1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was The Reformation Sent By God?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know, was jesting, but would you not agree the Church in Acts much closer to baptist theology than that of rome?

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again neither... I like to go with Christ Theology... And my guess is they did to!... Why call yourself a Christian if you didn't?... Would you put your life on the line to be called one?... They did!... Brother Glen:)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not exactly,if you mean those of the laity who support Rome they are most likely the victims of double-think or newspeak (double-speak is not Orwell's word).

It is the hierarchy that understands what is going on and are the perpetrators, the laity are the victims.
    We are the "separated brethren" and incur guilt in accord with our past relationship with the RCC (or so it seems).

4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I wouldn't expect you would be Baptist if you really didn't believe this. We simply will not agree. The difference is, I don't accuse you of belonging to a cult or not being a Christian. And, with this, I will conclude my posting on this thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would help to let him know you believe Jesus Christ, God incarnate, is your hope for forgiveness of sin and eternal life.I know you do.
    I think he is a young Christian.

According to many "protestant" sources (and probably unbeknown to them) Catholics fully qualify as Christians:

Five Fundamentals of the Faith

6. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hank, I have posted my personal testimony on the last thread he posted attacking Catholic Christians.
    I have affirmed my faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I trust is in His shed blood on the cross for my salvation.
    I also affirmed my belief in all 5 fundamentals listed in various posts over the years. Yeshua1 is familiar with my profession of faith but continually insists I believe in a 'false gospel'.

#66 Walter, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many Catholics do indeed believe in a false gospel but so do many Baptists, Methodist, Presbyterians, etc....

But by your profession you indeed are my brother in Christ.

Yeshua1 - For two years after my salvation I remained in the Catholic Church. So I was also a saved Catholic while in the RCC.

Not that Walter should leave his church - unless of course his conscience so dictates.

You will note Walter that my beef is with the hierarchy of the Church.

I think its good that true believers can fellowship at a distance provided by cyberspace.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does this teaching of the RCC meet the criteria of John 3:5?

[Jhn 3:5 KJV] 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

[​IMG]

PART TWO
    THE CELEBRATION OF THE CHRISTIAN MYSTERY

SECTION TWO
    THE SEVEN SACRAMENTS OF THE CHURCH

CHAPTER ONE
    THE SACRAMENTS OF CHRISTIAN INITIATION

ARTICLE 1
    THE SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM

1213 Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit (vitae spiritualis ianua),4 and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: "Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word."5

Reference: Catechism of the Catholic Church - The sacrament of Baptism

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been saved by Grace of God many yeras, and have NO problem with any Catholic who the Lord saved, its that the tenets and dogmas of His church are not from/of God, especially how they view salvation!

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again there are many Catholics saved despite official cathoic doctrines, as any of us saved is due tothe Grace of God, but would younot agrre the Gospel of Rome is Not the biblical one?

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, i insist that offical catholic Gospel is the false one, as you would be saved by the real one, but for some strange reason wandered back intot he church that teaches falsely!

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I say that you would be a saved person whose Church itself tewaches many wrong doctrines, and worst of all, proclaims a false Gospel!

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not all their tenets would be disagreeable to you.

We have complete agreement in many areas, The deity of Christ, the Hypostatic Union, The Trinity, and others.

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I would agree with that statement.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The foundationl one oh how a sinner hets justified before god is no agreement on though! Nor on Rome being true church, papacy, sacramwntalism etc. They are much same as Sda, have some doctrines in common, but hoild to others that make them no longer a real Christian church!

17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The gospel of Rome mixes works with grace. As a young person going to catechism class for my First Holy Communion and then later my Confirmation (2 "sacraments" of the Church) I was taught that my salvation via my baptism had to be restored/maintained via the sacraments.

Confession and absolution cleansed me of sin only so long as I stayed in the state of sanctifying grace, a mortal sin would cause the fall from said grace and hellfire as the consequence. Confession, penance and absolution restored me to the possibility of heaven.

Sometimes a mortal sin would be committed in my mind before even leaving the church after confession on Saturday.

Technically speaking I shouldn't take communion at Sunday mass but then what would my cousins think (who went to confession with me :))?

And so it is/was day by day, year by year for Catholics. Never really sure

#77 HankD, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeshua1 IMO you need more wisdom to deal with the "rank and file" Catholics.

19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How to determine if a Catholic is saved?

Who are they trusting?

Once as a saved Catholic while in the military, I was having a conversation with a "GI" buddy (also Catholic) about sin and his personal eternal life.

My buddy said this with emotion "Hank, I am so evil that only Jesus Christ can save me - if He will have me".

I got a little emotional as well and assured him Jesus probably already had Him.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In order to dal more effectively with them, they first have to realise and admit that theur Church teaches false doctrines and dogmas... Really, once saved, they should depart out from that church.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.