1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"...we could be a village, again, a tribe, again..."

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wesley Briggman, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes you ignored (Luke 12:51). "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division"

Jesus was not just speaking of His disciples. My claim is racist and Biblical. Division is of God and Christ.

The whole world is not saved. It consists of believers and non-believers.

Quantrill

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1, Did I ignore Luke 12:51 or directly address it? I directly addressed it. Here again is what I said:
    As for the Luke passage (Luke 12:51-53) Jesus is teaching His disciples (Jews) and indicating His gospel will divide them [Jews], some holding to the Old Covenant, and some accepting the New Covenant. So yet again, the passage indicates God offers salvation to all, including non-Jews, and some of the Jews will be unwilling to accept the Gentiles.

2. Did I say Jesus was only speaking to His disciples. Nope. The division brought about by the New Covenant was within the Jewish people.

3. Did I say the whole world was saved? Nope, I said Christ laid down His life as a ransom for all mankind, those to be saved and those never to be saved.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sir, you are simply ignoring the evidence and posting falsehood after falsehood concerning God and Christ.

#63 Van, Sep 18, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2020
  4. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But (Luke 12:51) is clear that Christ is not just speaking to His disciples. The division He brings is upon the whole earth. Not just between the Old Covenant and New Covenant. Upon the whole earth.

Upon the whole earth speaks to the whole earth. Not just the Jewish people. Christ divides.

You need to recognize the difference between the world and the believers.

Quantrill

5. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, I'm just disagreeing with you.

Quantrill