1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wear a Green Bay Packers tie and get fired

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No Ann that is not the way the law is. We have become way to much a lover of what we call rights and think that no one has any authority over us. in the case of an employer they can fire you because you shirt is buttoned up crooked or they simply do not like the color dress or shirt you wore that day. There has been people fired for smoking at home when the company has a no smoking policy at work and the courts have upheld the firings.
    In a real sense our employers are our masters just like scripture says and we are to obey them as the Lord. if this man who was fire had obeyed and took off the tie he would be employed today, but he made the choice to rebel and lost his job.

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Oh, the joys of working sans a union contract.

>Roberts adds that Stone was offered five chances to take of the tie and refused to do it

Oh, the joys of being an independent, freedom loving person who refuses to join a union?

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems to me the only difference is WHO/WHAT is the MASTER - the company or the union!!:sleeping_2:

Me? I'll take the company.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

The salesman has already been hired at another car dealership in Chicago.
    How many people do you think will visit the salesman at his new job?

Salty

I hope the picture is within BB rules - if not, can a moderator trim it down?

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Good for him!

6. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Best thing about football season: the day after the Super Bowl.

George Will said it best when he said something to the effect that football embodies everything wrong with American culture: short outbursts of violence followed by committee meetings.

Is it baseball season yet?

#26 jaigner, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2011
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Point taken, but one should use at least a modicum of good sense and good taste, code or not.

Otherwise they could come in wearing their underwear and according to your reasoning, they should be allowed to stay at work. Reason...no formal dress code . I don't buy it.

That being said, I only want to point out that he was wearing the tie the day after the game and not the day before. Chicago had already lost. He should be allowed to switch allegiance. The local dog was out of the fight.

I believe it may have been an over-reaction by the employer, but the employee should have enough sense to realize some customers would object. Maybe even leave.

I'd have given him the day off, rather than lose a customer. Give him some time to think about it and come back in the next day sans GB tie, with the clear understanding that if he wore the tie the next day, he would be fired.

that's about as reasonable as I could be, but I'm not a Chicago fan.:D

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no union for car salesmen. If there were, I can guarantee you they would all earn a lot less money.

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

Yeah...a union situation would have involved six months of picketing, some slashed tires, and money under the table to some guy with a unibrow...

Much better... :rolleyes:

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

You guys are missing the point.

Conditions in the workplace were unBearable.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.