1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why does the SDA see Ellen White as a prophetess?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Apr 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

It will depend on what definition [Scriptural, or non] you are utilizing for "soul" and, which "death" [spiritual, and/or 1st or 2nd] you are referring to.

Here are some helpful texts:

[sleep, asleep, sleepeth] Deuteronomy 31:16; 2 Samuel 7:12; Job 3:13, 7:21, 14:12; 1 Kings 1:21, 2:10, 11:21,43, 14:20,31, 15:8,24, 16:6,28, 22:40,50; 2 Kings 8:24, 10:35, 13:9,13, 14:16,22,29, 15:7,22,38, 16:20, 20:21, 21:18, 24:6; 2 Chronicles 9:31, 12:16, 14:1, 16:13, 21:1, 26:2,23, 27:9, 28:27, 32:33, 33:20; Job 14:12; Psalms 13:3; Matthew 27:52; John 11:11-13; Acts 7:60, 13:36; 1 Corinthians 15:6,18,20,51; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-15; 2 Peter 3:4; [awake] Job 14:12; Psalms 17:15; Isaiah 26:19; Daniel 12:2; John 11:11-13; [grave/bed] Job 17:13; Psalms 139:8; Luke 17:34; [fathers and prophets are dead] John 6:49,58, 8:52,53; Acts 2:29,34, 13:36; Hebrews 11:4,13,16,40, etc, etc.​

Go to the beginning to see how man was made:

And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. - Genesis 2:7

"... the LORD God formed man [of] ...":

[1] "... the dust of the ground ..."
    [2] "... and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life ..."​

and thus the whole is made, making the third:

[3] "... man became a living soul."​

Thus, if the 'dust' is destroyed, and/or the breath of life [of God] is taken back by God, then where is the man, the living soul? The Bible, even Jesus, calls this 'sleep' [John 11, etc].

God had formed man [Adam] of the 'dust of the ground' and before breathing into the nostrils the "breath of life", man was a lifeless form [a corpse].

This is a helpful video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E9uiaw5qgs

A good New Testament example of the 'first' death, is found in Acts with the martyr Stephen:

And they stoned Stephen, calling upon [God], and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. - Acts 7:59

And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep. - Acts 7:60​

If any define "soul" from outside of the Scripture, to be an immortalized incorporeal man-shade, an amorphos gaseous aetherial unsubstance of 'being/consciousness/existence, etc' then this is not a Scriptural definition, but one which is in harmony with every Pagan/Occult/Satanic [Genesis 3:4] belief.

2. One Baptism

Various other helpful passages:

The Ghost

Then Abraham gave up the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years; and was gathered to his people. Genesis 25:8

And these are the years of the life of Ishmael, an hundred and thirty and seven years: and he gave up the ghost and died; and was gathered unto his people. Genesis 25:17

And Isaac gave up the ghost, and died, and was gathered unto his people, being old and full of days: and his sons Esau and Jacob buried him. Genesis 35:29

And when Jacob had made an end of commanding his sons, he gathered up his feet into the bed, and yielded up the ghost, and was gathered unto his people. Genesis 49:33

Why died I not from the womb? why did I not give up the ghost when I came out of the belly? Job 3:11

Wherefore then hast thou brought me forth out of the womb? Oh that I had given up the ghost, and no eye had seen me! Job 10:18

But the eyes of the wicked shall fail, and they shall not escape, and their hope shall be as the giving up of the ghost. Job 11:20

Who is he that will plead with me? for now, if I hold my tongue, I shall give up the ghost. Job 13:19

But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he? Job 14:10

She that hath borne seven languisheth: she hath given up the ghost; her sun is gone down while it was yet day: she hath been ashamed and confounded: and the residue of them will I deliver to the sword before their enemies, saith the LORD. Jeremiah 15:9

I called for my lovers, but they deceived me: my priests and mine elders gave up the ghost in the city, while they sought their meat to relieve their souls. Lamentations 1:19

Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. Matthew 27:50

And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost. Mark 15:37

And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God. Mark 15:39

And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost. Luke 23:46

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost. John 19:30

And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. Acts 5:5

And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him. Acts 5:6

Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out. Acts 5:9

Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband. Acts 5:10

And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost. Acts 12:23

3. One Baptism

Slept With His Fathers, Sleep With

So David slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David. 1 Kings 2:10

"And when Hadad heard in Egypt that David slept with his fathers, ..." 1 Kings 11:21

And Solomon slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David his father: and Rehoboam his son reigned in his stead. 1 Kings 11:43

And the days which Jeroboam reigned were two and twenty years: and he slept with his fathers, and Nadab his son reigned in his stead. 1 Kings 14:20

