1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why is it worth fighting over?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Reynolds, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know I'm once again asking for something you've never done before, but show that to be so from scripture.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know I'm once again asking for something you've never done before, but show that to be so from scripture.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    j

First of all - almost none of the Arminians I know - believe in the man made tradition of OSAS - and Matt 18 and Romans 11 and Gal 5:4 are good places to find out why that is the case.

Secondly - The 4 and 5 point Calvinist model has no logic at all in place at all for evangelism. So they argue for evangelism without having the basis for it - just as those Arminians who believe in OSAS are doing so without having a shred of Aminian doctrine to support it.

In that regard they are both similar.

in Christ,

Bob

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

I do not call myself an Arminian, but many would consider me to be a OSAS Arminian. But to say there is no support for OSAS is ridiculous.

The moment a person trusts Christ, their spirit is joined or fused to the Holy Spirit to become one spirit.

1 Cor 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

This is where "monergism" goes wrong. It takes two parents to produce a physical birth, and a child is a "fusion" or "joining" of those two parents. You receive half your DNA from your father, and half from your mother. But we are not our mother or father, we are a new creation and a complete individual.

The spiritual birth is the same, we are a fusion or joining of our spirit we were born with and the Holy Spirit as 1 Cor 6:17 says. Now we are a new creation, and an individual. We are not God, and we are not our old man, but a "new man".

This new man cannot fall away in unbelief because the Spirit remains in him and he cannot sin.

1 Jhn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

So, there is absolutely scriptural support for OSAS.

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.