1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"...we could be a village, again, a tribe, again..."

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wesley Briggman, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    History has proven that "whites" can integrate and assimilate with different cultures, and often after a passage of time, dominate.

My observation, having numerous black neighbors, while they integrate, they do not assimilate.

I cannot name a place where they live in peace as the controlling race. That is why I hope their vision succeeds.

By the way, you guess amiss! I find your posts amusing.

Video: 19 families buy nearly 97 acres of land in Georgia to create a city safe for Black people - CNN

2. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My observation is that you still avoid my questions. Because you avoid answering, the only conclusion I can come to is that you can't face up to the truth that their answer would reveal.

If I guess amiss, who do you blame for most blacks deaths in the U.S.?

Quantrill

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I’m saying you are assuming all Americans of African descent have the same mindset and goals.

That is simply untrue.

peace to you

4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    History is a sad repetition of wars and violence and slavery and butchery.... and then “domination”.

Hardly something to brag about

peace to you

5. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    7 Statistics You Need To Know About Black-On-Black Crime
    Statistics: 1. Data shows that 93 percent of black homicide victims are killed by other blacks.

Enough said.

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every pagan on the block uses the Old Testament to undercut the gospel of Christ. Your verses did not support your premise, and at least one simply dealt with the timing of the roll out of the New Covenant.

Jesus ripped down the dividing wall between Jew and Gentile, again the opposite of your bogus claims.

7. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The verses I gave in the Old Testament do nothing to undercut any gospel. The verses I gave of what Jesus said do nothing to undercut any gospel.

They do support my premise. They do prove you to be mistaken. I realize it is distasteful as everyone today is programmed towards there should be no acknowledgement of race as all are equal.

Again, the dividing wall is ripped down for believers. Not the rest of mankind. In the Church there is no Jew or Gentile. In the world there is. In the world there are various races of men which divide. Various nations which divide. Various languages which divide. God is a good divider isn't He?

Quantrill

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You misrepresent what I say, thus a tell Sir.
    Here is what I actually said: Every pagan on the block uses the Old Testament to undercut the gospel of Christ.

You used the Old Covenant to attempt to undercut the New Covenant in His blood. The Old Covenant has passed away, we (all mankind) are under the New Covenant. God is a uniter. For God loved mankind in this way, He gave His one of a kind Son, so that everyone believing into Him shall not perish but have eternal life. Christ laid down His life as a ransom for all, no matter their DNA, language, or viewpoint. God desires all people to be saved. God demonstrated His love toward us when, while we were yet sinners, He died for us.

Your view is total hogwash.

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mat 15:26-28
    And He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs.”
    But she said, “Yes, Lord; but even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.”
    Then Jesus said to her, “O woman, your faith is great; it shall be done for you as you wish.” And her daughter was healed at once.

So the first verse (viewed in context) does not indicate that Jesus was a racist, but rather He gave His divine blessing to a non-Jew, due to her faith.

Next, John 4:22 says, “You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews"

Here the idea is that Jesus was a Jew, and so the salvation offered to all people is "from the Jews." Once again, this verse does not indicate Jesus was a racist, but rather He died to provide the means of salvation for all mankind, no matter the DNA.

10. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Again, no verses I used undercut any gospel of God. So, no, I did not misrepresent you.

(Luke12:51) "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her m other in law."

How's that for God as a 'uniter'?

Quantrill

11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But what about the Old Testament, where God chose the descendants of Abraham be provide the blessing for the whole world.
    Can it be fairly charged that the Old Covenant was "racist?" Nope

But what about all those descendants, were they not favored? Yes and no. The believing descendants were favored and protected and given the promised land, which of course had to be taken from non-descendants. This was to fulfill God's plan for redemption to be offered to all mankind. It was through Abraham's seed (Jesus) that the blessing was offered to everyone regardless of DNA.

One other point, were there any "non-Jews" listed in Christ's linage? Of course, and believing non-Jews obtained God's blessings, even under to Old Covenant. (Ruth for example).

12. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Of course Jesus awarded her faith. But racially he called her a dog.

Of course salvation is of the Jews. Why? Because God chose the Jews above all other peoples of the earth. (Deut. 7:6) Such a racist statement. No equality there.

Quantrill

13. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why do you ignore (Luke 12:51)?

Well, salvation is of the Jews as He said.

No, Jews DNA, is recognized by God and God will bless them as a race of people. They will be the leading nation over the earth with Christ ruling and reigning in Jerusalem.

Again, you are mixing the 'believing' with the 'world'. Race matters in the world, and God is the One who created it. It divides. And that is what He wanted it to do.

Quantrill

14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the second time, did I say you used Old Testament verses to undercut the gospel? The answer is no, but your post implies I did. Therefore you did "misrepresent by implication" what I said.

As for the Luke passage (Luke 12:51-53) Jesus is teaching His disciples (Jews) and indicating His gospel will divide them, some holding to the Old Covenant, and some accepting the New Covenant. So yet again, the passage indicates God offers salvation to all, including non-Jews, and some of the Jews will be unwilling to accept the Gentiles.

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. You posted Luke 12:51-53 about 16 minutes ago, then charge me with ignoring your citation after about 12 minutes.

2. I did address the Luke passage about 16 minutes from the time you posted it. Me thinks you protest too much.

3. You are misrepresenting the gospel. Why was the Jew told he must be born again, if his DNA got him into the kingdom?

4. You have provided no actual evidence for your blasphemy, that God and Jesus are racists.

5. God will bless believers, regardless of their physical DNA, see Galatians 3 for example.

16. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Again, no verses I used undercut any gospel of God.

No, Christ in (Luk 12:51) is clear. "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth" Not just the disciples.

Quantrill

17. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Give the verse you're alluding to about the Jew being born again. The Jew, though he was a Jew needed to exercise faith also. That doesn't remove the need for him being a Jew to inherit the promises given to the Jews.

I have provided verses to show God's racist views. The Jews were chose above all others. (Deut 7:6) Jesus called the Gentile woman a dog. (Matt. 15:26)

Concerning race we are not always talking about believers. Herein is your confusion.

Quantrill

18. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1, Did I ignore Luke 12:51 or directly address it? I directly addressed it. Here again is what I said:
    As for the Luke passage (Luke 12:51-53) Jesus is teaching His disciples (Jews) and indicating His gospel will divide them, some holding to the Old Covenant, and some accepting the New Covenant. So yet again, the passage indicates God offers salvation to all, including non-Jews, and some of the Jews will be unwilling to accept the Gentiles.​

2. And Van used the NASB direct quote, salvation is FROM the Jews. On this point I have now been misrepresented twice.

3. Your claim is racist and unbiblical. You seem to have ignored Galatians 3.

4. I am not "mixing" the lost with the saved, two very different groups. Christ laid down His life as a ransom for all, the whole world, which includes those to be saved and those never to be saved.

I have shown scripture refutes your every claim. Your charges are false and without biblical basis.

19. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the third time you have made by implication a material false statement.

And for the second time Luke 12:51 foretells that some Jews will reject Gentiles, creating a divide among Jews. You seem unable to grasp this view, and so you seem to have ignored it twice.

20. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sir, if you do not know that Jesus told a Jew he must be born anew, we need to back up and find out your understanding of the gospel of Christ. You could start by reading John 3.3.

And I have shown that not one of the verses you cited showed that God did not love all mankind, making Him the foremost non-racist being in existence.