And Rehoboam slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David. And his mother's name was Naamah an Ammonitess. And Abijam his son reigned in his stead. 1 Kings 14:31

And Abijam slept with his fathers; and they buried him in the city of David: and Asa his son reigned in his stead. 1 Kings 15:8

And Asa slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David his father: and Jehoshaphat his son reigned in his stead. 1 Kings 15:24

So Baasha slept with his fathers, and was buried in Tirzah: and Elah his son reigned in his stead. 1 Kings 16:6

So Omri slept with his fathers, and was buried in Samaria: and Ahab his son reigned in his stead. 1 Kings 16:28

So Ahab slept with his fathers; and Ahaziah his son reigned in his stead. 1 Kings 22:40

And Jehoshaphat slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David his father: and Jehoram his son reigned in his stead. 1 Kings 22:40

And Joram slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David: and Ahaziah his son reigned in his stead. 2 Kings 8:24

And Jehu slept with his fathers: and they buried him in Samaria. And Jehoahaz his son reigned in his stead. 2 Kings 10:35

And Jehoahaz slept with his fathers; and they buried him in Samaria: and Joash his son reigned in his stead. 2 Kings 13:9

And Joash slept with his fathers; and Jeroboam sat upon his throne: and Joash was buried in Samaria with the kings of Israel. 2 Kings 13:13

And Jehoash slept with his fathers, and was buried in Samaria with the kings of Israel; and Jeroboam his son reigned in his stead. 2 Kings 14:16

He built Elath, and restored it to Judah, after that the king slept with his fathers. 2 Kings 14:22

And Jeroboam slept with his fathers, even with the kings of Israel; and Zachariah his son reigned in his stead. 2 Kings 14:29

So Azariah slept with his fathers; and they buried him with his fathers in the city of David: and Jotham his son reigned in his stead. 2 Kings 15:7

And Menahem slept with his fathers; and Pekahiah his son reigned in his stead. 2 Kings 15:22

And Jotham slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David his father: and Ahaz his son reigned in his stead. 2 Kings 15:38

And Ahaz slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David: and Hezekiah his son reigned in his stead. 2 Kings 16:20

And Hezekiah slept with his fathers: and Manasseh his son reigned in his stead. 2 Kings 20:21

And Manasseh slept with his fathers, and was buried in the garden of his own house, in the garden of Uzza: and Amon his son reigned in his stead. 2 Kings 21:18

So Jehoiakim slept with his fathers: and Jehoiachin his son reigned in his stead. 2 Kings 24:6

And Solomon slept with his fathers, and he was buried in the city of David his father: and Rehoboam his son reigned in his stead. 2 Chronicles 9:31

And Rehoboam slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David: and Abijah his son reigned in his stead. 2 Chronicles 12:16

So Abijah slept with his fathers, and they buried him in the city of David: and Asa his son reigned in his stead. In his days the land was quiet ten years. 2 Chronicles 14:1

And Asa slept with his fathers, and died in the one and fortieth year of his reign. 2 Chronicles 16:13

Now Jehoshaphat slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David. And Jehoram his son reigned in his stead. 2 Chronicles 21:1

He built Eloth, and restored it to Judah, after that the king slept with his fathers. 2 Chronicles 26:2

So Uzziah slept with his fathers, and they buried him with his fathers in the field of the burial which belonged to the kings; for they said, He is a leper: and Jotham his son reigned in his stead. 2 Chronicles 26:3

And Jotham slept with his fathers, and they buried him in the city of David: and Ahaz his son reigned in his stead. 2 Chronicles 27:9

And Ahaz slept with his fathers, and they buried him in the city, even in Jerusalem: but they brought him not into the sepulchres of the kings of Israel: and Hezekiah his son reigned in his stead. 2 Chronicles 28:27

And Hezekiah slept with his fathers, and they buried him in the chiefest of the sepulchres of the sons of David: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem did him honour at his death. And Manasseh his son reigned in his stead. 2 Chronicles 32:33

So Manasseh slept with his fathers, and they buried him in his own house: and Amon his son reigned in his stead. 2 Chronicles 33:20

4. One Baptism

Sleep With Thy Fathers

And the LORD said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them. Deuteronomy 31:16

And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. 2 Samuel 7:12

Otherwise it shall come to pass, when my lord the king shall sleep with his fathers, that I and my son Solomon shall be counted offenders. 1 Kings 1:21

For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption: Acts 13:36

Gathered Unto, Laid Unto

And these are the years of the life of Ishmael, an hundred and thirty and seven years: and he gave up the ghost and died; and was gathered unto his people. Genesis 25:17

