1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why many Christian men remain single.

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Latver11Leader, Oct 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Women file for divorce twice as often as men. Lefties are proud to be drooling hypocrites.

2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Men drive women to divorce.. it still takes two to tango. As far as hypocrites you are the one judging women to be worse than men. Assumimg that I'm a leftest is ridiculous When both side are inherently evil.do you still vote for evil?
    MB

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wrong I'd never run from the likes of you

Your wife must be terrified
    If we were face to face you wouldn't make such an accusation. All you internet bullies are the same you insult all you want because you can hide behind your computer screen. Hehehehehe
    MB

4. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good grief calm down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to MB, many Christian men remain single because they're murderers who beat women to a pulp.

6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not true anyone can see that.
    MB

7. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    MB, are you going to vote for Fauxocahontas, the Jessie Smollett of politicians? At a recent Town Hall, a woman asked Elizabeth warren, "How would you react to a supporter who said to you, ‘I’m old-fashioned and my faith teaches me that marriage is between one man and one woman.’” Warren replied, "Well, I’m going to assume it’s a guy who said that. And I’m going to say, then just marry one woman. I’m cool with that. Assuming you can find one.”

Warren showed herself again to be a pathetic reprobate by showing her contempt for Christians and at the same time insulting the hypothetical man she assumed would ask the question (never mind that it was a woman who asked the question). Is Warren your sister, or just a like-minded individual?

Now, back to the OP, why many Christian men remain single? You were saying something about men being murderers and beating women to pulp. If that's not accurate, then please clarify. I was saying something about modern women being malcontents, to which you replied along the lines of I can't get or keep a woman.

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure, sure. If you say so.

And what would be appropriate, in your opinion? Stoning?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It’s funny, when dating my wife I remember clear as day when I stopped and thought “I wonder what (insert politician here) thinks about this.” Oh that’s right normal people don’t care.

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You, and MB, might not be aware that politicians make the laws, laws that tell you how to live. So, you should wise up and ask what the politicians you're voting for thinks about this and that.

12. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’ll try to squeeze worrying about Elizabeth Warren breaking up my marriage into my busy schedule.

13. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your source says, "The odds that a marriage would end in divorce really were close to 50 percent in the past. There is little controversy about that... My own best guess? The chances that a marriage will end in divorce is probably somewhere between 42 and 45 percent."

The marriage rate has stabilized in the last few years, but it had already fallen by more than 30% in about the last four decades. On top of that, people are waiting longer to get married. This means there are a lot more unofficial marriages, cohabitations (many cohabiting people refer to themselves as married), than there use to be, deflating the divorce statistics, so fewer divorces do not mean stronger relationships. If you count cohabitations that end as divorce, the divorce rate probably exceeds 80%. Make that 90%. Even without considering cohabitation, the divorce rate is roughly ten times what it was in the 18th century.

In other words, if a man marries his high school sweet heart, she'll divorce him in a few years. If a man waits until he's 30 and marries a woman who no longer has unrealistic fantasies about relationships (and, is too old/fat/ugly to look for another man), he might stay married. And, both in their 20s are sleeping around and having failed relationships.

But, even if it's 42%, that'a appalling. Many Christian men who remain single might not be thinking about the divorce rate, but they're having to deal with these malcontent women which turns them off of marriage, which saves them from the inevitable divorce that a malcontent woman will eventually want.

14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow. Just wow.

15. Latver11Leader

Faith:
    Baptist
    So this just happened today. I'm at work and there are no phone calls coming in, or any veterans scheduling appointments, so it's very slow. Friday's are typically the slowest day of the week. I walk over to the waiting area and watch some television to pass the time. The show I'm watching is called Snapped, it's kind of similar to Unsolved Mysteries. Anyway, this guy named Cody meets this girl named Jordan and they slowly develop a relationship. Their mutual christian friends at church notice Cody and Jordan's relationship start to get more serious in 2011, and by 2012 Cody and Jordan are engaged. In the summer of 2013, Cody and Jordan finally tie the knot and get married, making them the happiest couple in all of Montana.

