1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Will/Should Become of the #NeverTrumpers

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now that the [HASHTAG]#NeverTrump[/HASHTAG] movement is irrelevant I believe we need a new title to identify, define and distinguish them from the conservatives which are part of the new movement which elected Trump.

It is apparent “they” (those adamantly against supporting conservative values as long as they are not 100% satisfied with the qualities of the POTUS) now need a new title to define their new movement which continues to claim themselves as conservatives but are “never” going to support any viable action promoting those values.

IOW’s: Now that their movement to hinder the only viable opposition to Hillary Clinton has failed it seems many will continue on their path and conform their attack toward the New Republican Administration as they pretend to hold to conservative values but while they go about parroting the daily liberal spin and supporting their new path of an obstructionist agenda.

Since the [HASHTAG]#NeverTrumpers[/HASHTAG] are not for “us” (the “conservative movement” being they are more than happy to deny Trump is even conservative even in light of his SCOTUS picks, abortion stance, cabinet picks, stances on immigration, environment, taxes, etc., etc.) but rather are actively against us it shouldn’t be that difficult to conclude that we should disown them as they have disowned us.

…Well, I could go on and on about how we didn’t need them to stop the undeniable devastation a Hillary Clinton administration would have brought upon our country and conservative values and how that makes their “movement” insignificant. But that is all a given and rather unimportant right now. It is what it is.

I’m just wondering what those who claim not to be liberals, yet who don’t take viable action to uphold conservative values, who constantly parrot liberal media spin while attacking the newly formed Republican Party and its Commander in Chief, and are now obviously jumping on the path of supporting the obstructionist agenda of the Leftist should be calling their movement now?

Now, some of the [HASHTAG]#ExNeverTrumpers[/HASHTAG] have basically admitted that they are happy to be “insignificant” while going about to continue whining and crying with the liberals who lost the last election. Example: “I'm more than happy to be an "insignificant bystander...”

For that person I have suggested the [HASHTAG]#InsignificantBystanderParty[/HASHTAG], but I’m sure we all could heads together and come up something better than that. I mean, for one, “insignificant” doesn’t really take into account the annoyances of their unmistakable alliances with the Liberal Media Spin while claiming to be conservative but obviously holding hands with the Obstructionist and walking side by side on the paths with the Progressive Liberal agenda which new sole purposes in life are out to cause as much division as possible over the issues facing our country.

So, (1) Do the [HASHTAG]#NeverTrumpers[/HASHTAG] need a new title? And (2) If so, what should it be?

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Benjamin you seem mad still. I suppose your other thread was frustrating. Nevertrumpers, so irrelevant, so insignificant yet here you are again because you simply can't stand it. It's literally all you ever talk about and they enjoy living rent free in your head.

Oh, and as for what should be done with Nevertrumpers? There isn't anything you can or will do to me I assure you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, not mad at all, just trying to help the [HASHTAG]#NeverTrumpies[/HASHTAG] deal with the dilemma of their old title now being irrelevant.

Not sure why you think any argument you or your ilk have made could frustrate me, but no.

Just stating the facts and you being here whining about it seems to me that you can't stand "it" (the facts). Frankly, I couldn't be happier that the [HASHTAG]#NeverTrump[/HASHTAG] movement was insignificant and has become irrelevant! :)

Let's not make this personal Use of Time, I'm not even sure why you'd take offense to me trying to help the [HASHTAG]#NeverTrupmpers[/HASHTAG] come up with a new title. I'm sorry you feel this some kind of threat to you but I assure that's all in "your head".

Perhaps your title becoming irrelevant is what you perceive as a threat but I think it better you face the music, don't you?

#3 Benjamin, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was it the number of thread tags that gave it away? *laugh*

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. No
    2. The Vanguard of Liberty

• Like Like x 3
  6. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must be a poor steward of your time to waste so much of it on the irrelevant.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Benjamin I appreciate the effort you put in to proving me right about hard core Trump supporters, as I'm sure it is hard to treat those you disagree with with so much kindness. But I want you to know your kindness of proving my point has not gone unnoticed. Thank you for that. From telling the whole forum that Trump is as reliable as the Huff post talking about Aliens, to calling for the tar and feathering of those who did not get on the train, to your making it clear that the only thing that matters to you is being on the winning side of elections you have been a wealth of examples of why I Trump supporters are one of biggest draw back to supporting him. So to thank you for all the kindness you have shown me I will proudly wear your label along with being [HASHTAG]#nevertrump[/HASHTAG] as I would rather be insignificant in this world than be unfaithful to my moral convictions and principles.
    [HASHTAG]#insignificantbystander[/HASHTAG]
    [HASHTAG]#nevertrump[/HASHTAG].

