1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What brings unity among brethren?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heretic Hunter

Heretic Hunter Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You get a cookie. :Thumbsup

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Heretic Hunter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suppose you missed the New Covenant/Testament chapters in Heb 6-13 but then again, that's not surprising for someone disguised as a Baptist to do, that also parades him or herself as being "Yeshua" (another jesus by another name). Do you like it when people call you, "Yeshua"?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    None ever called me that, but do you mind when millions of Latino and Spanish persons are names Jesus?
    And do you think America ever was in a covenant relationship with God same way Israel was under the Old One?

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The simple and correct answer is not what, but whom, the Lord Jesus Himself!

5. Heretic Hunter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you a Mexican named Jesus, of which is not a reference to Messiah, but prefer to be called Yeshua, of which is a reference to Messiah? Or are you someone that is not a Mexican named Jesus, but simply call yourself, Yeshua, in reference to Messiah? What do people on Baptist Board call you? Jesus or Yeshua?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Given a 'Winner' by Forever Settled the accuser.

7. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, he started here as 'JesusFan' (6K+ posts).
    Then he lost his password. He began using a second account which he'd set up previously, 'DaChaser1' (2K+ posts):
    Now he's on identity #3 here: 'Yeshua1'
    Not sure the reason for the shift from the second to third account...

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Forever Settled

Forever Settled Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You get another cookie !! If you would say something that made any sense I would give you a winner.....mr nasty.

If you stop calling me names I will stop calling you names.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How old are you?

10. Forever Settled

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have been calling me Accuser for two days ........I guess thats ok ?

11. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you define being divided? I disagree with paedobaptism. I believe it is wrong to baptize anyone that has not made a credible profession of faith. I also disagree with Presbyterian ecclesiology and church polity. I have many dear paedobaptist friends. We are agreed on the main tenets of the Gospel. However, our theological disagreements cause us to separate into different fellowships. We are not united on certain things. We are divided.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I define being "divided" as having no relationship or association with another. I am looking at this from the "united" perspective. Too often we see the idea of "united in Christ" and "divided in doctrine" with the "united in Christ" being pretty much meaningless except for a well meaning sentiment.

I believe that we are to separate according to doctrine.

I would not, for example, become a member of a free-will Baptist church or a KJO Baptist church. That does not mean that I will not associate with those congregations or even attend a service. I would probably not attend a Presbyterian service because of doctrinal differences. That does not mean, however, that I would not encourage Presbyterians or join in a community program.

Mormonism is a religion that is not united to Christians in Christ. There is a division. The same is true of Jehovah Witnesses.

I believe that the criteria of actual division (not separation, as I see benefit even among less diverse doctrine) is Christ and centered on the gospel of Christ. That is the dividing point.

13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You consistently falsely accuse.

If it results in a change in your juvenile behavior, yes, it's OK.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The truth is that saying someone's opinion is incorrect is not actually calling the person a liar. You did not prove what you alleged to be true so it could be mistaken.

People would generally believe whatever opinion that they state to be correct or true, but that does not mean that their opinion is actually correct. They may sincerely believe or assume that their opinion is a fact, but that does not make it actually a fact. They may be sincerely mistaken or may be basing their opinion on incorrect assumptions or incorrect information. If something is a factual claim or assertion, it could be verified and demonstrated to be an actual fact. It is wise not to assume to know the motives and reasons for why someone makes claims that a person does not or can not prove to be true.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Heretic Hunter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rick, we should analyze the verifyable and actual facts in contrast with Biblical Doctrine. As I pointed out in a previous post What brings unity among brethren? on this thread, there are two members of BB that are proven to preach "another jesus" per 2Cor 11 & 1Jhn 4:1-5

Verifyable and actual facts here: Christ's Return: Spiritual or Physical?

Another verifyable and actual fact here: Is A Silent Church Complicit In The War Crimes of Its State?

I further pointed out verifyable and actual that the Seventh Day Adventist denies that The Lord Jesus Christ is Fully God and Fully Man; and I also provide actual evidence of fact that demonstrate why and how the Occult Gnostic Group uses rewritten Gnostic Perversions of the Bible for their agenda to propagate the damnable heresy, the wresting of the Scriptures to deny the Deity of The Lord Jesus Christ, as they instead preach "another jesus".

In this post, I will also address the fact that the first poster that I mentioned that denies the bodily ressurection of Jesus Christ and His physical return also uses one such Gnostic Perversion of the Bible, as he mocked the use of the King James Bible, to purport his antichrist doctrine of "another jesus". In reviewing that closed thread, pay careful attention by taking notes on the people, including a "redneck" from Kentucky, that were in agreement with that poster, as that is also verifyable and actual evidence of fact of the other heretics that sew disunity among Brethren.

Taken from my previous post on this thread; This is an antichrist quotation, taken from the website, denying the Deity of Jesus Christ by the wresting of the scriptures: "Confessing Millerite Adventists believe that Christ is a divine and infinite Being having the form of God, and all the essential qualities of God, and yet not exactly God in the fullest sense possible."

This is the link to the (Smoking Gun Evidence of using Gnostic Perversions of the Bible to deny the Deity of Jesus Christ) website: A Commentary on Philippians 2:6 - The Seventh-day Millerite / Adventist / Shubertian Forum

This is just a sample of verifyable and actual facts that I will be using with a series of posts that are being drafted for an up and coming thread of the Occult Agenda Against The Holy Bible to deceive the world into eating things sacrificed to idols/devils.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Forever Settled

Faith:
    Baptist
    Redneck I agree with what he posted ! You get that ?
    I agree with him .

• Like Like x 1
  17. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Some of what you may claim to be facts may actually be unproven assumptions or unproven allegations or subjective opinions. You have not convinced others that your personal human perspective is infallible, perfect, or above being challenged. You seem to preach at others as though it would be impossible for you to be mistaken in what you claim. You may be sometimes trying to claim that your opinions are facts. In my opinion, I have seen that some of your claims involve the use of unscriptural, unjust measures/standards [double standards] since you do not apply the same exact standards to the process of the making of the KJV.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about just calling me a fellow Brother in the Lord?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Been the same person all of the time though....

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the division would be when we divide over differences, and then also see the other party as not really being a Christian due to their views on certain doctrines!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.