1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who is Going to Win the Debate?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, Sep 22, 2016.

?
  1. Donald Trump

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Hillary Clinton

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. I can't vote. There can be no winner, we are all doomed.

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amongst other things in his bag of tricks.

HankD

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, he needs to say these things, not assume his listeners already know it.

Trump's problem is he's going to have to articulate his positions on live TV, not say "go to my website" or hold up a document. He's not very good at speaking policy details. This is the essence of TV debates and the reason why he will do poorly.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think if she opts out the vast right wing conspiracy will resurrect the health issue and that specifically she cannot endure a 90 minute marathon without bad health symptoms showing up for all the world to witness.

HankD

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#24 poncho, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wasn't aware it was dead. :D

6. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Both sides will claim victory but the clear loser will be the United States as one of them will be president. #NEVERTRUMP #NEVERHIlARY

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you prohibit coughing breaks? What are they going to do if one of them coughs? Forfeit the debate?

If there is a debate, they will both lose. Hillary on her health, which will be almost impossible to hide and Trump will not be able to go after her and shouldn't. I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary doesn't bail, her doctors can't approve this.

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I was thinking not to exclude your vote when I put in option #3. :)

9. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They will come out acting very presidential and to the surprise of many they will start out appearing much warmer toward each other than was expected. But there will be a lot of smirking in anticipation of where this is going to lead.

Inevitably they will come to blows and the audience will sit up in their seats in anticipation wherein Hillary will start her cackling and at first glimpse it might seem as Trump has met his match but Trump will totally punk Hillary when need be while he will also hold back enough to continuing putting on his presidential persona.

Queen Hillary will likely come off as being an angry and arrogant person that would be a bore to be under the rule of for the next 4 years whereas Trump will come off as being fun and will generate some pride in country while giving the impression that he is a person that is putting America and its people first.

If Hillary comes off as being both a grouchy old hag and looking tired in this debate the race for all practical purposes will be over for her.

If Hillary does a really good job presenting her rhetoric that she is more experienced and knowledgeable safe bet if might come out even afterward but I think it is more likely that Trump will generate a feeling for the need to change.

In the end each side will claim victory and the media will be all over telling us how Hillary annihilated Trump but yet the polls most likely will climb in Trump’s favor.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK the Hillary brainiac machine with their confederate left handed press tried to put it into an unconscious state or at least put it to sleep.

HankD

11. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I have paid attention and they change so often there is no way to keep up with his stated policies are on any given day. Seems you have not been paying attention.

How often have they changed during the campaign? Too often to know what his positions are.

From: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...p-s-rapidly-changing-policy-positions-n547801

Donald Trump changes his mind so frequently and so dramatically that a compilation of his current policies would not tell the whole story, nor would it be up to date for very long — he once offered up three different views on abortion in eight hours. By mixing facts with exaggerations and outright falsehoods in hundreds of interviews while simultaneously refusing to offer specifics — insisting that unpredictability is an advantage he'll use to cut better deals — Trump and the Republican Party that's nominated him are putting forward the most elusive presidential platform in modern history.

To wit: This list features 117 distinct policy shifts on 20 major issues, tracking only his reversals since he announced his candidacy on June 16, 2015.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I consider Trump a poor debater and the moderators will, without doubt, do what they can to help Crooked Hillary. Look for Trump to surprise us all. He's not as dumb as the Clintonistas and the RaTs think. Plus he is absolutely not intimidated at all by the trappings of the elitest Clinton. He knows her for what she is and is unafraid to say so.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you're going to vote for Trump, since he's learned to act like your girl, Crooked Hillary.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!

Sorry I was just wondering what Howard Dean is thinking of the this up coming debate.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone who ha s Chris Christy on their executive staff is sure to make bad decisions on a great many things....

..ie Supreme Court appointments, Interaction with Foreign governments, Jobs and Education, etc. In short, he doesn't have my confidence. If we are going to elect a clown, how about PeeWee Herman, Gary Bucie, or Chris Walkin for entertainment value...truly I have as much faith in them as I do Trump & that fat Christy to run the country.

16. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm probably going far afield with this, but here goes.

In the early days of the Roman Republic, each citizen had a VIRTUE CODE they tried to model themselves after. here they are. Ask yourselves if our Presidential Candidates (indeed, our own countries citizens) measures up, and have a blessed day.

Personal Virtues

These are the qualities of life to which every Citizen (and, ideally, everyone else) should aspire. They are the heart of the Via Romana — the Roman Way — and are thought to be those qualities which gave the Roman Republic the moral strength to conquer and civilize the world. Today, they are the rods against which we can measure our own behavior and character, and we can strive to better understand and practice them in our everyday lives.

Auctoritas: "Spiritual Authority" The sense of one's social standing, built up through experience, Pietas, and Industria.

Comitas: "Humor" Ease of manner, courtesy, openness, and friendliness.

Clementia: "Mercy" Mildness and gentleness.

Dignitas: "Dignity" A sense of self-worth, personal pride.

Firmitas: "Tenacity" Strength of mind, the ability to stick to one's purpose.

Frugalitas: "Frugalness" Economy and simplicity of style, without being miserly.

Gravitas: "Gravity" A sense of the importance of the matter at hand, responsibility and earnestness.

Honestas: "Respectibility" The image that one presents as a respectable member of society.

Humanitas: "Humanity" Refinement, civilization, learning, and being cultured.

Industria: "Industriousness" Hard work.

Pietas: "Dutifulness" More than religious piety; a respect for the natural order socially, politically, and religiously. Includes the ideas of patriotism and devotion to others.

Prudentia: "Prudence" Foresight, wisdom, and personal discretion.

Salubritas: "Wholesomeness" Health and cleanliness.

Severitas: "Sternness" Gravity, self-control.

Veritas: "Truthfulness" Honesty in dealing with others.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

IMO, those who refuse to watch the debate will win.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    Daniel J. Boorstin

I probably will not be watching the debate live - (will be watching rerun later in the late night.)
    as I will be at the Baptist Convention of NY annual meeting at Word of Life, Schroon Lake, NY
    BEING RELEVANT IN A HOSTILE WORLD
    (anyone else be attending? Mrs Salty and I would love to meet you)

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump will win the debates. All of them. Hillary is back on her heals. She cannot defend herself nor can she do anything else at this point except to say that her best reason for others to voter for her is she is not Trump. She is afraid to be asked questions, she can only respond to difficult questions with anger and snarkiness, and the country is not really in the mood for more Obama.