1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who Is Drawn by the Father?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Reformed1689, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Book, chapter, and verse please.

2. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We can never make an argument from what the bible does not say my friend. He may have, he may not have. But we don't know and can not make a logical argument one way or the other, as the bible never speaks about him again. I have heard ppl say that was him in Luke 16, but I ain't buying it. We just don't know his eternal state.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Show scripture that teaches that.

We see those that DO COME Jesus will raise. And only those who are drawn by the father are ABLE TO come.

You have to let the scripture speak itself not read in our own ideas.

4. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

You were talking to another here David but just because someone tears something up doesn't mean they were justified to do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Context.

6. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not making an argument. It was said he did not come to Christ. My response was that we do not know whether he did or didn't. All we know is he did not surrender on that day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes you can learn a lesson from his spiritual condition at the time. But you can't build doctrines stating it's a given he never became saved. Not a lesson you can lift from the text.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder where you got the idea of a common drawing. If a man is drawn he has a choice to make and the rich man made his choice.
    MB

9. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 13 and the parable of the sower. Some people welcome the gospel for other than pure motives. They view it as good moralistic teaching. They add it to their other religious beliefs (pluralism). The bottom line is that they do not believe by faith because it has not been granted to them by the Father.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've already proven that Christ said;
    Joh 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
    If the Bible is true and it is then how is it you can deny it? The Bible never says that all who are drawn are saved. I don't know where you got this notion from.
    MB

11. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    All you have proven is that you take John 12:32 out of context. When called on it, you double down and say only two words provide the context which is just ignorant.

12. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why would the sower sow good seed when the seed is the word of God and the Bible says.

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

IOW's God's word does not return void. That means it is always effectual. Even those who use it for other than pure motives are effected by it.They can't help but be effected by it. The Bible for me has always had a way of getting down inside of me ever since I memorized my first verse. I even find myself quoting scripture that I never memorized. It seems almost mystical that everyone who hears the name Jesus remembers it. Even those who reject Him
    There is nothing that isn't effectual about scripture and it always effect's the person the way God wants it to.
    MB

13. Jesus Saves!

Jesus Saves! Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isaiah 5:14 KJVS
    [14] Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

Isaiah 14:9 KJVS
    [9] Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jesus Saves!

Jesus Saves! Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who die without the blood of Christ go to hell. A place that wasn't prepared for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The seed (the Gospel) is always good. I do not think anyone disputes that. I believe you misunderstand the doctrine of effectual calling. The Gospel is only effectual (accomplishing salvation) for the Elect (Acts 13:48). Can those that are not elect benefit from the Gospel. Certainly. I already gave examples of that. The reprobate that are members of Bible believing churches benefit from the love and kindness of God's people. However, such benefits are temporal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show the verses that you claim in the OP support your position.

That is how it works, claim it, be able to name it

17. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jn 12:32 still says all men are drawn but your so sure of your self you can't see it.What is ignorant Is reading from scripture and still denying the truth of scripture. If you want context read it in the Bible for your self just like I do.
    MB

#37 MB, Jul 5, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2019
  18. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not denying anything. I am actually reading it in context. Something you refuse to do.

19. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one - NO ONE - is born with no chance for salvation, automatically predestined to hell!

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for **ANY** to perish but for all to come to repentance.

20. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any of the elect. Context matters.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.