1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What happens if you die while you're sinning?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, May 14, 2006.

1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

MIKE!!!

wait, wait, wait...

Here is what it actually says...

Eph 5:
    3: But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
    4: Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
    5: For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

J.Jump; Not sure what you are trying to say with the verses that you have pulled out

If someone committs such an act as adultery and if they repent and stop the sin we will accept their confession and baptize them and receive them back into the fold. If they do it over and over I for one will not get my feet wet again.

BB;1 Corinthians, chapter 3

16": Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? (How can such a one committ such an act?)

"17": If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

"18": Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

3. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

it says let it not be namd among you... it is unbecoming to saints... then it says people who do that wont be in heaven

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Thx Claudia;

5. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Youre welcome Bob but now I dont know which side to take on this, Im confused

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Take the Lord's side!!

"17": If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

"18": Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

7. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Claudia,

I agree completly. Thats what God is telling them...

"Let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints"

...which is precisely what I said in my post. "As becometh saints" means that God is saying those things shouldnt be in the life of "saints". How can you miss that? God in that passage is saying the same thing he said in the passages I quoted in my post...

In both passages God is telling them that they are saints, that can not change and never will, so they shouldnt be behaving in ways that is normal for those who are not saints.

Why does God say "but rather giving thanks"?

Because they are saints and they need to stop doing what the lost naturally do, and they need to start doing what they, as saints, should be doing.

These people whom God is encouraging are not whoremongers, or unclean, or covetious or idolators.

They are Spirit born christians. Children of God. But they are behaving like "whoremongers", the "unclean" and "idolators"

God is saying to them "You are saints...you need to stop living like the lost".

Grace and peace,

Mike

8. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Question

What if we are not talking about such a grievous sin such as adultery. What if the sin is, failure to witness to somebody or coveting your neighbors car. Does this change any of your possisions on the matter? If you are a Christian but you have an unclean thought, are you a false Christian?

9. gekko

gekko New Member

with God there is no respect of persons.

10. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Gekko

That is kind of what I am getting at. only:

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    Romans 6:23

The wages of all sin are death. So is there a difference between adultery and coveting your neighbors car? Not in the penalty there is not.

In other words if you fail to witness or have an unclean thought are you a false Christian, do you need to be kicked out of the Church and be rebaptized after repentance.

Also when you think about all the possabilitys of how everybody sins (often times not knowing about it) it seems absurd that if we die while sinning we will loose our salvation. We may not die during one of, what we think of as, a big sin adultry but I bet we die while sinning somehow.

Thank the Lord for the second half of the verse I quoted.
    "the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

11. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

If God says "eternal life," how can it be anything but eternal?

12. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Gwen,

No, it cant. If we have recieved the gift of eternal life, than its eternal. It can never end, be changed, or taken away.

Mike

13. gekko

gekko New Member

what's all the hype about rebaptizing?

i've never heard of this - neither do i tend to agree with it.

a true christian will not turn their back after they've put their hands to the plow.

if they do - they are unfit for the kingdom.

(anyone got the scripture referance for that?)

14. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I'd like to see the list of sins a Christian can commit and still be saved, and which ones would prove that I was not really a believer. I want to make sure I fit the criteria, since I can't just trust the blood on its own and have to have some external measure. I suppose I could just compare myself to others on this board and see if I'm better than some of you.

15. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

The above is a modern day heresy.
    Hell is for the wicked, the unsaved, and never has anything to do with the saved. There is no such thing as the saved suffering during the thousand year reign with Christ. In fact if you read Revelation 19, you will find the saints coming back to earth with Christ in their perfected glorified bodies to reign on earth with Christ. How can one receive judgement in a "Baptist purgatory" after already been in heaven for a time, and after having received his glorified body at the resurrection? Preposterous!!

Read about the events of the Great White Throne Judgement where Death and Hell are cast into the Lake of fire (Rev.20:10-15) and will suffer eternal torment day and night forever and ever. Hell contains all the wicked from all ages from the creation of the world to this day. They will then be cast into the Lake of Fire at their final sentencing.
    DHK
    </font>[/QUOTE]If indeed the danger of a Christian at the judgment seat of Christ missing the kingdom is heresy, it is not modern. Many people have believed and taught it long before the baptist board was around. Watchman Nee taught this in China, and today there are many Christians in China who endure great persecution knowing that if they suffer they will reign, and if they deny their Lord, He will deny them. But lukewarm Christians who have never known a day of suffering for their faith can easily dismiss such fairy tales. Yea, hath God said? Nah. Pass the fried chicken, brother Hananiah.

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There is no doubt that the Bible speaks much about suffering. That is not the point.

Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

There are many verses that speak of Christians suffering in this life. All who live Godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
    But that has nothing to do with Millennial Kingdom. There is no Scriptural basis for any believer to suffer in the Millennial Kingdom. We don't believe in the Catholic concept of Purgatory. But it seems that you do believe in such a concept.
    The Millennial Kingdom takes place after the Judgement Seat of Christ which takes place in heaven, after the rapture when we already have our glorified bodies. There we will spend seven years in heaven whie the Great Tribulation. Read Revelation 19. At the end of the seven years Christ comes with his saints to put down the enemies of Israel and set up His Kingdom. At that time the believers will rule with him. No believer will undergo any 1000 year punishment. That is a ridiculouos theory without Biblical support whatsoever.
    DHK

17. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Call it purgatory, call it heresy, it doesn't change the fact that everything I say has scripture behind it. I'm not making this stuff up. You can't even prove that all Christians will go in the rapture, so to say that you will be sitting in heaven during the tribulation sipping lemonade is a bit presumptuous. But you are correct, the judgment seat of Christ happens before the millennium. The great white throne occurs after. No unbeliever appears at the judgment seat of Christ. So why is it that when the Lord speaks of the rewarding of the faithful saints and the rebuke and punishment of the unfaithful on that day, ala the separating of the sheep and the goats, we assume the unfaithful goats are not saved? You ought to have a better reason than 'no Christian will ever be punished.'

Matthew 25
    34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
    37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

Am I supposed to think that this is talking to someone other than a faithful believer before the kingdom? You would have to show me that Christ has prepared a kingdom for someone other than those that love Him.

Romans 3:10-12
    10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
    11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
    12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

If you have adulters in your church and just say "do you repent" and they say yes so that is the end of it you do that person a wrong for as long as they are putting God to "open shame" then they are not in the church in the first place. I would not be a partaker of such a church. I have not heard of the church having ability to forgive adultery. You are playing God and when it says who art thou that would judge another man's servant that also is what it is talking about and for you to put yourself in the place of God is ridiculeous.

Do you think God is just making conversation in the Scripture below?

1 Corinthians, chapter 3

16": Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? (How can such a one committ such an act?)

2 Corinthians, chapter 6
    "14": Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Ephesians, chapter 5

"11": And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

I wonder if someone says it is ok to do such things then come to the church and say "forgive me" is looking for a way to commit such things.

1 Corinthians, chapter 5

"1": It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

11": But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

"12": For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

"13": But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

(We try and follow the Scriptures at our church and not make them up as we go.)

[ May 15, 2006, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Brother Bob ]

19. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I think God can absolutely destroy a believer for defiling the temple (which temple ye are) and still raise that believer up on the last day. And not just for adultery, either.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
    9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

What about this Scripture do you follow it or just skip it? You do err calling him a believer. They that commit such acts are not righteous.

1 Corinthians, chapter 5
    11": But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

You know a tree by the fruit it bears and to say that someone committing adultery is a righteous is blasphemy.