1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was The Reformation Sent By God?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right

2. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    History does not show this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The reformation was sent By God to reform the largest so called christian Church, but they rejected God, and nailed the coffin lid shut when they agreed to maintain false Gospel...The Vatican II amd all other meetings did not chnage their fundemtal errors at all...

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would the Apostle paul accept as the real Gospel one that mixed faith and good works for salvation?

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The 2 main "heresies" that Rome tortured and prosecuted people on were when they tried to get the Bible in own language, and belived in faith alone grace alone!

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Church of rome denies the Gospel of the Bible, and do is in heresy!

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    History shows that Rome murdered many who wanted to get the Bibke into own language, and who held to saved by grace alone faith alone, who denied the papacy...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Reformed and Lutherans murdered thousands of Anabaptists too.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The reformers drew their plan of salvation directly from Romans and Galatians themselves, and last I checked, both were still scriptures!

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, as there has been great sin done by many groups under the name of Christianity, but still does not change the truth that Rome teaches a defective false Gospel!

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one can hold a candle to the social sins of the Church of Rome.

Just as the Pharisees turned Jesus over to Pilate because they were not allowed to administer capital punishment so also the church (e.g. Huguenots, Waldensians, etc...).

This is one reason for which as a former Catholic I separated from the RCC.

12. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is one reason I am stepping away from this discussion... I know from studying church history there have been atrocities and bloodshed on both sides... I was raised an Old Line Baptist from my childhood and have never left it... I never came out of anything or had to leave anything behind as some on here have... Brethren of the R.C.C know their history better than I do and I respect those on here who are or have been... I have never walked in their shoes, in fact I never walked in a lot your brethren shoes... I only know where I come from, what I've been through and what I've been... I stand by what I posted... This fight is not mine Christian!... Are Christian suppose to fight?... Brother Glen:)

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally I don't fight anymore but recognize evil and attempt to correct those who commit and/or follow the evil one's destructive path.

1 Timothy 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Let us say that I have a lover's quarrel with the Roman Catholic Church being a cradle Catholic.

I admit to the the nostalgia welling up in my heart when I enter a Catholic Church.
    But that does not excuse their unparalleled blood drenched history no matter how much counterfeit justification she is given in her defense.

Some popes (e.g. Francis) have tried to show repentance but IMO come short.
    I believe Francis wants to do more but fears the backlash of cardinals and bishops.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have been posting since the time Thinkingstuff (who posted often on this board while a Baptist) converted to The Catholic Faith. He made some of the following (similar) observations before converting:

Of the three theological virtues of faith, hope and love, faith comes first and is our entry into the divine life via those virtues. Paul says, in Romans 3:28 that we are "justified by faith", but later on in the same letter, he teaches that we are "saved by hope" Romans 8:24. But, even hope is not final, as it will pass away when that which is hoped for arrives. In 1 Corinthians 13:13 he teaches that love is greater than either faith or hope - for in heaven there will be only love - faith and hope having passed away as the imperfect becomes the perfect (1 Corinthians 13:10,12). God is not faith; He is not hope - He is love. How shall we be like Him (Matthew 5:48) if our faith does not mature to love?

Thus, faith is your first step as a partaker of the divine nature (2 Peter 1:4), but it remains immature, meaning that you are fed on milk and not solid food (1 Corinthians 3:2, Hebrews 5:12). Milk will not sustain you for your entire life - you need solid food. Faith is intended to generate hope, which is a maturing factor of faith. Yet, if both of these virtues do not lead to love - a reflection of the purity of God's love - your faith is like a clanging cymbal (1 Corinthians 13:1). Faith is merely the first step on our journey to eternity.

Read Matthew 25:14-30 - the parable of the talents. All three servants had faith in their master. Yet, only two served him out of love and provided him with an increase, according to their abilities. The third did not move beyond faith to either hope or love, and was cast out of the master's house. At the reckoning, he provided only his faith, which was insufficient. The master expects an increase, and that requires not only the possession of, but also the working of love on our part.

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do these guys just make this stuff up as they go?

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apostle paul describes the theology of Rome here
    Galatians 1:8!

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who support Rome are masters of double speak!

18. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Been Catholic teaching (and scripture) for two thousand years.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Catholic Church was NOT there in Acts. as that was the First baptist Church of jerusalem!

20. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I said I was done with this discussion but there needs to be a correction here according to scripture... They were called neither... Brother Glen:)

Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.