1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Which Countries Are Our True Allies?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Feb 4, 2014.

1. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No need to threaten me. I just asked you a question.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It was not a threat. You are going to account for every word from now on. All you and your friend have to do is stay away from me. It is that simple.

3. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said, all I did was to ask you a question. What part of the question did you find so offensive and difficult to answer?

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your subjectivity is very evident.

These are some of your observations that are less than objective:"How can the states of our own creation,Japan and South Korea by [sic] our allies?"
    That rates at least two demerits for you.

You also said:"We fought a war with Spain (1898-2001)." Psst...in started and ended in 1898. How many demerits does that deserve?
    You are just being hateful in the above.
    More hate coming from your keystrokes. And why do you regularly lie about me? If you feel slighted by a judgment call --that you were not objective in a previous post -- deal with specifics --don't lash out with cruel remarks that only serve to demonstate your childishness.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Specifics are not in your vocabulary. For example, you never come to the political section except for the intent of derailing a thread I either started or participate in. You have no interest in American politics or history, only in disrupting a thread, which is why every post like this one is getting reported.

As a specific example, I started this thread to get opinions of who our true allies are. (by that I mean American citizens). The serious poster would have said this or that country, and stated why they believed a certain country was an ally. What did you do? Instead of giving an opinion as to why a country is or is not our ally, you come in here and rip apart my thought processes and call names like "without merit" or "not objective." Instead of backing up the countries you claim are American allies, or saying why my list is not, you question my ability to form an opinion. Your mission is not to contribute, but to divide and destroy.

The specific truth is, you have no right to talk about anyone's "cruel remarks." The names you have called, the motives you have implied, and the characters you have demeaned disqualified you from that position years ago.

Why do you even bother to visit this nation? I am so sick of your remarks about our history, our war efforts, our colorizations, our form of government, the people we elect, and any other aspect of the United States. Yet, you turn right around and defend a country like South Korea as an ally. If it were not for the United States military, tax dollars, and American technology, the pint sized chunk of land called South Korea would be a county of North Korea. How can a country that does nothing but drain ours contribute anything to being an ally?

Quite specifically, you again use the Philippines and its history to bash the United States. The subject of the op was who would make a good ally. The title was not a list of nations the United States has mistreated. Your facts about the history of the nation were totally misstated to give you a forum to bash the USA to get under my skin. Your first error is that the United States was not the main nation that colonized the country, Spain was. As a result of the Spanish-American War, control of the Philippines was given to the US in 1898. An insurgent Philippine rebel movement fought the USA until 1902 when the conflict ended. Commonwealth status was granted in 1935, with an intent towards independence. American military establishments and tax dollars ran the economy. Then came WW2. The Japanese, another one of your countries you think would make a good ally, occupied several of the islands. Thousands of American lives were lost liberating those islands. After the war, the Philippines was granted independence in 1946. America kept some major bases in the Philippines such as Clark. American money continued to pour into the economy. From the late 80s to the early 90s, protests lead to the removal of American bases and President Marcos. So now, with that history, tell me how two of your claims are true. One is how the USA mistreated them, and two, how they would make a good ally. Once again, how can a nation be a good ally when all they did was drain the US Treasury. Today, there is only temporary US presence in the nation. Relations are shaky at best.

You never did explain how Japan would be a good ally. Their military is limited by treaty, as it should be. They attacked the United States without provocation. Pearl Harbor killed thousands. How many Americans died winning that war? How much money did we spend rebuilding that economy and infrastructure? The figure should have been zero. The only area that more money should have been spent on was production of enough atomic bombs to take out Tokyo and other Japanese cities. After that, we should not have spent one penny to rebuild the nation. So, in essence, this nation is exactly like South Korea and the Philippines, an American taxpayer creation.

Really, surprised you did not say Vietnam was a good ally.

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're lying Michael. What did I tell you about lying? It's not good for a professing Christian --even worse for a church officier which you claim to be.
    That's another bold lie Mike. You are so brazen in your prevarications.

Our allies are not American citizens. LOL!
    How dare I differ with you Mike! It's a high crime for me to take a different stance than you. ;-) But you let yourself open when you said the Spanish/American War lasted for more than a century. Come on now.

Now wait just a minute. Earlier you told a whopping fib that I never participate in political threads --now you say I have commented on all the above. Which is it? You contradict yourself at every turn Michael.

What in the world are "colorizations" anyway?

For your information I have started nine threads in the Political or News and Current Events forums since 1/12/08. I have participated in many more that I did not start.

I am an American citizen and have the perfect right to comment on anything pertaining to America despite what some guy named Mike in Ky. says.
    Yes,it's an ally. If you differ with that then you are at odds with the State Department among other things. And we usually don't have joint drills with enemies. :)

My "bashing" as you so quaintly put it, --was the treatment that Teddy Roosevelt & Co. did in the latter 19th and early 20th century era. If you want to whitewash things then go right ahead and try.
    And you think our actions were perfectly acceptable depite upwards of 200,000 citizens of the Philippians dying in the so-called Philippine Insurrection? It was their country. Good, the Spanish were kicked out with our help. But the citizens of that country were given no choice when we defeated Spain. Put your feet in their shoes at that time and see how you would have felt. --Liberated from Spain --now another occupier to take its place.
    It has been an ally for almost 70 years. How long will you nurse a grudge? Are you willing to forgive the Brits for their actions against us in the Revolution and War of 1812? Come on. Have some perspective. Japan is a strong ally and to say otherwise is foolish.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________

In future discussions with me and others I want you to stop breaking the 9th commandment. You constantly lie about me and it is a bad testimony. You need to deal with specifics of what someone says --don't invent slanderous things to stir things up.