And Isaac gave up the ghost, and died, and was gathered unto his people, being old and full of days: and his sons Esau and Jacob buried him. Genesis 35:29

And he charged them, and said unto them, I am to be gathered unto my people: bury me with my fathers in the cave that is in the field of Ephron the Hittite, Genesis 49:29

And when Jacob had made an end of commanding his sons, he gathered up his feet into the bed, and yielded up the ghost, and was gathered unto his people. Genesis 49:33

Aaron shall be gathered unto his people: for he shall not enter into the land which I have given unto the children of Israel, because ye rebelled against my word at the water of Meribah. Numbers 20:24

And strip Aaron of his garments, and put them upon Eleazar his son: and Aaron shall be gathered unto his people, and shall die there. Numbers 20:26

And when thou hast seen it, thou also shalt be gathered unto thy people, as Aaron thy brother was gathered. Numbers 27:13

Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites: afterward shalt thou be gathered unto thy people. Numbers 31:2

And die in the mount whither thou goest up, and be gathered unto thy people; as Aaron thy brother died in mount Hor, and was gathered unto his people: Deuteronomy 32:40

And also all that generation were gathered unto their fathers: and there arose another generation after them, which knew not the LORD, nor yet the works which he had done for Israel. Judges 2:10

Laid Unto

For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption: Acts 13:36

5. vooks

vooks Active Member

You
    are spamming the thread. The question was directed at Rob and that's why I quoted him.

You rainbow posts are atrocious to the eye

6. vooks

vooks Active Member

You are so hyper, you even QUOTE yourself. Are you talking to yourself?

7. vooks

vooks Active Member

Ellen White actively believed that Negro race descended from beastiality. What god inspired her to churn that garbage?

Respond on this thread if you have any sense to do so
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=99286

8. One Baptism

I apologize, I am sorry, brother vooks, then, for interrupting your conversation with BobRyan, but was attempting to be helpful in addressing your question before I head to bed. However, since I am seen as intruding, I will leave you be with brother BobRyan. Please carry on.

As for the colour, in future replies to you, I will attempt to remember to not use colour, but try to remain with either simple bolds or underlines, as much as possible. I may need reminders now and again, so as not to offend in any area unnecessarily.

9. One Baptism

Brother vooks, I quote myself, to link back to the previously unfinished reply. It is so that anyone may follow the conversation back in totality. When I quote myself in such a fashion, it is so that anyone reading may know that the multiple replies belong to one single grouping of answer.

If you know of a better way, let me know. Perhaps I should just cite the links instead? What do you think, brother?

10. One Baptism

No brother, that has been refuted on numerous occasions, and like many others, are total distortions of what she actually said in context. See for yourself - http://adventist-defense-league.blogspot.com/2007/09/did-egw-teach-amalgamation-of-man-with.html

My question would be in return, what 'god' inspired those who make such charges against her, knowing that it isn't so? [I refer to where you got the incorrect information from, not to you personally.]

#150 One Baptism, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
  11. vooks

vooks Active Member

Did you read the link I shared on amalgamation revisited?
    Please do and point out to ANY misrepresentation on that or a SINGLE statement you differ with. I so badly need your feedback on that thread
    Here is the link again, just for you bro
    http://www.academia.edu/8051351/Tru...tion_Theory_Revisited_Spectrum_Magazine_2010_

Warning: this is a thorough academic grade document not some nitwit sectarian lame apology. Your total faculties are required. And interesting enough, the author is an Adventist

To answer your question, it does not take ANY inspiration from ANY god to see through EGW garbage. It takes some strong suspension of reason to even entertain the idea that she was some prophet of any sort

#151 vooks, May 4, 2015
  12. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good point

But remember there are some "here" who believe that different races within the human species -- are "different species".

How sad that they go to such extremes.

As for races of man intermixing not just species of animals intermixing - well we do have different races of man.

So then - was man responsible for the mixing of species both before and after the flood?

human animal chimeras...

in Christ,

Bob

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is in a dormant state "our FRIEND Lazarus SLEEPs I go that I may wake HIM" John 11

The body "goes back to DUST as it WAS" Eccl 12.

14. vooks

vooks Active Member

You look like an intelligent man Bob, why are you embarrassing yourself?
    1. EGW spoke of amalgamation of man and beast both BEFORE and AFTER the Flood
    2. She spoke of this as being responsible for species not created by God
    3. She spoke of this as a HISTORICAL fact.
    4. Even if you bought the retarded excuse that amalgamation is 'cross breeding' between sinners and the righteous, BOTH are men so how they would give rise to a different race is beyond sanity. Bob let's assume you are righteous Caucasian . If you married a Caucasian Satanist, what race would you beget?

