1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Whom Did the Israelites Worship in the Golden Calf Incident?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Scripture More Accurately, Jul 17, 2021.

?
  1. Yahweh

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. One or more false gods

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  3. Yahweh and one or more false gods

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Scripture More Accurately

Scripture More Accurately Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is one of the rare times when I have to disagree strongly with Spurgeon. Claiming that they had "altogether forgotten the nature and character of Jehovah" and also claiming "that they meant to worship the true God under a fitting and suggestive similitude by which His great power would be set forth to the multitude" is espousing a contradictory position. People who have "altogether forgotten the nature and character of Jehovah" are not going to be setting forth "His great power" to anyone because His great power is part of His nature and character.

In any case, I do not believe that I have missed the great lesson of the whole episode, but we will have to agree to disagree. Thanks to you as well for discussing this with me.