1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What do members of the BB hold as separating them from Papists?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by agedman, Oct 2, 2015.

1. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mercifully, I can't read his posts. He is destroying this place.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, just to clarify again, the poster wants to show that Daniel is
    "prophesying about the Church."

Let's test that assertion:

Where is the Church?

Where is the Church Age?

What we see here is the Head of the Church.

And the only reason we know that is due to the Revelation of the New Testament. We know, now, that Christ would build His Church. We know, now, that Christ is the Son of God Who judged these nations.

We were told in the previous portion of this eisegetically constructed nightmare that...

Folks, I want you to understand what this fellow is teaching here: that the Church is to be exalted above all other institutions. It is ascribing authority to the Church rather than the Head, to Whom it belongs.

Is that what the Prophecy teaches?

Since when does God exalt the Church?

Who is exalted in Prophecy?

Revelation 19:10

King James Version (KJV)

10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Now, let's look at the proof-text again (and for the record I am using the poster's supplied proof-texts as they were given)...

Dan 2:31 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible.
    32 This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,
    33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.
    34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
    35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

Now the poster's statement here:

It is not the Church in view here, though one desperately try to find it. In view is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. He is the Stone cut out without hands.

Yet this fellow sees the Church in view.

And isn't that interesting.

Continued...

#62 Darrell C, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  3. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So far so good...

This too can be seen as correct, for indeed the Kingdom of God was established in a way unfamiliar to those who would inherit it.

But, if we make that simply a spiritual Kingdom, rather than make the distinction which is that a new ministry of God begins, then once again we find ourselves with a contradiction:

Luke 17:21

King James Version (KJV)

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

So are we to think that the spiritual rule and reign of God in the hearts of believers... didn't begin until Christ came?

Or do we see the Testimony of the Word of God as indicating that God is Sovereign in the lives of those that trust in Him?

You choose, folks.

What we can say is that the Prophecy of the proof-texts offered do nothing to support an attempt to show the Church or the Church Age prophesied in the Old Testament.

And this is just one of the issues which this fellow, nor his partners in crime will address, which is that the New Testament tells us that specifically:

Romans 16:25-26

King James Version (KJV)

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

This, plus multiple passages which make it clear that the Gospel, the very foundation of the Church...was a mystery. It was hidden. It was not revealed unto men.

Gentile Inclusion...a mystery as well.

So unless we want to create two Peoples of God on the eternal level, then we are forced to admit that the Church Age was a Mystery not understood by men.

Apparently...it is still not understood in certain camps.

This issue has been raised numerous times, and not the first person has even bothered to address it...not even once.

And by the way, my A-millennial brethren, who applaud this kind of pseudo exegesis...you're welcome. This should help you in your attempts to deny the Millennial Kingdom. An understanding that the argument that the Old Testament Prophesied in specificity the Church or the Church Age should help you when you levy the false argument about those who create Two Peoples of God.

;)

God bless.

4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm surprised...no mention of Mesopotamia.

I would think at least an honorable mention would be made for what this fellow calls the most important civilization of wolrd history.

Other than that, I have no issues with what is stated here. Just curious as to what book this was copied from.

;)

Don't have a problem with this interpretation either. We're on a roll. How many facts can we get through before finding something questionable?

Point 1 is fine, but point 2 is a little misleading. None of us would deny the Lord God is Sovereign over His Church.

But how does this establish the premise this post was meant to address?

How does this see the Prophecy of Daniel and Micah fulfilled at the time of the First Advent?

It doesn't.

How does it show the Church or the Church Age in the Old Testament?

It doesn't.

How does it fulfill this Prophecy...

Revelation 11:14-15

King James Version (KJV)

14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

...?

It doesn't.

Hey, fellas...this Prophecy is Post Cross and Post Pentecost.

Think about that, okay?

Continued...

5. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is why we rely on the Whole Counsel of God's Word.

Again, another Prophecy which is Post-Cross and Post-Pentecost:

Revelation 17:7-14

King James Version (KJV)

7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Kind of destroys the presentation of a view that sees the "Mountain" of the Proof-texts as the final mountain of Prophecy.

These mountains do indeed represent governing bodies, we call them Empires.

Five are Fallen: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, and Greece.

One is: Rome.

And the other is not yet come: the final empire of Revelation's events. That which will arise in the Tribulation, and will be the "mountain" that Antichrist governs.

Remember, this is Post-Cross and Post-Pentecost.

The final mountain has not yet come.

The mountain presented as the government in which the Kingdom will be established in is no longer, and we still await for this Prophecy to be fulfilled.

Continued...

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've placed him on ignore. First/only in my six years here.

Nah, you give him too much credit and not enough credit to BB public opinion.

Have you put him on ignore? It works right nicely. No more incessant scrolling, it's like he's not even there.

#66 kyredneck, Oct 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree completely.

How does that support the premise of the post?

It doesn't.

