1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Do You Believe about Demonic Instrumental Music?

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Scripture More Accurately, Mar 2, 2021.

?
  1. We cannot know if demonic instrumental music does or does not exist.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. There is no such thing as demonic instrumental music.

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Demonic instrumental music exists and all of it is neutral because it is just music.

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Demonic instrumental music exists and all of it pleases God.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Demonic instrumental music exists and none of it pleases God; it all displeases Him.

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  6. Demonic instrumental music exists and some of it pleases God and the rest does not.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Demonic instrumental music exists, but we cannot know whether any of it pleases God or not.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In post # 73, you object to using instruments in worship music if there is any question of whether God would approve it. Who is going to play worship music that they think God might disapprove of? That leaves us with aceppella music only - right? Are you in the Church of Christ? I believe instruments will be in Heaven. I think your views on this topic seem a little extreme.

While I personally don't like most modern worship music, I don't see any problems with any music that praises God and is Scripturally sound.

#81 Lodic, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do I believe about demonic instrumental music?

I believe, as Christians, we have more important things to worry about, starting with our personal salvation and walk with God ... then followed by the one another verses and Great Commission to evangelize and disciple ... with music performed by the Demon possessed falling in importance somewhere near the color of the carpet in the sanctuary.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scripture More Accurately

Scripture More Accurately Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I did not say any such thing in post #73. You should go back and reread that post more carefully.

I believe that using musical instruments in corporate worship is essential to give God the full glory that is due His name!

I am not in the Church of Christ. I have ministered with a musical instrument in churches for several decades.

4. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My apologies. I didn't read your response as closely as I should have.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    No problem.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WAJungleMonkey

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think there is any kind of music created by demons, but I believe there is music that creates some kind of noise to damage people's spiritual state, whether the musician intends it or is aware of what he/she is doing.

We know that music affects the mind, as well as plants and objects, in either positive or negative ways. This is observable science. The way it works is by sending vibrational energy into the air which can either work in harmony with a body's energy- whether it be human, animal, plant, or object- or by dis-harmony and throwing the object/person into chaos. Since the mind and the soul are closely related, being two parts of what makes us whole humans, music then affects the soul.

So, I think in that sense, certain music can be "demonic" because it does not lead to peace and order. Anything that is not of peace and order is of the Devil, whether by his manipulation or by our fallen human state, which ultimately comes from the Devil- either way, you wind up back at Satan.... By that understanding, there is A LOT of modern music loved by Christians (even "worship" music) that can be damaging to the soul and classified as "demonic", lol.

7. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Whose eyes does verse 18 speak of being opened?

Under whose authority are such people prior to this happening to them?

What does it mean that they were under such authority prior to this happening to them?

#87 Scripture More Accurately, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  8. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because He cannot judge us except by His words. Luke 12:40-49 says those servants or saints left behind will be judged by stripes per the measure of knowledge that they did have for not being ready & lesser stripes for the lack of knowledge they did not have in being ready; hence there is knowledge from the Word of God to be had. Therefore if there is no warning nor condemnation to any certain kind of instrumental music for which we have knowledge from His words by, how can He judge us with any stripes at al?

The question is where does the Bible teach that He will NOT accept the offering to Him in worship?

Answer; God the Father will not accept the offering to Him in worship if they approach God the Father by any other way than the Son in worship; John 14:6 & John 10:1 That means approaching God the Father in giving an offering of worship to Him by approaching the father by the Holy Spirit or the Trinity will NOT be accepted & considered a work of iniquity..

Answer yet again; God the Father will NOT accept the offering to Him in worship if they honor anyone else besides the Son in worship. John 5:22-23 That means honoring the Holy Spirit or the "Trinity" in worship other than the Son in order to honor the Father will NOT be accepted & considered a work of iniquity.

Confirmation to rightly dividing the word of truth can be found in Matthew 7:13-27 in how they broaden the way in the worship place whereby focus on the Holy Spirit in these apostate movements of the "spirit" has brought out claims of miracles, but yet they fall down due to lack of self control when receiving these spirts of the antichrist, assuming they were the Holy Spirit because He was addressed in worship.& to come to them in worship & they came

Jesus cites the solution to avoid that iniquity in Luke 13:24-30

Why the focus on the Son & never on the Holy Spirit? because God is calling sinners away from their practice of seeking spirits & communing with spirits to a personal reconciled relationship with Him ( the Father ) thru Jesus Christ. For believers to abstain from all appearances of evil in proving all things, then the supernatural phenomenon that can be found in the world cannot be found in coming to the Father in worship; hence if found, then they are NOT coming to God the Father in worship by the only way of the Son in honoring only the Son.

Only God can enable you to see the truth in His words of just how bad it is in these latter days for why believers are following the crowd in their man made unscriptural church traditions rather than His words for why only a few will find the way to Him.

9. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will the pomp of the Lord be brought down as well? If not, then neither will the noise of the viols to the Lord. Isaiah 14:11 judgment's is given to the one going to the grave as the pomp & the viols given to the one going to the grave will go down with him. His pomp & viols about the one going to the grave will cease, but that does not end pomp & viols.

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all. No one denies it. We just understand it.
    You mean glorious like the butchery of animals? The observance of days? The sound of machines? You have such a small and carnal view of the Promises. Have you never read the book of Hebrews?

Not willingly, I certainly agree. But, if you are one of His, you will eventually.

11. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, He can and does judge people who violate His prohibitions by going to forbidden realms and dabbling in the wickedness of the people who practice those things. God does not have to and has not told all us the evil things that idolaters and occultists do, including in their music.

He commands us to reject it all. If you dabble in the occult, you will not get to use the reason that He did not tell us what things of the occult are bad and what things are not. He has forbidden all contact with it.

12. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    The passage says nothing about any so-called "pomp" of the Lord. The text is teaching that there is music that was played by the Babylonians on viols that God judges. That does not mean that the instrument itself or everything played on it is or would be unacceptable.

13. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    We will see in that day what the right understanding of Scripture was.

14. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My reference to the pomp of the Lord & the noise of viols to Him is to defer from the pomp & the noise of the viols to the one being judged to die in that verse below, because the pomp of the Lord & the noise of the viols to Him will continue with the Lord.

Isaiah 14:11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

15. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You were asking for judgment regarding instrumental music as being demonic, or am I misunderstanding your topic?

If said instrumental music was in the fellowship of demonic activities or even carnal activities; then yeah, leave since we are not to have fellowship with the works of darkness, but reprove them.

Ephesians 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. 12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. KJV

But instrumental music in and by itself? No. I do not see how it can be demonic unless the ones playing them are trying to invoke the demonic, but that would not be the same as addressing instrumental music in and by itself as being demonic because I do not see how anyone can discern one way or another if you judge like that...

16. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not understand what you are saying here. The pronouns "thy" in this verse do not refer to the Lord--they refer to the king of Babylon.

17. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right. I was referring "thy" to the king as well as he is the one going to the grave, but the point was just because the pomp & noise of those viols to that king shall cease, that does not condemn the pomp & noise of the viols to the Lord.

18. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are putting an enormous amount of weight on a "quote" cobbled together from three different parts of an interview with Cameron Crowe in the very heart of Bowie's deep drug addiction and cocaine-fueled psychosis.

My guess is that you found that "quote" somewhere and it served your purposes, so you never bothered tracking down the source, nor tried to objectively assess how credible and relevant David Bowie's opinions might be, even if he were quoted with the simple context of the article. Yet you treat his sloppy quotation of his ramblings as if it was divine truth.

Stick to scripture for divine insight, and hold personal opinions, experiences, preferences, and cultural norms with humility.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I am not putting enormous weight on one "sloppy quotation." There are many quotations from rock musicians testifying to the demonic nature of their music. Furthermore, this combination quote has ellipsis points to show the omissions.

#99 Scripture More Accurately, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  20. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know how old you are, but I'm in my mid-50s. In the 1970-80s, there were a lot of evangelists and youth speakers who wrote books about the evils of rock music and used quotes by musicians in the rock music world in a similar way. They were folks like Bob Larson, the Peters Brothers, Jacob Aranza, the tracts of Jack Chick, etc. As a believer who was just getting serious about my faith in the mid-1980s, I was quite concerned over what these Christian leaders were saying. Like everything else in my Christian faith, I tried to be a Berean (Acts 17:11) and listen with trust, but verify everything I could so I could determine whether or not to stake the name of Jesus (my witness/ministry/teaching) on what I had been told and read from these leaders. I went to the research library at my university (I was a college student) and spot checked a number of quotes (in the places where they gave a reference), and read the quotes in context. Sometimes the quote did not appear at all -- at the time, I chalked it up to error, since I had not yet run across the phenomenon in Christian publishing of completely fabricated quotes -- but where I could find the quotes, about 95% of the time, the quote was grossing taken out of context, or even twisted to mean the opposite of what was said. I was shocked by the realization that writers of many popular Christian books (and now websites), are unconcerned about what is true. They simply don't seem to care. They want to present a point of view and will use whatever means necessary to push their agenda.

So unless you have personally looked up a quote, I advise you not to use it. Not because you have to answer to me, but you have to answer to the Lord Jesus, Who does not appreciate persons who knowingly tell falsehoods in His name.

I have a precommitment to Christ that demands that I not believe or propogate falsehoods, and I warn others of doing the same. I find it amazing that you are less concerned about the false quote you presented and more concerned about judging my perceptions. You should be grieved that you have misled others, not talking about how you have a lot of other questionable quotations at your disposal.