1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Webcasting Church Service

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

this was posted...

Get this. I live in a small town.

I have about a 10 minute walk to my church! :thumbs::wavey:

2. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Thank God For Live-Streaming On The Net

Argue this as you will...but as for me, I'm thankful for the good Bible-Believing Churches that I know of that have a ministry of live-streamed services over the internet. My wife and I were unable to get out to our own church yesterday as we were both under-the-weather so I was able to watch a live service at the 6pm hour from (Watch Victory Baptist N.Aug.Live) Victory Baptist Church in N.Augusta, South Carolina pastored by Bro.R.Larry Brown. This church is located on the other side of the river from Augusta Georgia and had a FULL HOUSE while the folks on the other side of the river were practicing their own religion over on the golf course at the Master's. (and I DO like Golf...and Nascar...and Football, and Baseball, etc., etc.....but I wouldn't MISS church to go watch them ever again) I was thankful to be able to watch and offer my own praises to God as Bro. Brown preached a great message out of the book of Ezra. I did a little shouting of my own RIGHT HERE.
    I will agree though...it is ALWAYS BETTER to be there in person. I won't disagree with that at all. You can only enjoy the fellowship of other like-minded believers IF you are there in person.

Bro.Greg:saint:

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be a bit of a trip to K-Town, so I get up up at 430 every Sunday morning for the live worship service of Faith Baptist, then at 9 I leave for our local church service

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    for me to go to a like minded church, its a 45 min to an hour depending on traffic because your going towards NYC. The PB's wanted me to help a struggling church in NYC (Manhattan actually) ..... thats 60 miles one way, then $12.00 one way to get through the Lincoln tunnel, then city traffic, then a $38-40 dollar parking charge (without tip) to be in NYC (a town I dislike). I dont even go in there for Ranger Hockey Games or Boxing matches at the Garden any more.

This Web-thing broadcasts both morning & evening services from my home. And I have already spoke to the Pastor. He is the one who suggested it since I didnt even know it was available. In the conversation he mentioned that they attempted to start church plants & they all failed so they are recensant about attempting another. I would have to pretty much have to deliver a ready made congregation to them. Ive gotten similar answers back from other churches. But back to the remote broadcasting stuff.....nothing better than that.

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I live 10 minutes from the Church where I serve. It's wonderful.

Since we are in a metro area with lots of large traffic cooridoors that are largely barren on Sunday mornings we have members who travel quite a ways to attend our community. On average our people drive 15 - 20 minutes to attend. Reducing the extreme examples (that we don't encourage) the fringe travel time seems to be 40 minutes. However, the majority of people are within that 15-20 minute window.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So good. Anyone w/I up to 30 minutes should ...its attainable. But for them further it stopped being any sense of even a pretence of a community ....so the webcast is a valuable tool people should be encouraged to use. Works for me. :thumbs:

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I :applause: you and your wife for not going to church sick and spreading your germs. I wish more people would do that!

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your not listening. I don't want to do it...I'm not spiritual enough. I don't care what your pastors age is. Let God raise up someone else. There is no Starbucks in my nneighborhood.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh and I'm not going to anymore apostate churches. Did that with disterious results. Not going there ever again.

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I don't understand why you like sin? You've said this before and I just don't get it.

I sin, but I do NOT like it.

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a false sense of humility.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well if you don't like it why do you sin. Your actions make absolutely no sense....unless your lieing

#32 Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
  13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree...she does have a false Spence of humility.

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Because I still live in the flesh. But my spirit bears witness with God's Spirit that sin is bad and it makes me feel bad. Paul knew what I'm talking about.

Romans 7:18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.

24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

It's a constant war.

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Spence? :laugh:

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ha ha ...its not me...its this auto correct thing

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, if it makes you feel bad. They why do it...your conscious your sinning. Right ...then you must be stupid to do it only to feel bad about it later...so I should. Conclude what...your studpid?

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Everybody sins. As we mature spiritually, we'll sin less and less, but it will be part of our nature until we lose this dying body. We will not be perfected until we receive our glorified bodies.
    Do you not understand this?

*And no, I'm not stupid.

19. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

EWF...

Yikes!

I sure am glad I live in a nice little "Mayberry" style small town! :wavey:

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    .... Thats good to know LOL!

I understood it from the onset. Then sinning is still a reality for humans & we are still motivated to sin.....an the motivation to sin is always because we like it (Still) ....then only later do we have our consciences kick in & then we are sorry for it. But sin is still a reality in this world.....people will still plant bombs & people will die.

You do not eradicate sin by just being saved, & the sins I fall prey to I really do enjoy. And there are sins that I know I would really enjoy & those I blot out the moment they arise. But what I will not do is walk around here like I'm not a sinner..... that we will leave to the modern day Pharisee (the idealists) ...those who strain the gnat but swallow the camel (and by now they should appear obvious to you who they are)