1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is wrong with calling it the Chinese Virus

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Nov 23, 2021.

1. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wrong question. This goes way beyond being merely abrasive. This is about an utterly murderous regime.

Why shouldn't the world forever memorialize this utterly despicable attack on it by the Communist Chinese regime who thereby murdered millions?

The correct answer is that the world should never forget just how evil the Communist Chinese regime is, or God willing, was.

Calling it the Communist Chinese virus is the right thing to do.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was just thinking today - President Trump was one of the first people (if not the first) to use the term "Chinese Virus"
    and since the PC media and critics love to hate Trump --- then calling it the Chinese Virus - must be wrong.

Not a doubt in my military mind - if Candidate Joe Biden had first used the term Chinese virus - then it would have
    been acceptable.

Just Added:

"Asked by a reporter why he (Trump) ) continues to use a phrase that some consider to be racist, the president defended his terminology"

"Because it comes from China," Mr. Trump said. "It's not racist at all. It comes from China, that's why. I want to be accurate."

The White House also noted that similar names for illnesses have used in the past. "Spanish Flu. West Nile Virus. Zika. Ebola. All named for places. Before the media's fake outrage, even CNN called it 'Chinese Coronavirus.' Those trying to divide us must stop rooting for America to fail and give Americans real info they need to get through the crisis," the White House said in a tweet.

#22 Salty, Nov 24, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure. If the Dems had thought it in their best interests, they might have even initiated it, making it OK. However, Biden and the Dems in general are in bed with the Communist Chinese. So that “if” was never going to happen. Their interests lie the other way.

4. Two Wings

Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    and herein is part of the challenge.

always in a position of having to redirect what the unholy have declared. And because it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter Heaven ... the numbers reveal a tsunami of unholiness.

it's part of being in this world but not OF it, methinks. What's critical for the "joint heirs with Christ" is to avoid adopting the victim mentality. We're not victims ... we're victors because of the blood of The Lamb and His matchless grace.

and believe you me ... my one finger pointing at you, reader, has 3 pointing back at ... ME. So know you're not alone in this struggle.

• Like Like x 1
  5. obadiahrobinson

obadiahrobinson New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    commies are RED as in RED STATES, Democrats are Blue as in TRUE BLUE

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you consider that God has ordained this virus. There is no good reason to be so utterly petty by calling the virus after something you hate.
    Second, China is growing in Christ at levels faster than the early church. God has used the evil of communism to bring faith to millions in China, despite Satan's attempts to stop God's Kingdom from growing.
    Quit being so very petty.

7. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a gross perversion of what God's Word says. It is just that sort of warped thinking that lies behind much of the perversion seen in society today and in Bible interpretation—like putting murderers back on the street to do it again or arguing that Judas was a hero for betraying Christ.

What the Communist Chinese regime did in perpetrating COVID-19 on the world was monstrous. Sure, God will use it for his purposes, and we should not decry that.

But God does not call evil "good" or good "evil." Just because God is able to use both for his purposes, it does not follow that God is the author of evil. It is right to identify evil as such. And the petty ad hominem of your post will not change that.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ask Joe. You respect him.

9. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you get offended when someone calls Joe Brandon.
    You are like everyone else on here. You pick and choose what offends you.

10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is the phrase is a minced oath. You'd be the first to report the use of the actual wording.

11. Two Wings

Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes ... we should distinguish between the Chinese people/culture ... and the CCP. The latter is an agent of Satan and deserves no quarter; which would include consideration in assigning an identity to this virus/disease.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What specifically makes you think that I respect Joe (and Just to ensure no confusion- which Joe).

When did I say that I am offended about Brandon?

and most everyone picks and chooses what they think offends them.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Salty Are you considering changing your designation to the "South African Virus"?

14. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you not aware that Donald Trump is a classic narcissist? He will say and do anything that can get people to follow him. He picked the Republican Party because he knew he could manipulate the voting block. Give a few carrots and they follow him. Not only narcissistic, but also pure Machiavellian.
    If Donald Trump coined the term, you should openly ignore it. This virus is a corona virus known as Covid-19. Purposely calling it by a large area of the world is foolish. However, perhaps we should call the prosperity gospel the "USA Virus." This insistence on a region is really coming from an evil man and a prideful heart. I reject the name as having any merit in society.

15. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    To @Reynolds, Joe Biden is standing President of the United States, placed in that position by ordination of God. When Donald Trump was President, he was given respect due to his position. Now that he is removed, we may express dislike for a classic narcissist. The term "Brandon" is a demeaning and disrespectful term for a standing President. Have some respect while Joe Biden is in office.

16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said God calls evil good. God never calls sinful man...good. God does use evil man to accomplish His perfect will.
    Habakkuk 1:5-11
    The Lord’s Reply The Lord replied, “Look around at the nations; look and be amazed! For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn’t believe even if someone told you about it. I am raising up the Babylonians, a cruel and violent people. They will march across the world and conquer other lands. They are notorious for their cruelty and do whatever they like. Their horses are swifter than cheetahs and fiercer than wolves at dusk. Their charioteers charge from far away. Like eagles, they swoop down to devour their prey. “On they come, all bent on violence. Their hordes advance like a desert wind, sweeping captives ahead of them like sand. They scoff at kings and princes and scorn all their fortresses. They simply pile ramps of earth against their walls and capture them! They sweep past like the wind and are gone. But they are deeply guilty, for their own strength is their god.”

Covid-19 has been released to this world by ordination of God.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Irrelevant to the virus. It's called Covid-19. Let us not add to the political foolishness of others by using a racist term for the virus. President Trump was wrong to use that phrase. He did so for political reasons as a deflection from his own failings.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There should be no doubt about this fact by any of God's elect who have learned and understand the absolute sovereignty of God.

Isaish 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done,
    Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,’

God is sovereign...all the time.

20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1- the term used by Trump is NOT racist - we were told it was - so people just believed it!
    2- were you as concerned about Kyle be called a white supremacist and all the other misinformation that the media put out?

• Like Like x 1