Why I am #NEVERTRUMP

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by blessedwife318, Jul 21, 2016.

1. blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you would have Cruz, break the covenant he made to his wife, and disobey God's command to love His wife, because of a promise that Trump himself reneged on? That makes no sense to me.

Although I fail to see how Cruz did not "support" Trump, as he congratulated him on the win, told people not stay home but to vote up and down the ticket, for Freedom and Constitution loving candidates and he has made it clear that he does not want to be a write-in in candidate. Just because he did not bow down and kiss the ring like all the establishment did is not a lack of support. Unless Trump is not a freedom and Constitution loving candidate than I can see how that would be a problem. :)

I think Ted Cruz is going to come out smelling like Roses since he will not be tainted with the Trump Party when Trump is destroyed in November.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump has indeed hit Crooked Hillary many times --and Obama, and Killer Khan. There are very many evil persons that he has to take aim at.

3. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cruz is going to be toppled. Trump, on the other hand, Lord willing will win big time in November. You better hope he wins. There's nothing like pouting children (NeverTrumpers)who want their own way regardless of the consequences.

Speaking of the NeverTrumpers --a number of them will be tainted with giving to the Clinton Foundation.
    Those kind of people would not be welcome inside the Trump Camp anyway. The Clinton Family Crime Foundation smells to the lower regions of Hell.

4. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So why did he spend yesterday ranting at the press?

Here's an idea for Donald--put out ads on TV and radio. Ads that you control. Ads that you decide the content and produce to your exacting high standards. Ads that present your message unfiltered by the media. Or mail out campaign literature that has your, and only your message in them.

You know, run a real campaign?

Unless you're just in it to lose and walk off with all the campaign donations so you can pay off a bunch of loans for your failing businesses.

5. blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Trump himself should not be welcome since we know on multiple occasions he gave to the Clinton's. Trump would know what that smells like since he is such great friends with them. :)

6. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe because the press is nothing but a bunch of low-down lying scum?

That sounds eerily like the press I described above. Shame on you.

7. StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It won't end his career because Trump will lose.

That being said, the promise was stupid in the first place.

But perhaps he could have kept his word by saying, "Although he has personally insulted my wife, because I promised to support the GOP nominee, I reluctantly endorse Donald Trump. I just can't support his actions."

8. StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why devolve into this level of rhetoric?

9. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. A lot of them are, for sure. But, what kind of a campaign would send out screen shots of websites overlaid with the words "media bias offender" in large red letters? How does that help?

Well, perhaps you can come up with a scenario whereby a candidate takes in campaign money, doesn't spend it, and runs the worst campaign in history?

#NeverTrump people are not causing Trump to:
    1. Go off message and attack Obama, Khan, NYT, the media in general, etc.
    2. Not spend money on advertising.
    3. Campaign in solid blue states

So what's he doing?

10. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's the style of Dear Leader, so he adopts it.

11. Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

12. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning

Sometime after 4pm Pacific, this thread will be closed.

13. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please quote where I said any such thing. Trump is not in charge of Cruz loving his wife. Cruz is. And Trump did not renege on his promise to support the nominee. He IS the nominee! Good grief!

You have so twisted it that it makes no sense to anyone.

It may come as a surprise to you but it is possible to love your wife and keep your word at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive.

By the way, I can't help by notice you ignored the two verses I posted that are right on point. :)

14. StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correct. It is also a wonderful opportunity for backhanded compliments, like when Obama said Clinton was "likeable enough" in 2008.

Cruz could have said Donald Trump as a candidate was "good enough" to endorse him.

The promise wasn't to have a full-throated endorsement of the eventual nominee, so the most tepid endorsement would suffice. He could say it one time, then shut his mouth for the rest of the campaign.

15. blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can tell you this is my husband was running for office and his opponent said even half the things that Trump said about Cruz's wife, and than my husband turned around and endorsed him, I will feel betrayed and unloved, yet that is what you are asking Cruz to do?
    If I was a parent anden had a child running for office and his opponent accused me of being involved in an assassination plot and than my child turned around and endorsed him I would feel extremely dishonored and yet that is what you are demanding for Cruz to do. you can quote verse about love all day but they ring hollow when the action you demand to prove love and forgiveness would be unloving toward those that are closest to him, and in a covenant relationship with they ring hollow.

I'm still waiting for a single Trump supporter to explain how Cruz did not show "support" for Trump. He congratulated him, is asking that people not write him in and told people to go out and vote for Freedom and Constitution loving candidate up and down ballots.
    Of course I don't expect a response because to respond would be to show you know that Trump is not a Freedom. and Constitution loving candidate, which is exactly why I am #NEVERTRUMP in the first place.

I have not twisted anything, I just let Trump's words speak for themselves. He reneged on his promise. And he also made it clear he neither wanted nor needed Cruz's support and I see no reason to argue with Trump on that issue.

I can't help but noticed you ignored the 2 passages of Scripture Tendor posted about a husbands duty to his wife and sons to his parents.

16. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So it is all about your "feelings" and not about his honesty?

It is okay to lie and not keep his word as long as your "feelings" are not hurt?

I pointed out that Grace is sufficient.

17. blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    tell me how endorsing the man who attacks a wife fits the description of a loving husband layed out in Eph. 5? That is the standard you have to ignore to demand an endorsement. Tendor made an fantastic point about that you will not acknowledge.

Again I do not see how Cruz failed in his promise to support the nominee. So you have not proved he was dishonest until you can answer how when he congratulated Trump on his victory, tells his supporters not to write him in and told them to go out and vote for the freedom and Constitution loving candidate up and down the ballot.

How was any of that unsupportive?

I've noticed that question has been ignored multiple times now.

The only thing Cruz did was rip the mask off and hold up a mirror to Trump supporters and they didn't like what they saw so now they are attacking the messenger rather than deal with what they saw.

18. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    correction "STINKS LIKE"

19. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As Ted Cruz is a conservative Christian (Baptist) I think the verse that is much more applicable is Ephesians 4:32 "And be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving each other, just as God also in Christ forgave you."

And for the sake of his own Testimony Ted could try John 13:35 "By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

20. blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So his relationship with his wife and father mean nothing? got it.