These verses would be helpful for you to put into practice:

"There are six things the Lord hates,
    seven that are detestable to him:
    haughty eyes,
    a lying tongue,hands that shed innocent blood,
    a heart that devises wicked schemes,
    feet that are quick to rush into evil,
    a false witness who pours out lies
    and a person who stirs up conflict in the community." (Pro. 6:16-19)

"A false witness will not go unpunished,
    and whoever pours out lies will not go free." (Pro.19:9)

#26 Rippon, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
  7. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Without merit" and "not objective" is name calling???

He didn't question your opinion. He questioned your declarations.

So, are you consistent about this? Have the names you've called, the motives you've implied, and the characters you've demeaned disqualified you? Or does the disqualification only apply to others and not you?

You mean the South Korea we're bound by treaty to defend and with whom we not very long ago conducted war games?

I must have missed that post. When, specifically, did he "bash the United States"?

Just so we're all on the same page, where, exactly, did he say the US was the first to colonize the Philippines?

Thank you, Wikipedia.

Why should it be?

Seven?

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If you two could ever find the time, I would really like to meet both of you eye to eye so we can "discuss" some of these issues.

9. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not discuss them now?

Interesting, why do you specify "eye to eye"? And why put "discuss" in quotation marks?

I think a lot of people would consider that a veiled threat.

But here's your chance to show us that you're a thoughtful individual and not just an internet tough guy. If you think you're up to it, how about discussing it here and now?

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The reason I put discuss in quotes is that we have not discussed anything civilly yet. Do you not see the problem. You interpreted the intent of the post wrong. If you saw me physically, I do not think you would be very worried. Anyway, it would not take much to take out someone with a six way heart bypass.

I think the fact you took the post wrong points out 90% of our problem. Between you and Rippon, I have much more hope of coming to an understanding with you.

Oh, and by the way, I did not send you a nasty PM the other day.

#30 saturneptune, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
  11. Squidward

Squidward Member

Anymore, probably UK, Germany, Canada, Japan, South Korea and a lot of eastern Europe. eastern Europe and Japan and Korea mainly because their safety depends on our own well-being. Germany because of economic reasons and Russia is an old enemy for them.

12. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's certainly not been for lack of trying. Need I remind you of your behavior in the Paul Washer thread?

So, if you just want to discuss it civilly, why can't you do that here?

Are you sure about that? Would you like for me to quote some of your previous posts?

Good luck with that. Because everytime I try to talk to you, you just start crying about how I'm being mean to you and how you're going to use the report feature to punish me.

Actually, you sent me two.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No, I want all past posts forgotten both ways. One thing you can do for me, and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, please check who sent you those PMs. As honestly as I can tell you, the last one I did not send. Please check. That is all I ask.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I think you may have a point. I have been arguing with others how can someone be an ally that totally depends on the USA. I may need to rethink that one. I do think one of the groups that we fail to mention the most is the former Eastern European countries, like Poland and Hungry.

15. Squidward

Squidward Member

Once much of the eastern Block was detached from Russia they rallied around the US. Eastern Europe does not have the hatred for us that western Europe does.

16. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw who sent them. It was you under one of your sock accounts.

Isn't it funny how you and your sock always show up at exactly the same time, even after not posting for days?

I checked. It's still you. It's still reported.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

In times of crisis for the USA, an ally has to be able to hold their own AND help us. I do believe Germany has a strong economy and could do so. South Korea and Japan have strong economies, but are so dependent on the USA. South Korea is superior to North Korea both militarily and economically, but still dependent on the USA. Yes, they probably would wipe the North off the map if they invaded, but with our help. What I am getting at is what nations can hold their own and aid us in time of crisis. I am sure the intent of the Japanese and South Koreans is to ally with us, but could they help us if things got so bad we needed help?

As far as Russia and China go, I do not trust either, especially Russia. Some of the former Soviet states, like Bellarus, Ukraine, and Georgia would make wonderful allies, as does Poland.

18. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, first you say that Japan's military should be restricted, but then you turn around and demean them for their lack of ability to defend themselves militarily?

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have rethought that statement. It has been 70 years since the end of WW2. I think Japan gets the idea that WW2 was a bad idea. How long can we limit military power of a nation that is now a democracy, has a good economy, and respects its citizens. I think our main concern with Japan now is nuclear weapons. Probably it would be best for this nation to lift the limits on their military, as in a way, it would make them better allies. It would make them more self reliant, and they would be much better equipped to come to our aid in time of true need. In addition, Japan is well positioned to help us with North Korea or China. North Korea will always be a threat. China, although not as much of an enemy as several decades ago, still is not as trustworthy as say Japan. China does have a vibrant economy, and does finance a lot of our debt, but they still are not thrilled with close ties to the USA. Fifty years ago one could not even travel to Red China, but can now. I believe that opening by Nixon and Kissinger in 1972 changed the dynamics of the whole region. I hope one day China becomes a close friend, because Russia is not to be trusted.

20. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I noticed that you never answered my question when I asked you to back it up.