Now, no amount of genetic engineering 150 years after her racist crap would place man-animal race of men anywhere in her time

If you have ought to gainsay against this article, kindly let's meet on that thread
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=99286

What god/spirit inspired this woman to spin such racist statements?
    I bet you never knew she opposed blacks marrying whites as well

#154 vooks, May 4, 2015
  15. vooks

vooks Active Member

Does it remain in the body?

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    True - so why are you embarrassing yourself by imagining that different races of humanity are different species??

I did not bring that up.

But that is what is happening in Genesis 6:1

Do we toss the bible out as well for that?

The point remains.

in Christ,

Bob

17. vooks

vooks Active Member

It is extremely blasphemous fishing for EGW garbage from the scriptures.
    Nowhere are you taught that there were new species of animals BEFORE Flooding following sin nor are you taught that the same persisted after Flood. This is assuming that (animal+animal mating)+man's sin= amalgamation=new species & (sinners+Righteous mating)+man's sin= amalgamation=new race

"But if there was one sin above another which called for the destruction of the race by the flood, it was the base crime of amalgamation of man and beast which defaced the image of God, and caused confusion everywhere." Spiritual Gifts volume 3 page 64

"Every species of animal which God had created were preserved in the ark. The confused species which God did not create, which were the result of amalgamation, were destroyed by the flood. Since the flood there has been amalgamation of man and beast, as may be seen in the almost endless varieties of species of animals, and in certain races of men.Spiritual Gifts volume 3 page 75

Bob,
    1. Genesis 6:1 is not talking about sinners and righteous sleeping around and DEFACING the image of God because both bear the image of God and

2. Could you please share with us some of these RACES which are product of of amalgamation?

3. Is amalgamation still ongoing?

#157 vooks, May 4, 2015
  18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vooks [​IMG]
    You look like an intelligent man Bob, why are you embarrassing yourself?
    1. EGW spoke of amalgamation of man and beast both BEFORE and AFTER the Flood
    2. She spoke of this as being responsible for species not created by God
    3. She spoke of this as a HISTORICAL fact.

True - so why are you embarrassing yourself by imagining that different races of humanity are different species??

Quote:
    4. Even if you bought the retarded excuse that amalgamation is 'cross breeding' between sinners and the righteous,
    I did not bring that up.

But that is what is happening in Genesis 6:1

Do we toss the bible out as well for that?

The point remains.

you fish for garbage in scripture??

You remind me of my signature line below.

Did you simply not have anything of substance to post?

If not -- why post??

You seem to be floundering.

You have heard of genetic engineering right?

Is this all new to you now??

New species created by genetic amalgamation - ... hmm you seem to struggle with the basics on that one. Welcome to the 21st century.

"But if there was one sin above another which called for the destruction of the race by the flood, it was the base crime of amalgamation of man and beast which defaced the image of God, and caused confusion everywhere." Spiritual Gifts volume 3 page 64

"Every species of animal which God had created were preserved in the ark. The confused species which God did not create, which were the result of amalgamation, were destroyed by the flood. Since the flood there has been amalgamation of man and beast, as may be seen in the almost endless varieties of species of animals, and in certain races of men.Spiritual Gifts volume 3 page 75

Recall that we already know that we have only ONE species of man -- no matter how many races.

Genesis 6:1 is not talking about demons marrying women since as Christ points out - in Matt 22 Angels don't even have that function with themselves much less with other species.

So then it is just about being unequally yoked -- believer with non-believer.

Races of man that are the products of mixing with other races of man?
    Is this really where you camp out???

After 1600 years it is likely that the descendants of Cain and those of Seth appeared to be separate races of the one species 'mankind'.

I don't understand why you are so baffled by the distinction between animal species on the one hand - and races of man on the other. Why do you ignore that distinction?

in Christ,

Bob

#158 BobRyan, May 4, 2015
  19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think you see the symptom manifest where someone runs to an SDA bashing site - loads up on what is 'supposed to be' some great ammo only to find out that it is fluff and does not hold up to close review.

The result seems to be some frustration on their part - as if they are certain it "shoulda worked".

Why not adopt a serious interest in the Bible subjects raised 'instead'??

in Christ,

Bob

20. One Baptism

This is actually a good question for an OP [in blue], and the introductory question in following is also good. Would you like to see from the Scripture, typology, prophecy, etc why?

I am willing to open the Bible with you brother Yeshua1 and answer you most candidly and seriously from there. If you are willingly, let me know.

We can begin by immediately eliminating Joseph Smith from the picture, by the Scriptures themselves, if you agree to study with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.