1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What is the Religion of the Beast

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by blacksheep, Mar 20, 2019.

Tags:
?
  1. Catholicism/Rome

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. A New age Type Religion including churches

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. A unified one world religion

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  4. Islam

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  5. Other

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm curious to see if minds have changed over the years.

2. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe this was about the apostate Jewish religion. Not the true Jewish religion, but one where the Jewish priests joined themselves to Rome in the 1st Century.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that the beast out of the sea is anti-Christian government of any stripe, and the beast out of the earth is false religion of any sort which allies itself with the state to persecute Christians.
    It has been going on certainly since Daniel 3:1-6, and it will continue until our Lord's return in glory. It seems that it may get worse as that time approaches.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree!

"....The seven heads correspond to the four beasts of Daniel and represent seven ‘epochs’ of world powers (ultimately not flesh and blood, but principalities, powers, world-rulers of this darkness, the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places, Ephesians 6:12) which have ever warred down through history with the Heavenly Born of the Woman of Genesis 3:15 and Revelation 12.....Egypt was the first of the 7, followed in order by Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, and the Germanic tribes. Each is represented by a head, a mountain, a king....."
    Spiritual Interpretation pt5.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe it will be a type of false Christianity. Satan is the master deceiver He want's the people to worship him as God. So he will attempt to copy Christ, because Christ is Lord.
    MB

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You look at this from a historical viewpoint. Therefore you believe the beast(s), whether those in Revelation 13, the one in Revelation 17 or Daniel's 4th beast are Roman in some way? Correct?
    Thanks for your reply bro.

• Like Like x 1
  7. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nearly every government on earth is, or has been, "anti-Christian." The U.S. is certainly headed in that way. IF 'false religion' allies itself with the 'state,' what 'state' is that? A one world government? And IF false religion allies itself with 'the state,' are you saying EVERY false religion on earth somehow UNITES to do this?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    [EDIT] Yes, sir, I do take a historical view. However, I think this was apostate Israel's priesthood when they aligned with the Romans. Hope that makes sense.
    I will also agree that, in today's times, the "religion of the Beast" could easily fit both New Age / universalist teachings. Anything that tries to replace the true Christian teachings is of the Devil.

#8 Lodic, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  9. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Seven heads on the beast of Rev. 13 & 17, correct? Those are the same empires of Daniel 7's four beast? Is That what you're saying?

10. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Keith Green came to Christ when he noticed that every religion he investigated claimed Jesus as their own in some way. Carl Sagan replaced Jesus with the Cosmos. Seems some physicists once predicted a triune Omega Point when the Universe would reverse and deliver itself. Soviet Communism replaced Jesus with Lenin. No doubt there are many other parallels.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you read the linked post? It's actually a Historicist view.

12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why false Christianity? What is false Christianity? And how would 'false Christianity' mobilize and unite, acquire a false prophet, and become the evil depicted in scripture in the last days? The evils we read about these end-time beast is horrific. Do you really think these 'false Christians' or 'churches' would commit the end-time atrocities we read in scripture?

14. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I should clarify my views a bit, since we are looking at Revelation 13 and 17. These are just my personal views, and I could very easily be mistaken. In Rev 13:15, everyone who did not worship the image of the Beast was killed. I personally believe this fits in with emperor worship. The "image of the Beast" may have been a representative of the Beast (Rome / Nero), or something that represented Rome's authority, like a decree or something.

Rev 17 is all about the Great Harlot, which I believe was apostate Israel. During this time, the priests had aligned with Rome. I don't want to go into too much detail, as it would become a rabbit trail, and the topic is about the religion of the Beast.

15. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I browsed it. You base your beliefs on the Revelation being dated back in 60-65 AD. Have you ever read what Irenaeus said about Revelation being written at the END of Domitian's reign? I can post it if you like. You also base your view in "THIS GENERATION" being the generation Jesus is speaking to. The grammar in Mathew 24:33-34 suggest it's NOT the generation of Jesus' time, but the generation that SEES the events pass. However, I realize that Christians don't like changing their mind and I don't expect anyone here who believes in the Preterist, Partial Preterist, or Historical view would ever do so. Lodic seems to be a bit open minded on the issue.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are too kind, Brother. All I know for sure is that I won't really know for sure until He comes :). Until then, I'll go with my views, but I don't worry about it if someone has a different view. (Unless it's a point of your salvation, such as works vs grace, of course.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus once presented the situation as two options, to serve God or to serve Mamon, the latter generally understood to be worldly wealth. Lately, I hear China has implemented a system that alternately rewards or penalizes citizens based on purchasing choices, all tracked through smart gadgets via AI.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The religion of the beast covers most every aspect of all the beast because, "And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed."

The harlot is said to 'sit upon' the beast. SIT UPON means to occupy indicating that whatever or whoever she is, DOMINATES this beast. Also, she is better know as or represents "Babylon the Great," which simply means A LARGE FALSE RELIGION.

Nero had a statue of himself erected in Rome but NOT in Jerusalem. He tried but failed, the Jews prevented it. He also died in 68AD which in my view isn't any one of Revelation's beast.

19. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't worry about it either. However, there are less than 10 verse in the OT that predict the Lord's first advent, but over 200 that predict his second advent indicating that God found it necessary to inform us about the most troublous times earth would ever endure. Not to mention a time when it would be the most populated.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure we agree that the beast of Rev 13:12 is also known as the False Prophet. I personally view the FP as Apostate Israel, who had joined with Rome. Admittedly, I'm not quite sure about the signs that he does in verse 13.

The harlot (Apostate Israel, in my view) "sits" in an exotic way upon the Beast. To me, this fits, because she is described as a harlot. The language implies a sexual union - "in bed with the Beast", to use today's vernacular. I believe the Beast of the Sea was Rome, represented in part by Nero (666). In Rev 13:12 and following, we have a reference to the beast who had recovered from a fatal wound. This fatal wound was Nero's suicide, which nearly killed the Roman empire. Then we had "the year of 4 emperors", and finally Vespasian became emperor. Vespasian kept the Roman empire together after it nearly fell apart from civil war. Long story short, I don't really see a false religion in these passages. Rather, I see the history of the Jewish War.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.