I wonder if our A-millennial brethren actually understood much of what was said in this post, which is contradictory to their own views. Hilarious, really, while at the same time tragic.

Anyway, while we can understand the point is sound at it's basest level, and can be confirmed in the New Testament, where do we see that here...

Dan 2:31 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible.
    32 This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,
    33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.
    34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
    35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

...?

How is that relevant to the Church or Church Age being prophesied in this text?

And just to remind you guys, the point in view centers on the distinction between the Church Age and the former dispensations.

And Isaiah can be trusted.

This presentation, on the other hand...cannot be.

Explain why Scripture states there will be a literal Kingdom ruled by Christ on this earth, where there will be peace among nations, yet you feel that is already fulfilled?

We already saw "the Law going forth from Jerusalem (as well as the Word of God)" reduced to a spiritualized application that disregards Prophecy as a whole.

Here are the conditions of that Kingdom...

Zechariah 14:16-21

King James Version (KJV)

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, Holiness Unto The Lord; and the pots in the Lord's house shall be like the bowls before the altar.

21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.

Another vague reference which clearly present the multiple fulfillments seen in Prophecy.

Acts 2:16-20

King James Version (KJV)

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

And I will point out this is not Post-Pentecost, lol.

It is the very Day of the most important Pentecost we know of at this point.

The reason I mention that, fellas, is because we see The Revelation of Jesus Christ...comes after this fulfillment.

So kind of hard to make the assertion that the Mountain of Isaiah 2 is exclusively God's Kingdom which is prophesied to come.

Agreed.

But you still have not presented a passage that shows the Church in Old Testament Prophesy.

The arguments offered have at their root the denial of differing ministries of God through the Ages. The Church was not established until Pentecost.

And it is this kind of nonsense that allows for that error to remain the views of those that do not take the time to study all of Prophecy.

This is certainly an improvement to stalking.

Keep up the good work!

;)

God bless.

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What was that somebody said about what the Public might think?

lol

God bless.

9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that someone is getting desperate to argue a point no-one has brought up.

You will never accomplish anything trying to discredit Systematic Theologies.

Try actually arguing the points that are actually raised.

God bless.

10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Typical.

God bless.

11. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You say this like this is a revelation. lol

No kidding Aaron?

If you would ever address any point raised to you...that would be a marked improvement.

lol

And that is what is important to you and your buddies...that someone cares what it is you have to say.

Well, guess what...no-one should care what we have to say, but what the Word of God has to say.

That is the primary problem with you and your friends.

So instead of worrying yourself about being accepted, how about worrying that doctrine you have embraced has some issues? You would come to that realization if you would just address the points and Scripture provided.

You do.

;)

lol

Hilarious.

lol

Hilarious.

Sorry, Aaron, you don't set the conditions for discussion, nor how a discussion is going to go.

If you were "happy to engage" you would have done that by now.

The points are there for you to pick from, try addressing one of them. I am not going to keep addressing the same errors. I have done that in my last two posts to you and you have simply reiterated the same weak arguments. You did not quote me once, and we both know why.

God bless.

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Destroying your liberty to post without repercussion, maybe. That is what bothers you.

Destroying this place? lol

Because I actually debate on a debate forum?

Hilarious. But if that makes you feel better, my friend, so be it.

Perhaps if you had a larger vision than a country club where people can spout vague nonsense without the need to address those who challenge them...

Wee?

God bless.

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's right, put me on ignore.

Just keep in mind I still have complete liberty to address who I choose.

And again, Facebook might be something to check into. Nice short posts, little meditation on the Word of God required, and definitely a place where those who are simply seeking to socially network go.

And your words ring a bit hollow there, my friend, seeing here you are again, once again complaining about my posts. lol

God bless.

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now, about out of time, but for those of you not reading the responses to the post you applauded, understand, it (the post you applauded) stands in direct contrast, even as sloppy as it was...to your own views, lol.

Which establishes that truth is set aside for the benefit of personal feelings.

That is why your doctrine is so easy to expose as erroneous.

You guys just make it far easier for your antagonist than you should.

God bless.

15. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have him on ignore, too. Also, you can put moderators on ignore, too. That alone makes it worth the format change. :) :D ;)

16. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    lol

But weren't you already...ignoring the Moderators?

;)

God bless.

17. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suspect many have and I expect the new admin to eventually recognize his tactic of smothering threads with gibberish, especially if folks are complaining.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, great minds think alike!

I too am hoping that Admin will recognize what is going on.

;)

God bless.

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey look! A short post!

I believe I was asked if I thought one held superstitious notions. This was one of my replies to that question. I don't remember to whom it was addressed. But, since you brought it up, I'll pose the question to you: Do you believe that if one blesses the Jews, then he is blessed?

#79 Aaron, Oct 10, 2015
  20. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's the favorite to be the first one back on my Ignore List. Leading by a large margin.

• Like Like x 1