1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Do You Believe about the Millennium?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Scripture More Accurately, Apr 5, 2021.

?
  1. Amillennial

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. Postmillennial

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Dispensational Premillennialism

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
  4. Historic Premillennialism

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. Other

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  6. Not sure

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are pan-rapturists too. Personally post-trib pre-mill. Since about 1967.

2. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ezekiel's chapters 35-48 will come to pass. The stage is perfectly set for it to begin and proceed rapidly.

It is sad, that Ezekiel chapter 36, sticks in the craw of so many here at the Baptist Board.

But nonetheless, God will remove the heart of stone from His People Israel.

He will give them a heart of flesh.

They will be His People.

He will be their God.

He will make a new covenant with Israel.

They will serve Him and Keep His commandments.

Jesus will reign from Jerusalem for a Thousand Years.

The Dead Sea will become an exceedingly fruitful body of water.

The Heathens will be put to shame.

I've never understood the cold-heartedness of professing Christians towards Israel when the scriptures clearly say that they are blinded in part and have a heart of stone. God allowed that for a season, called the Age of Grace, wherewith we sinners called Gentiles have benefitted.

Thank God that He is faithful to all the promises of the scriptures. His Word.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Scripture More Accurately

Scripture More Accurately Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is wrong. After the Resurrection, Jesus had flesh and bones, as they saw Him to have (Luke 24:39). He ate before people. They touched Him. He had a glorified physical body.

Angels told the disciples that the same Jesus that was taken up from them into heaven would so come in the like manner as they had seen Him go into heaven (Acts 1:11). They saw Him ascend into heaven with a glorified physical body, and He will return in that very same glorified physical body.

What you are teaching is very wrong. To say that Jesus now has a "spiritual, non-physical" body is a very serious denial of what Scripture teaches about the glorified Jesus.

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Explain the difference.

The one exception of course is Christ who when he said, "Father into your hands, I commend the spirit of me," and so saying he expired, descended to Hades and three days later was resurrected from Hades

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be going in the heresy camp of the JW, as they hold Jesus as being raised in just a "spiritual sense" Paul point is that those born as sinners must be saved to enter the Kingdom of Jesus, and he will ten raise them up in immortal and imperishable bodily form when he comes!

#145 Yeshua1, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  6. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not arguing anything different.

"Like manner" does not mean "like form". It is an adverbial phrase, not an adjective. It is a description of how he left and how we was to come back. And how did He leave? In a cloud that took Him out of their sight. That is how He came back.
    You cannot prove that Jesus has a physical body now. It was required of Him, when He was on His Messianic mission to be in a physical form, but it is not required now. He is no longer in the "days of His flesh", Heb. 5:7.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just mean to say that no one is in Hades now. I believe Hades was emptied at the coming of Christ c. AD 70.

8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to ask.

1 Cor 15:23 YLT and each in his proper order, a first-fruit Christ, afterwards those who are the Christ's, in his presence,

Has that, "afterwards, in his presence," taken place? That is speaking of the resurrection of those who are Christ's, is it not?

1 Cor 15:52 YLT in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, in the last trumpet, for it shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we -- we shall be changed: --- Is that how those spoken of in V23 will be raised, incorruptible?

And if I understand correctly, that must take place before one can inherit (whatever that means) the (kingdom) reign of God?

We who are Christ's are presently flesh and blood, are we not?

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them, and the souls of those who have been beheaded because of the testimony of Jesus, and because of the word of God, and who did not bow before the beast, nor his image, and did not receive the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand, and they did live and reign with Christ the thousand years; and the rest of the dead did not live again till the thousand years may be finished; this is the first rising again.

Do you think that of Rev 20:4,5 would require incorruptibility? Is that not exactly what is spoken of in 1 Cor 15? Which begins as his coming, in his presence, incorruptible?

Now consider the devil being chained in the first three verses.

9. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Sorry I forgot about you being the big P. I now understand.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus is in that same body was raised up in, and who ate and spoke with the Apostles!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Preterists are the poster children for Premillennialists.

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Visibly.

Visibly.

Visibly.

13. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you also believe that Jesus is now no longer the God-Man so that He is no longer human at all? If not, in what ways is He still human?

14. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Say hi to Racine for me. I went to HS there; Dad pastored Faith Baptist Church there for 5 years (no longer a church there).

My point was that the "progress" of Mankind is not upward, not even sidewise. It is steadily down, down, down. The 21st century is the most wicked and immoral since Noah's Flood. Communism still destroys lives all over the world. The worst wars ever were in modern times. 70 million babies have been murdered through abortion in the US alone, and maybe even a billion killed in China that way. Japan has twice the abortion per capita as the wicked US, and in the meantime parents in India abort girl babies by the millions because they want boy babies.

Can you honestly claim that things are not more wicked than ever in this world?

What I can't figure out is why Calvinists and others who believe in the depravity of man (as I do) can possibly think the world is getting better. Calvinism and postmil are logically and theologically incompatible.

15. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no problem with that.

16. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He most certainly is still and always will be the God-man. But humanity does not hinge on physicality.

17. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's just inhuman. :D

If you are saying that Jesus now has no physical body, you are absolutely and completely wrong. John 20 is very clear that Thomas touched the physical body of Jesus.

#157 John of Japan, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have zero proof from Scripture that Jesus' body changed from the time that He ascended to when He was received in heaven.

19. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, please clearly answer the question.

20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm glad to hear that, because I'd hate for you to be taken by surprise.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.