1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why do you believe?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Rebel1, Dec 17, 2017.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wrong again. Dividing the people from the "clergy" is the sin of Nicolaitism, which God hates.

"Baptize" means "immerse." You don't baptize. You rantize.

Wrong again. Sin can only be forgiven by the One sinned against.

Wrong again.

Wrong again. Look up the word "metaphor."

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sixty four years ago I went with my parents to church... As grew in age and stature I would listen to preacher after preacher rattle on , always thinking I would rather be somewhere else, than listen to this:Rolleyes... If you were preaching to me in essence you were preaching to a post... I heard the singing and the prayers and continued going with my folk until I joined the Marines and then I left for Vietnam... I guess the Lord knew I needed a new environment to wake me up... The church that I grew up in that I thought was a bother, for some unknown reason I couldn't get out of my heart, mind and soul... The Lord only had changed my cold and stony heart and I knew I had something better waiting when I got home... I starting writing to our church paper, telling them how much I missed them and longed to be united with them... They wrote back our prayers are for you and with you... In the middle of a war zone I was delivered, in the heat of battle I was saved, to return home and join the church where I grew up.

At the age of 22 I united with the church in baptism, a church I help my father and the members build in 1958 at the age of 12... I soon became a song leader, leading songs along side my father, who has long gone to be with the Lord... I've now been trying to follow the Lord over 50 years... When I think of my journey, I'm reminded of the thief on the cross the criminal who was crucified with Jesus... What did he do, that merited him heaven?... The Lord changed him on the cross, he didn't change himself... The Lord is my all in all!.. My Salvation!... We have an AWESOME GOD!... Brother Glen:)

#22 tyndale1946, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  3. Felipe Rios

Felipe Rios Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a believer because I have a personal relationship with Christ. This relationship with Christ started 11 years ago when I repented of my sins and put my full trust in Jesus.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be now my vision oh lord of my heart....

5. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Heretical to what? Show us in the history book where that brave baptist said wait guys who are these new catholic fellahs.

NAME ONE BAPTIST out there in year 200-300. LOL.

You a baptist? Prove it. Bout as baptist as I am. There isn't a living person on earth you think has it right other then yourself.

See we don't have to LIE and make up rules that are not in the bible.

Also that is our bible go get your own and quit stealing and reading other peoples mail. You got no authority to read it. Who said you can read that? and who told that guy?

You don't have scriptures.

Swears he practices faith alone, whines because folks don't DO things his way. Convince me you have common sense.

6. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would have been around 450 AD when Leo I had delusions of grandeur and styled himself "God's Vicar on Earth."

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sounds like good reading ill check it out. Thanks.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahhhhh haaaa haaaa haaaa! Oh too freaking funny:Roflmao

• Funny Funny x 1