1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

why doesn't God always help?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JimboJones, Nov 10, 2004.

1. joyfulkeeperathome

joyfulkeeperathome New Member

I will pray for you that you will be able to trust God 100%. You see, God is not a vending machine. He ALWAYS answers prayers. Sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes it is no, sometimes it is wait. He knows what is best for us. If your child came up to you and asked you for a brand new car, and you said "No.", would your child not be able to trust you just b/c you said no??? Of course not!!!! You know that it is not in the child's best interest to have a car at that time. God knows what is in your best interest. Romans 8:28,29...read it, study it, get to be close friends with these two verses....

I will continue to pray for you....

2. music4Him

music4Him New Member

~Jimbo I hope this helps. [​IMG]
    No, I don't think its Gods will for terrorist to kill christians. But rather if faced with that situation.........
    Heb 13:6 - So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

And to remember that the Word says......

Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Look at all the suffering the Apostles went through. In 2 Cor. 11:23-26 Paul speaks about some of the things he suffered.... 5 times he was whiped (40 stipes minus 1) thats 195 lashes across the back! Shipwhrecked 3 times, beated with rods 3 times, he was stoned ("with rocks"). In "perils" with... water, robbers, his own countrymen, by heathen, in the city and in the wilderness, in the sea, and among false breathren.......Paul suffered alot. *But, he was also the apostle who had written he would take pleasure in his infirmities. (2 Cor. 12:10)

Now something for you to think about....
    Think of all the suffering Jesus went through.... the beating from the guards and then the scourging (40 stripes minus 1), having to carry His cross on His back that was probley what looked like ground meat, the crown of thorns He wore on His head, the crowd mocking and spiting at Him as He went up the hill of Golgotha knowing that He was going to die and Oooooh the hurt He must have felt to hear the people choosing a murderer to be set free and He was rejected. [​IMG] But He died for you, and me and everyone on and in this world that has drew a breath of life. He gave His life to save us. To bridge the gap between the Father and us. To cover our sins with His blood just so that we could have salvation, if we only believe in Him.
    .....Now think how His Father must have felt that day. :confused: He saw His Son suffer, He saw it when He was rejected, He saw those nails peirce His hands and feet. He saw it when the guard's spear went into His side... He saw it, cause He was there! [​IMG] But Praise God! He was also there when He raised Him from the dead too! [​IMG]

Jesus didn't have to die. But, He chose to die to pay the penaty for our sin, but also to show His power over death.
    John 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

God Bless you Jimbo/Fredric
    Music4Him

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

JJ, thanks for finally answering my question.

Why aren't you in a church? You can't be a lone ranger Christian and you can't grow well outside a church. It is showing up here the way you ask questions and the assumptions you make. I was actually wondering if you were really a believer or just a poseur out having fun with us.

4. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

Thanks! [​IMG]

There are no good churches in my town.Marcia.
    I don't have a car and my range is limited.In my town there are only churches which are run by the state they don't have much to offer.

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Why do you define "help" by God making you stay on this sinful earth? Why isn't "help" God taking you to heaven? Paul said to depart and be with Christ was far better. But you think "help" is staying here.

See, I think your judgment is messed up. You have a wierd definition of "help." You think God has to do what you want him to do in order for it to be help.

The Bible clearly teaches that God is in the heavens, doing whatever he pleases. He is working all things after the counsel of his own will. He who knows all things is bringing about his will in this world.

Rather than questioning that, you should praise God for it.

6. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

JJ, when I dwell on these things, I consider that if God were to intervene and give us immediate consequences for our every action we would all be in hot water with Him immediately with no chance to repent and find eternal life. By stepping back and delaying His devine judgement, He is showing us all the mercy of giving us time to find Him and receive His forgiveness and salvation. Unfortunately, as a side affect, we are under the realm of natural law and natural consequences in this world. By forcing the spiritual realm to have little direct physical influence, this is a protection for us all, but also leaves us with the results of natural law and natural consequences.

There is another consideration. This world is shadowed, under the oppression of forces of evil. In ways, God's dealing with us is somewhat like dealing with members of the army behind enemy lines. And by forcing our world to be primarily under the influence of physical laws and natural consequences instead of spiritual laws and consequences, God gives this world a measure of protection from those oppressive evil forces.

7. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Jimbo have you thought of it this way.....the reason there is no "good" churches in your town is because you are missing? Pray that the Lord will get you in the right one. The state can try and run a church, but what the state don't know is another thing altogether. There just might be a preacher that won't bow to the state. Keep searching and ask God to lead you. I do know that if you are around other believers in Christ it makes your journey easier. People to support you in prayer, through trials and tribulation. People to rejoice with you in the good times too! Who knows you might just be the breath of fresh air a stale state run church needs to make a change? There might even be others that feel the same way as you? [​IMG] Just check 'em out and pick the best one. If they preach Jesus Christ crucified, resurected, and sitting on the right side of the Father interceeding for us. Thats a start! [​IMG] BTW, do you get christian broadcasting in TV or your computer in you area? Check out Daystar's Celebrate with Joni and Marcus Lamb or what ever that will agree with your spirit......just feed your spirit with the Word..... Read, read, read your bible!

BTW, If you do listen to christian broadcasting...
    Don't just take a tele-evangelist word for it either when watching Christian broadcasting on TV (or in church) you write down what they say and look it up in the bible. (I would record Joyce Meyers on the VCR and then go over what she said and stop or re-wind the tape if I needed to, just to be sure she stayed with the Word.)

Bottom line is you need christian friends and they need you...being alone is not a good thing. The internet is wonderful, but it has a fault, and that is to hear the sincerity in the voice of someone who writes to you. [​IMG]

God Bless,
    Music4Him

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Do you think there might be some private home fellowships of Christians? Maybe if you went to some of the churches, you could find this out?