This is when the show takes a dark turn. A week after getting married, Cody comes up missing. No one can find him for the next 2-3 days. Then the local authorities discover his dead body at the bottom of a cliff halfway in the water. Law enforcement begins to question everyone who is close to Cody. Eventually, after gathering enough evidence and conducting interrogations, the local police conclude that Jordan killed her husband. Cody and Jordan had gone to their church on Sunday morning and again on Sunday night. After Sunday night church, the couple spent some time with their friends at a Dairy Queen. After a little while Cody and Jordan say their goodbyes, and Jordan suggests both of them go to a favorite spot of theirs in Glacier National Park. They arrive on top of a cliff to look out onto the majestic view down below. While Cody has his back turned to her, she pushes him off of the cliff 200 feet to his death. Why would she do such a thing? She told authorities she was afraid to be intimate with him. Cody's family and friends are heart broken about his death, and Jordan's lawyers suggest she take a plea deal for 30 years in prison. She is then sentenced to 30 years in prison.

The show is wrapping up, and in walks another work study student. She asked what I'm watching. I explain to Jean that this woman named Jordan has murdered her husband by shoving him off of a cliff to his death. She instantly scoffs and exclaims that her husband probably deserved it. I pause, debating whether I should further explain the real life homicide reenactment or not. I choose to remain silent. Jean shakes her head vehemently, ranting about how men are murderers, rapists, sexists, etc. She finally declares that if all Jordan did was push her husband off of a cliff to his death, then that is not nearly as bad as what men do to women on a daily basis. Seconds later she storms off, and I'm left standing there wondering if Jean has some bitterness and resentment issues towards men. Has she been hurt or screwed over by a male in her past? Perhaps. I recall having quite a few unpleasant female encounters through no fault of my own. Should I give up on the entire female population because of some negative female interactions? I think not. When it comes down to it, men and women are both sinners and in desperately need of the Savior. Jesus Christ died for men and women and deeply desires to reconcile them to Himself. Maybe I should share this with Jean, but then again, she probably won't listen to anything I have to say. She never does.

16. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is anyone going to ban this troll?

I've kept quiet about his hatred of women because I'm pretty much the only woman on this board.

But to mock the mentally handicapped is too much.

First of all, I taught in the public school systems for decades. I never indoctrinated anyone on anything. My only sibling is mentally retarded. He went to public school and was successful.

I just don't understand people who like to troll Christian forums and say things like this about women, the handicapped, and more. And apparently the moderators approve of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pointing out that many modern women are malcontents is hatred of women? But, MB dishonestly claiming men commonly beat their wives to pulp isn't hatred of men? If you and MB think I'm wrong, then back up your claims! He's got nothing, and neither do you, except for personal attacks.

Come on, show that you have something other than playing the hysterically offended woman card. Explain the high divorce rate and back up your explanation. Explain why many Christian men remain single. I won't be holding my breath.

And, your claim that educational institutions don't indoctrinate reflects a serous detachment from reality.

18. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you read almost any article that favors what Baptists call "complimentarianism" there's a great deal of text devoted affirming the value of women. The authors walk on eggshells, as if they're afraid of sending women into hysterics. It's really sad that feminists insist they're strong, but they try hard to be fragile and offended.

I work in a large business. We have lots of managers, roughly half of them women, because we want our managers to reflect the general population. Many of these women are given management positions because they're women, not in spite of being women. And, yet, a significant number of them spend their time whining about being treated unfairly. They complain that those those higher up discriminate against them and those below them exploit them because they're women. They love to play the hysterically offended women card. The real problem is they're malcontents who aren't qualified for the job.

No one has any fear of lying and saying men commonly beat their wives to a pulp or the problem with men is toxic masculinity. Why the double standard? Many women are malcontents.

19. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you’ve done enough wining for all of us. You make men sound like entitled babies. I agree you sound like a troll and it’s no surprise why you have trouble with women. Look in the mirror.

It’s funny you keep using the word hysterical. Of late, you have run across these forums like a raving unhinged lunatic with an unusual anger and hostility.

20. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Post #36 is the most hysterical and unhinged post I've ever seen in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.