1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Which Countries Are Our True Allies?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you referencing the large number of Filipinos in the Middle East? That's what Pinoy was talking about at the end of his post.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes and also the need to get out and spread their wings mentally, physically and spiritually. I'm fairly certain that Catholism (while still a substantial faith for many Filipinos) has also run its cource with many as well. My question is are they (mostly young Filipinos) flirting with Islam.....to a higher degree than normal?

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the better word is "exploit".
    :smilewinkgrin:

Most Filipinos who went to the ME as RC's became Muslims because it was advantageous to them, then when they knew they will no longer renew their contracts reverted back to some form of Christianity, not necessarily RC.
    of these, there were a few who were true converts to Islam.

My brother-in-law for one did that.
    My daughter ?
    I know her.
    She'd rather have her head cut off.

4. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The answer to that is "no".
    Most older generation (over 35) Filipinos are rabidly Catholic (if you know what I mean).
    Being one is a sense of pride to them.
    some kind of national identity.
    But because like modern "Christianity" the younger and later generations have been BORN INTO Roman Catholicism, they're willing to 'play around' with it if it serves their purpose.
    sad, isn't it ?
    not that I care for Roman Catholicism, but there is a sense where the younger generation seem to be less knowledgeable of what their older generations believe in and on.
    and I think the same is true with the younger generations of non-Catholics, like PB's for example.
    a lot of the younger generations are no longer in church or among the PB's, and I think chiefly because they have no idea at all what their older folks used to believe in, and believe on.
    That's why when I preach at a church where I notice more parents than young 'uns, I almost always pound on Deuteronomy 6.

5. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother Rippon, I didn't really know you were in China. Did you mean the mainland, or Taiwan ? both refer to themselves as China.
    But, in either case, have you read the book "Eternity in their Hearts" ? (google it at amazon).
    It had some accounts about Hudson Taylor being surprised at some "legends" and "traditions" he found among Chinese (or was it koreans) about their ancestors waiting for someone from a far land to bring them God's book, or something like that.
    fascinating read, although extrascriptural.
    but, at any rate, God bless you in your endeavors.
    Though we do not see eye to eye probably in what missions is all about, I respect those who do go out and act on what they believe in.
    it's not easy, and I know because in some ways, "been there, done that".

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about those in the south who have become militant Muslims? Are they growing? There also must be some influence to the youth.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not particularly sagacious to suggest a distinction here!

I'm in a backwater area;or the boondocks --a Tagalog word!
    No,but I have read other accounts of his life. I read most of them long before I ever entertained the idea of coming here.
    Thank you pinoy. It's nice to get a blessing aimed my way instead of curses from fellow "Christians."
    Okay then. Have a good one.

8. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "south" who are islam-dominant are mostly regions in the southwest beginning at what is known as Basilan and then on west to the Jolo regions and some areas of NW Mindanao like Marawi city where a major group of Muslims, the Maranaos, live.
    although muslims are found everywhere on the island of Mindanao they are more prevalent in that area of the compass I cited.

one thing about Filipinos, brother, and I do not say this in a disparaging manner, is that the 'mouth' comes first before anything else. so, those we call 'militants' ?
    most of them are in there for the money to be made in the kidnapping and such of people.
    most of them don't really care about expanding sharia or jihad, though they ride along on these issues because it gives them perverse satisfaction to earn money and at the same time wield some 'power' over the population and their victims.
    long and short of what I'm saying is they're not 'militants' more than they're mercenaries.
    but it's been a while since I mingled with them (as UC in Marcos' intels) so things may have changed.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK......that answers it, thank you.

10. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Possibly England and Canada. Israel is probably as good an ally to us as we are to them. They will look out for their best interests as every sovereign nation should. It is likely that Australia and New Zealand would side with us. We saved their butt in WWII. I would not count on ant of the mainland European countries!

11. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member