Merry Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#7 blessedwife318, Dec 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a rather telling sign of insecurity that on 22 DEC 16 he is still rattled by the fact that not everyone is enthusiastic about our choice for President. It's going to be a long four years for his mental health if he can't accept that one simple truth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if he has realized yet that, as invested in Trump as he has made himself to be on this site, he is a prime target when the "I told you sos" start rolling.

*laugh*

10. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump supporters will never acknowledge it. Hence the redefining of Drain the Swamp.

"No no guys, we all totally wanted rehashed GOP all-stars and wall street kingpins"

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It appears all you (and others) got is personal attacks? (Granted, maybe I'll have to credit for a few off topic smokecreeens along the way.) You know where that leaves you, don't you??

But, I guess I'm going have to ignore that kind of argument as being as "insignificant" as your movement was then and will see if I can't bring it back to the topic and off me:

"Now that the #NeverTrump movement is irrelevant I believe we need a new title to identify, define and distinguish them from the conservatives which are part of the new movement which elected Trump.

I’m just wondering what those who claim not to be liberals, yet who don’t take viable action to uphold conservative values, who constantly parrot liberal media spin while attacking the newly formed Republican Party and its Commander in Chief, and are now obviously jumping on the path of supporting the obstructionist agenda of the Leftist should be calling their movement now?

So, (1) Do the #NeverTrumpers need a new title? And (2) If so, what should it be?"

12. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personal attacks? Spare me. Just because you coyly try to shroud your personal attacks in the guise of a sarcastic question (you know, like this entire thread) doesn't make you above them. This thread is nothing more than an attempt to irritate others on this board. Then you have the gall to try and lecture others on Christian values.

But this is Trump's America now so you'll go on simply reinforcing the point of those like Blessedwife and then cry about personal attacks when someone returns the volley.

Since we are living in Trump's America now I suggest you suck it up buttercup...or do you need a safespace or something?

To answer your questions (1) No (2) Americans. Asked and answered. Thread can close now.

#12 Use of Time, Dec 22, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try to recognize the difference between addressing the argument and the person, eh?

[​IMG]

If you don't want to be part of the debate I'll understand...Your opinion that positions in opposition to yours should be shut down has been noted but there is no safe zone for you here so move on if you must.

Now, where were we:

"Now that the #NeverTrump movement is irrelevant I believe we need a new title to identify, define and distinguish them from the conservatives which are part of the new movement which elected Trump.

So, (1) Do the #NeverTrumpers need a new title? And (2) If so, what should it be?"

14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd address the argument but you don't have one. I'd address the debate but one isn't happening here. You simply want a smarmy way to label those who don't share your opinion about Trump. You could at least be honest about it. You won't, but it would be nice.

#14 Use of Time, Dec 22, 2016
  15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably one of the most childish threads I have seen on this board.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you would like to address my reasoning behind my argument, you know, give your view in opposition to the idea that the [HASHTAG]#NeverTrump[/HASHTAG] title is now irrelevant (since obviously it is Trump) and is in need of a new title (which would be more fitting) rather than just jumping in and calling the thread "childish"? ...which, frankly, I find to be a rather "childish" ;) way to enter a debate.

17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What title did you have for those who were [HASHTAG]#neverobama[/HASHTAG] or [HASHTAG]#neverhillary[/HASHTAG]? This childish title business is nothing more than a childish attempt to marginalize those with whom you disagree. Why can't you just address the concerns of those with whom you disagree with based on fact and get past these immature games.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, one of my concerns is that there is still a separation between those who are on the path of supporting conservative values under the guidance of the new administration and those who have opposed this administration from the beginning and continue to do so. I believe that separation of positions, which used to be defined by the self-given label of the [HASHTAG]#NeverTrump[/HASHTAG] movement is now irrelevant so those who are still on the agenda that I've spelled out in the Op need a new title that is more fitting it light of that "Never" no longer applies to Trump.

So if you want to be part of this debate why don't you get past your "immature games" of attacking the motive and start addressing the issues that I've brought up for debate rather than crying about it being nothing more than a "childish title business".

I mean seriously, is this a debate board or is it like one of those "safe zones" where if you don't like someone else's opinion you whine about them making it and start calling names and begin on personal attacks?

19. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You've had people answer your question already so I guess you are going to keep on until you find somebody that simply says what you want to hear. So i conclude you don't wish for a debate but an echo chamber. It's all quite obvious.

20. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I have learned anything from this thread, it is that Baptistsymposium must be too quiet these days.

*laugh*