1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the OFFICIAL Sda Views On Gospel And Ellen White?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Mar 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluejx

bluejx Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    To whom much is given much is required.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2. bluejx

bluejx Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Isaiah 66:17
    "Those who sanctify themselves and purify themselves, To go to the gardens After an idol in the midst, Eating swine's flesh and the abomination and the mouse, Shall be consumed together," says the Lord.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    can I take that would be "No, if a Sda held to that, would lose eternal life?"

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What has the Sda ever been given though from Ellen White?

5. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are changing the subject. No one here believes salvation is a license to sin. Stay on topic please. Either you believe you are saved by grace through faith, NOT OF YOURSELF, or you do not. There is only one Gospel which one do you follow?

For by grace ye are saved through faith, and this NOT of yourselves.

or

Not by grace ye are saved, but rather of yourselves.

6. bluejx

bluejx Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A lesser light pointing to the great light.

7. bluejx

bluejx Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It's not a change in subject, steaver. It's an expansion and relevant. It's already been made clear that SDAs believe that we are saved by grace through faith. Any accusation to the contrary is a straw man nonsense. The question we ask of others is: what exactly do you think you've been saved from if you insist that you'll never be able to resist temptation to sin?

8. bluejx

bluejx Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just another thing. If you read a previous posting of mine you'll read a few verses from Romans 6. It's pretty clear that Paul believed the reasonable result of being saved in to not sin but to serve God in holiness. So, was Paul suggesting that by serving God we would be saving ourselves? Because it seems like that's what you are suggesting is the only motivation for not sinning, to saved oneself. I wonder then, what do you think is the reasonable response of a saved person.

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Established bc you say so?? Simple question for you. If YOU sin are YOU saved?

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This would be the SDA argument we see on here all day long. Sin and be damned.

11. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Take God's name in vain??

Sure one can commit that sin and then ask for forgiveness.

In the NT "Sin IS transgression of the Law" 1 John 3:4

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And take God's name in vain??

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    and also that Matthew 18 and Romans 11 "details" are not to be "avoided" but rather accepted and believed.

Now I know what you are thinking "and what ARE those details in Matthew 18 and Romans 11 Bob?"

Thought you would never ask..

========================
    Christ and Paul -- "tell the truth" as it turns out. (May come as a surprise to some folks)

Matt 18
    32 Then summoning him, his lord *said to him, ‘You wicked slave, I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. 33 Should you not also have had mercy on your fellow slave, in the same way that I had mercy on you?’ 34 And his lord, moved with anger, handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him. 35 My heavenly Father will also do the same to you, if each of you does not forgive his brother from your heart.”

Romans 11
    19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; 21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either. 22 Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.?

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ]Christ and Paul -- "tell the truth" as it turns out. (May come as a surprise to some folks)

Matt 18
    32 Then summoning him, his lord *said to him, ‘You wicked slave, I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. 33 Should you not also have had mercy on your fellow slave, in the same way that I had mercy on you?’ 34 And his lord, moved with anger, handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him. 35 My heavenly Father will also do the same to you, if each of you does not forgive his brother from your heart.”

Romans 11
    19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; 21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either. 22 Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.?

Is this your response each time you see a quote of Matthew 18 or Romans 11?

On the contrary - I love to pay attention to the "very Bible details" you appear to find most 'inconvenient'

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    you appear to claim to imagine that the forgiveness-revoked saints of Matthew 18 go to hell pay their own full debt of sin - then get eternal life in heaven.... are you Mormon? I thought you were Baptist.

Matt 18

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BobRyan said:
    The Gospel

And we also teaching that we should not take God's name in vain.
    This is the easy part.

Even your own Baptist Confession of Faith admits that we should not be at war against God's Ten Commandments.

Or decides to dishonor parents? Eph 6:2
    Or decides to take God's name in vain? Ex 20:7
    Or decides to covet? Romans 13
    Or decides to lie? Romans 13

Seriously??

How about this - read your own "Baptist Confession of Faith" section 19 -- they also know that sin is not what saints are being called to engage in.

(Why do Baptists find themselves at odds with their own Baptist Confession of Faith so often on these boards?)

I assume you never heard of "General Baptists"

17. bluejx

bluejx Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well yeah, pretty much. It is in our official statements and I can authoritative answer for myself that I believe we are saved by grace through faith. As for your "simple" question, might I ask for some context? Why are you posing it? Is it because you believe it's OK to sin because you think that saving grace allows it and simply covers you while continuing in sin?

18. bluejx

bluejx Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quote please.

19. bluejx

bluejx Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And your alternative?

20. Saved-By-Grace

Saved-By-Grace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mrs White, the "prophet" of the SDA movement said that those who worship on Sunday will received the mark of the beast as described in Revelation. Ellen G. White Estate: Daily Devotional - Maranatha This then must include the Disciples of the Lord Jesus, who actually were the first to worship on Sunday.

More importantly, Mrs White taught the arch-heresy of "The Investigative Judgment", which includes "As the priest, in removing the sins from the sanctuary, confessed them upon the head of the scapegoat, so Christ will place all these sins upon Satan, the originator and instigator of sin.", Ellen G. White Estate: Daily Devotional - Maranatha, which is nothing short of blasphemy as it makes satan, rather than the Lord Jesus Christ, the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. Jesus Christ, and not satan, is the "scapegoat" (sin-bearer) as He removes the sins of those who repent and believe in Him.

#40 Saved-By-Grace, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.