saying that a yes is needed, yet want everyone to say yes to them and their narrative???? Crazy! This is the false doctrine of the dragon which spews forth water to drown and over take the Woman of Rev.12.

There is always a yes or no and actions in choice for any BELIEVER or NON Believer . People like you want to put yourselves in place of Christ and you do not even know it.

There are voluntary and involuntary actions in faith. Just as there are voluntary and involuntary actions in our members. You want so much to prove the Doctrine of -(faith and works ) wrong because of your hate for your brother that you will reject yourself completely off the foundation. For to acknowledge something as true across the denominational line drawn makes sick, you would rather be prideful and make false doctrine.

To sum it up, if there is no choice there is no need for instruction and the Bible is given in vain.

11. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh Please your heart is your own not Christ's or you would admit one needs to say yes to Him in order for Him to enter.
    " I stand at the door and knock", what are you going to do? "He who opens the door to me I will sup with him and he with Me".
    Oh my goodness sounds like a choice is to be made...... what is your choice?

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I heard the good news about Jesus as Savior from Billy Graham as a teenager, and then while in College, and one night, was lost sinner, received Jesus thru faith as God enabled me to "turn on the light bulb" and connect all of the dots, up now saved!

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God prepares hos own to receive the Gospel with joy, and the rest to stay deaf to it!

14. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Faith and Works James 2: 17 -19
    …17So too, faith by itself, if it is not complemented by action, is dead. 18But someone will say, “You have faith and I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19You believe that God is one. Good for you! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.…

Alive with Christ Ephesians 2:7-9
    …7in order that in the coming ages He might display the surpassing riches of His grace, demonstrated by His kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not by works, so that no one can boast.…

GRACE IS A GIFT OF GOD that is NOT from yourselves but not by works is grace given, that is what's meant by these verses Grace is a gift not because of your works that you may boast grace is a gift. Faith is the belief in that gift, by your yes and action. God adds the growth based on you actions in faith. Your actions are works and it is by them that your faith is justified. God strengthens each desired action in faith with a deeper grace.

15. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yeah ok, no choice , no yes . Whatever, false doctrine.

I know and Mother Mary did not say yes and Christ was just preaching and no one said yes. You sound like the transgender movement that says they have no choice as to how they are born . Homosexuality is not a choice, as Pope Francis says God just made you like that , made you a sinner to condemn you for that , YEAH I KNOW IT! CRAZY! and what you have to say is crazy too.

So, no free will, no choice and , no- yes or no. It is what it is, and that is all there is. So why preach? You must be non binary like the sexuality scale of the non binary doctrine of theirs.

You are what you are and that is what you were always and there was no conscious decision even though you lived one way prior to that "Experience" but that too I guess was not a decision it was acting involuntary like your transition from sin to saint (not that I am saying you are a saint).
    “Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve,” Joshua commanded Israel before his death, “whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household,” he declared, “we will serve the Lord” (Joshua 24:15).

Jesus said, “Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own” (John 7:17). Further, He declared, “Whoever is not with me is against me” (Matthew 12:30).

This non-binary doctrine you are spewing is a bunch of non-scriptural poppycock.

Paul wrote, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). Billy Graham has pointed out that we are all sinners, separated from God by birth, by choice and by practice. John the Baptist declared, “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them” (John 3:36).

That was an excerpt from your Billy Graham:
    https://billygraham.org/wp-content/themes/billygraham/img/bgea.svg

I do not follow Billy Graham fully, I like some things he has said, I embrace any truth one says concerning the gospel I think he taught and built a silver doctrine on the foundation that means there is a lot of dross when put to the fire . Silver is only accepted by God when put to refinement by His fire. I am non denominational in that fact and do reach across denominational lines if a truth be spoken.He does not preach a precious gem doctrine though- that has no dross. Since you mentioned Billy Graham I posted of his teachings to show what nonsense you preach.

16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Good thing you came along! I am not sure what we would have done without this warning. Man was that close.

17. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mark,
    I don't think that we, as believers, should mock others ( Psalms 1:1 ).
    However, if you wish to, that is your prerogative.

May God bless you.

#97 Dave G, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When God enabled me to accept Jesus to save me from my sins, I was then able to by His grace accept Jesus by "free will", but not ever before that happened!

19. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I know, and according to that train of thought (which is a train wreck by the way), that is the problem with the majority of the human race, God has not enabled everyone and therein lies the problem- God.

You do not see the problem with your nonsense-how you sound? You insist there is no free will ,yet have the nerve to say ONCE enabled THEN you have" free will" . I do not know whose kool-aid you've been drinking but it does not sound , sound minded. I would say you still have not received Jesus Christ , at least not in sound doctrine and have quite a bit of learning in TRUTH yet.
    You need to stop speaking in oxymoron's. And stop preaching for a greater judgement will be upon you if you continue to do so with this moronic doctrine of yours.

You said:]When God enabled me to accept Jesus to save me from my sins, (WERE YOU POSSESSED?)
    You said: I was then able to by His grace accept Jesus by "free will", but not ever before that happened![/QUOTE]
    THIS IS AN OXYMORON.

Very disconcerting......

20. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And that is why all churches have unbelievers in them. God says let them and He will sort them out. Now if there is one in the church who is harming others through sin, God also says that person needs to be confronted and if they will not repent they are to be removed.

Basically, TULIP. I am a one point Calvinist myself, a (P)

God

Both

Yes

God does not contradict Himself. Choice is built into His Sovereign plan of salvation.

Both. It is a mystery to us. We can only go by what God tells us and leave it at that. Believe and ye shall be saved. Ye cannot believe unless God gives you understanding. The understanding is not salvation. Understanding and receiving is salvation. One receives when one confesses Jesus is Lord. One cannot say Jesus is Lord unless the Holy Spirit is convicting them. One can be convicted and yet refuse to confess Jesus is Lord, for they love this world more than what they know comes with receiving Christ. "While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation" (Heb 3)

The NT is written to believers. We cannot ignore any of it if we want the full picture.