1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was this Retaliation or Racism?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Aug 10, 2013.

?
  1. Racial in nature!

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. An act of retaliation as reported!

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Retaliation as reported but still racial in nature!

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  4. The bus driver did what was best for his safety!

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. The bus driver was wrong and should have broke up the attack!

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  6. Where is the rage on behalf of the white community???

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  7. These teens were brutally out-for-blood!

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  8. These teens should be tried for civil rights violations!

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  9. Had it not been for Zimmerman trial, the driver may have done something?

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  10. I am outraged that if the roles were reversed, there would be blacks protesting!

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SEE:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/05/john-moody-bus-driver_n_3707599.html

I don't know who hasn't seen this video of three black teens beating the living-day-lights out of a Caucasian teen. It is reported that the attack took place following the Caucasian teens turning the one black student in for drugs on campus!

The story making the headlines throughout the nation is the bus driver, who refused to step between the black kids and the beat the teen into submission

I have some questions about this entire incident, and would love to hear your opinions in the comment's section or the subsequent poll!

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bus driver is to drive the bus safely.

As the authority on the bus, he stopped the bus and did not go again until the matter was finished.

He reported immediately and called for help.

The flashing lights on the bus would have stopped traffic, and the driver would have NOT been involved in breaking up the fight, rather looking to see if the rest of the students needed to be evacuated for safety.

Until the other authority arrives - the primary focus of the driver is upon the safety of all the others, too. He cannot be distracted and perhaps some others be hurt as a result.

I know it goes against all that I as a responsible adult would think, and my instinct would be to jump in and bust a few heads to knock some sense into them, but then I am old and raised in a different world.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The attack was a result of the three kids trying to sell the one kid drugs at at school and he went to authorities and dimed them out. They retaliated by beating him.