1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where did you go to college?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by mark, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robea

Robea New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boyce College A.A. Adult Education
    Ambrose University BA Religion (Christian Studies)
    Briefest Seminary MA Leadership & Managemwnt in Organizational Laeadership

2. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bergen Community College A.A. Liberal Arts
    Monmouth College, (no degree) Computer Science
    New Jersey Institute of Technology, B.Arch.

3. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Black Hawk Community College, A.A.S. Electronics (x3), Certificate Machine Tool Operations.

That's not far from me.:)

4. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Liberty University B.S. Religion - Biblical Studies

5. melchizedeck

melchizedeck Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who pays for a phD?

6. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Awesome Dr Bob! Went to Johnson University used to be Bible College but only spent three semesters!

7. alexander284

alexander284 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My education was entirely secular:

Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from UCLA,

Master's Degree in Human Resources and Organizational Management from the University of San Francisco.

8. Frank Hartmann

Frank Hartmann New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A.A.S. - Electronics Technology - Boise State University
    B.A.S. - Computer Science - Boise State University
    M.Div. - Biblical Languages - Liberty University School of Divinity

9. PhillipA

PhillipA New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A.S in Printing, WV Tech (now WVU Tech)
    A.A. Church Growth, Fruitland Bible Inst.
    B.A. Social Science, Gardner-Webb College
    M.DIV, Newburgh Seminary

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very good, school of Dr Charles Stanley?

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Both Greek and Hebrew?

12. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Cert H.E. Theology University of London

13. Paul from Antioch

Paul from Antioch Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

• Like Like x 1
  14. Paul from Antioch

Faith:
    Baptist
    I might add my USAF/TN ANG tech schools Aircraft Electrician (1964 - 1965); Management for Working Leaders (1968); Avionics Guidance & Control Systems (1989); NCO Academy [Correspondence] (1999). Also to maintain my teaching certification I took a video course from Liberty Univ. And have taken (for CEUs) 3 courses from Moody BI) + a Diploma from the Madison (GA) Discipleship School in 2016. Due to work obligations at BellSouth/AT&T Telecommunications. My required vendor classes to maintain my position as an Electronic Tech are way too numerous to include here. (This was one reason for having to drop out od my Cleveland Electronic Inst's course.) Currently, I'm also taking a not-for-credit course from Source of Light Ministries' (The SofL sponsors the Mad Dic School.) + from 1969-1972 I completed several not-for-college-credit at Faith Baptist Church's (Sellersville PA)Bible Institute. When I finish my course @ the SofL's Ezra Institute, I'm toying with taking some distant educ courses from Regent Univ, but that's just a desire & not a graved-in-stone desire. I may also take the FCC test for its Amateur Radio ("Ham') license. BTW, if anyone wants to have a general knowledge of the Bible & related subjects, and can't afford college tuitition rates, you might want to visit www.sofl.org which offers courses for the whole family + a wealth of other educ opportunies.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul,
    Thanks for the invo

16. Chad Whiteley

Chad Whiteley Member

BS, Business, Colorado Christian University
    MA, Theological Studies, Liberty University
    PhD, Leadership, Carolina University

Currently enrolled at Frostburg State University working towards a Master's in Computer Science. Due to personal issues, I'm now a computer science teacher instead of a pastor, and I'm looking to deepen my knowledge in that field.

17. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lexington Baptist College,
    Lexington, Ky.

18. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, brother. Long time since I have heard from you. Good to notice you posting here.

19. Chad Whiteley

Chad Whiteley Member

Yes, I've been busy until now working on my teacher certification and finishing research. I do read some of the posts here, but I've been lurking instead of posting.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Paul from Antioch

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread appears to still be open; if not Bro/Sis BB Administrator(s), please do as you wish. Here goes. Bro. Alan Gross mentioned that he was a student of Lexington (KY) Baptist College. My 1976 BA came from an offshoot of LBC: Clarksville (TN) Baptist College. I don't know all the minute details of CBC's original ties to LBC, but Pastor Elton Wilson, Founder of CBC, did employ at least 3 LBC graduates for CBC's faculty. Two were Bro. Demas Brubacher & Bob Jones (Not the BJ of BJU.) Both were instrumental in creation of CBC + CBC's Dean, Wallace York also played a part in CBC's creation. Both DB & BJ were more or less "Faculty Heads," & BJ served as CBC's Registrar until he assumed the pastorate of Bible Baptist Church upon Pastor Elton's retirement. I enjoyed the info from all 3 of these men as an incoming freshman, each has his own style of teaching, but Dean York's manner of life meant the most to me. In fact Bro York's son Herschel (sp ?) was (I think) pastor of LBC's sponsoring church, Ashland Ave BC. Bro DB was the one who urged me to go on to pursue my postgrad studies at Austin Peay State Univ (also located in Clarksville). He'd done some postgrad work at APSU, & even though APSU was not a "Christian" college as such, most of my MA profs were at least more conservative in their teachings. Unfortunately neither LBC or CBC are no longer in existence. Pastor H York led the way to urge potential students to go to Boyce Univ, but in CBC's case, most potential Bible college students did not have another Christian Bible college nearby to attend. Finances + an overall lack of support eventually led to CBC's demise in the 1980s. To me, it was a shame, but then even the much larger & more well-known TN Temple Univ in Chattanooga had to close its doors in recent years, and that sorrowfully the demise of several other Christian colleges and/or Seminaries have had to either merge with or ID with other "non-Christian" colleges. Calvary Baptist Seminary in Lansdale PA closed her doors & Baptist Bible College in Clarks Summit PA re-named its school to Clarks Summit Univ (Don't know if BBC/CS had any material change in its curricular, but it seems at least to have "broadened" its outreach somewhat.) And all this seems to indicate that overall in the US there is a decline in young folks' desire to attend a "Bible" college. Why, I'm not sure, but then this does seem to indicate (to me at least) a general disinterest in attaining a "Bible" college education among potential college-minded young folks. Even in Nashville itself, the role of a local-church-sponsored BC has declined considerably from what it was some 10-20 years ago. Didn't mean to get off track in my comments, & if the BB "Powers That Be" determine if maybe I should start a new thread addressing my concerns, I'll yield to their decision. I do want to thank ALL of BB's Administrators for what they do. I'm sure it's not an easy task for them to "ride herd" over people like I am! My excuse for commenting on already-closed threads was a mistake on my part & I plead "Guilty as Charged." I'm glad for the thankless job they've tackled & I think all of us BBoarders' should take time to honor the job that these people do....So, "Thanks to ALL of our BB Administrators!!" only eternity will reveal how much they've done to maintain "our" BB!!!:Thumbsdown:Thumbsdown:Thumbsdown

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.