1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Side Of The Fence Are You?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by kyredneck, Dec 27, 2009.

?
  1. Synergism

26 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. Monergism

47 vote(s)
    64.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Given only two options, how would you have worded it?

2. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Well said my friend

3. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How would you have worded it? (as concisely as possible)

4. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

I have no problem with the choice of words as I understand the intent. My response to Franklinmonroe was more in regard to his concise summary of the differences. I think he did a good job summarizing the differences.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why only two options?

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I halfway expected you would say that. I'll rephrase. Word the poll the way you think it should have been that includes all views.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That would depend on what doctrine you are talking about. Regeneration? Justification? It is just worded "what doctrine do you believe". Salvation is monergistic, as we do not earn it nor work together with God for it and everything needed has been completed by God for it...yet He clearly requires faith from us for it, which is synergistic. In the big picture it is clearly a combination of both. You could have added a "both" or "other" answer to your poll and I would have voted for that, or been more specific on the topics and had numerous polls.

8. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Yes, I am sure there are many on here, like me, who would have voted for "both." As it stands I can't vote because I see both as being taught in God's word. Call it a contradiction all you want but I am perfectly comfortable with the contradiction. As I see it, I didn't create the contradiction, God did. If He's OK with it then I'm OK with it too. My train travels on two rails rather than the monorail of Calvinism.

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

What side of the fence are you on?

I vote for "synergism".

Here is a text I found in Proverbs 1:
    22How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

23Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

24Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

25But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

26I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

27When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

28Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

In verse 24, the LORD states He called and they would not answer. In verse 27, God shows them what will happen because of them not listening to them. When God "calls", it's up to us to answer.

i am I ams!!

Willis

#329 convicted1, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
  10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

What side of the fence are you on?

Here's another scripture that I think goes along with synergism.

Revelation 3:20
    Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

i am I ams!!

Willis

ps Here's a nutter :) one

Revelation 22:17
    And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

The Spirit and the bride say "Come", so we have to "come" to take the water of life freely.

#330 convicted1, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.