1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What are you currently preaching?

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by PastorSBC1303, Jan 27, 2006.

1. standingfirminChrist

As I have posted in another thread, I have spent hours on studying and preparing a sermon for a service, only to have the Holy Spirit speak to my heart when I step behind the pulpit and take me in another direction.

Study and preparation are necessary in any pastor's walk, as SBC has affirmed, but sometimes the Spirit does lead in a different direction. Does that mean we are not to preach that message we prepared? NO! God gave us that message for a reason, He will allow it at a later date.

Be faithful to God, ever studying His Word and sensitive to the Leading of the Holy Spirit.

2. PastorBrad

PastorBrad New Member

I am preaching through the book of Acts using the systematic expository preaching method. I hav been there since August and we are in chapter 8. It has been great! It is very difficult to do this with all the narrative in Acts but I really feel like God is in control. Many times I have wanted to move on; but each Sunday he confirms this is where I need to be! Preach the Word guys, and God Bless!

3. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I've started a new series this past Sunday called "The Beauty of the Church" from Eph 5:23-32, and will preach from that passage for the next 3-4 weeks. This week i did an overview of the passage, now i will break it down into 11 ways that the Christ relates to His Bride.

4. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

I am in Bible Doctrines... Justification then Sanctification, last Sunday was Church Discipline and conflict resolution. This past Sunday was the Trinity. Next sunday or 4 will be on Theology ( God the Father proper), next Christiology, and Pneumatology followed by Harmatology, then Angeology and Satan , then Soteriology ..... That oughta take 6 months or a year to scratch the surface on those topics. Then the congregation will be ready for book by book verse by verse style of Bible exegesis.