1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why Are Sinners Told to “Seek the Lord”?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SavedByGrace, Feb 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why Are Sinners Told to “Seek the Lord”?

Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon” (Isaiah 55:6-7)

From this passage, it is clear that those called on to “seek the Lord”, are not “saved, born-again”, even though it uses, “return”, as though they had wandered from the Lord. As these are called “wicked” and “unrighteous”, which would never be used to describe a saved person.

WHY would the “elect”, need to SEEK the Lord, and CALL upon Him? They are supposed to have been “elected to salvation” before the foundation of the world. They are supposed to have the “inward call” from the Holy Spirit, and need not DO anything, so we are told!

In Acts chapter 17, we read of Paul’s visit to Athens, a city full of idols. To these unsaved people, Paul says, “to seek the Lord, if perhaps they might feel after Him and find Him, though indeed He is not far from each one of us” (verse 27) And, “Truly, then, God overlooking the times of ignorance, now He strictly commands all men everywhere to repent” (verse 30). This is not to the “elect”, so can only be for the entire human race, which these people in Athens are part of! There is no indication from this passage in Acts, that these people who Paul addressed, were the “elect”. He spoke the same Message to ALL those who were present. Clearly the sinner must DO something!

These passages make no sense at all, and quite pointless, if, as the “Reformed/Calvinists” say, that the sinner need not DO anything, as the “elect of God”, will be DRAGGED by the Holy Spirit, and WILL accept Jesus Christ as their Saviour! The Bible is clearly AGAINST this false teaching, as it is very clear, that ALL sinners are told to SEEK the Lord, and CALL on His Name for their salvation.

We read in Peter’s sermon on the Day of Pentecost:

“And it shall be that everyone whoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved." (Acts 2:21)

We can see the contradiction that this man-made “theology” has with the Inspired, Infallible, Word of God.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really need to find a hobby. Not good to harbor so much hate.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dude, I do it for the TRUTH, you should try this somethimes, instead of your FICTION! :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus referred to Peter as Satan.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It could make him physically ill.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes, at the LIES that so called "reformed theology" teaches! :eek:

7. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Its the real call from God sent out to all of the lost, and those who are His own shall heed and respond!

8. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    God know ALL things, and therefore knows the elect, so WHY will He call even the non-elect, knowing that they cannot respond? this makes God INSINCERE!

try again

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then Jesus missed the perfect opportunity to tell these to seek God... How could they seek someone they didn't belong to?... And he pulled no punches telling them who they did!... Brother Glen:)

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Btw... A SINNER seek his Savior... A regenerated one... Until he is quickened he has no reason to go!

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glenn, you have not answered the OP!

WHY would God ask those who are never able to be saved, to seek Him and call on His Name for their salvation?

Either God means what He says or He is playing games with people. Which is it?

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the effect you are trying to reach with that?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    As it plainly says.

Do you have a problem with it?

Truth is Truth

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is it you are trying to gain by approaching them this way?

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't understand what you are saying because you yourself don't agree with reformed theology?

Why try to sweeten what is false?

Reformed teaching on salvation is UNBIBLICAL

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I disagree with it but I also disagree with your approach to it. You are a keyboard warrior with no concern for the person you are talking to. You have to care for them as much as you care for the truth.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your approach is different to mine. I don't see how your way is any better because they don't think much of you or I. If we are on here to please men then best we forget it

Have you read the exchanges that Jesus had with the Jews. You would probably write to Him to say that you disagree with His very strong language

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What they think of me is not a standard by which I am judge my actions. My responsibility is laid out, outside of their opinion of me. Quite frankly you act like many of them. I have been on this board a long time. I have been in all the arguments and played the keyboard warrior myself. There is no advantage to that. It convinces no one and only creates hard feelings. Some people I have on ignore and cannot see their posts. Others I just do not respond because they have no interest in a conversation only to be right. I see that as ungodly behavior.

18. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell me what is ungodly in speaking the truth?

I hate no one on here or anyway else. But I do hate the LIES on salvation that reformed theology teaches. When they think that it is ok to pervert what the Bible actually says.

Thanks for your time in writing. May the Lord give us all His wisdom

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking truth without care for the person you are speaking to is ungodly. It doesnt matter how wrong they are, you still have to care for them and be measured in your words.

20. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go with your judgemental attitude :rolleyes:

And HOW do you know that I don't care???

This is complete rubbish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.