1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why do Arminians have such a small view of God?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by MennoSota, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Eleven pages of false theology ought to be enough for anyone. Please close this thread. The Arminian God is just as powerful (all powerful) as the Calvinist God. Just as infinite. Any Calvinist who tries to measure the infinite and say one view of infinite is smaller than another view of infinite is simply posting irrational nonsense. God is sovereign and causes or allows whatsoever comes to pass, but is not the author of sin, a bogus view necessary for those that claim God predestines everything.

God's plan of redemption is not to compel folks to believe, but to draw them with lovinigkindness and persuade them with the gospel of Christ. We do not save ourselves by putting our trust in Christ, God, if He credits our faith (and He knows our heart) as righteousness saves us monergistically by transferring us into Christ.

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You sound like the Muslims who think God is their master instead of Our Father.

Letting Jesus die on the cross is not wimpy.

Your idea of what power is, is immature. Your trying to project the only way you could make things work as God's only option.

God never does evil.

3. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not declare Gods will to be evil. You either need reading comprehension lessons or honesty lessons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember, if it ain't a pink unicorn with bright blue eyes and when you kiss its forehead it tastes like marshmallows, it ain't come from God. :rolleyes:Confused:Cautious

5. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You say that a God who chooses to have troubles come upon us is an evil God by asking me why I want an evil God.

I worship a good and loving God who brings both good and bad to my life for His glory.

Like a young, sick, child who cannot comprehend the purposes of their parents when they inflict pain in order to heal, so we are with God. We do not comprehend how what seems so wrong is actually God's ordained will for something infinitely better.

I trust my loving Father, just as Yeshua had to trust Him when the Father brought the whip and the cross to the Son.

Tell me, was not that tragic day also the greatest good the world has ever known?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.