1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why? Mom overdoses baby

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Gina B, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/04/mother-admits-killing-infant-poisoning-methadone/

I wonder why any mother would do this, especially when the baby was already hospitalized?

I would like to think she somehow thought she was helping the baby cope with whatever problems she was having, although even that is stupid and makes little sense, it makes SOME sense.

Or maybe she thought she was a good mom and was afraid of her being abused elsewhere if taken away because of mom's possible addictions, so she did this.

Otherwise, why would a mom kill her own child, especially at this child's age? I've heard of teen mom's who hid it and panicked at the birth, or first time mom's getting too frustrated with crying and such, but this one I have no clue on.

What do you think would make a mom kill an older baby? Not just this one, any mother.

2. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

? The God of this World?

The fact that Methodone was involved pretty much indicates that satan was involved in her life in some way. "Sorceries" in the NT often comes from the Greek Pharmacia (sp?) ie., drugs.

There have been several of these inexplicable mother vs child murders in my life time.

And, they all boil down to one thing the mother thought the child or children were getting in her way of enjyoing life!

Read that as the primary cause for abortion in America, too!

Way, too sad.

And, unfortunately, if someone happened to have seen this coming it was probably an outsider who was either discounted or forbidden to get involved by the state child protective services...

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I wouldn't delve into what she was thinking, or try to find out why she did it, in other words, what she thought justified that. It doesn't matter to me and I'd rather not engage in that personally. Surely her mind is evil , and there is no justification to what she did. It's sad news, and made me go and hug our 10 month old baby daughter.

There was also another mother, who recently killed her boy, because he interfered with her facebook time. From what I recall, she started to strangle him, took a smoke break, then finished him off. Her words. I think he was in the 6 to 9 month old range.

But then, the liberals want us to believe mankind is getting better.

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would anyone, especially a mother, kill a child? I think it's because we are being taught not to view life as precious in God's sight. It starts with the teaching of evolution. If we evolved from slime soup to animals to humans, instead of being created in the image of God, well, we aren't a precious life.
    Then it expands to "survival of the fittest" where we can kill an unborn baby (a blob of tissue instead of a helpless, innocent LIFE) in the name of "free choice." The cycle progresses to disrespect of the elderly and abuse of the mentally and physically ill. The end result of sin is DEATH. So says the word of God.

God's view of life is vastly different than man's sinful view.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Exactly. Amen.

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I don't care to know what gets in the minds of parents who do this.

But, then, my own loving dad, who provided protection, discipline, and love for all of his 5 children to and into adulthood.... used to say... and did say as recently as 2005, that he brought us into this world... and if need be, he believed he had the power and authority to take any of us out!

I'm 62y/o.... and his having made these kind of statements to me concerning my brothers and sisters... or to them... doesn't keep me from loving and appreciating what he has done for each of us... but it does disturb my sense of trust and security and feeling valued in his eyes..... and concerns regarding the safety of other family members when he's angry... sometimes with cause... but more times because of his own sense of entitlement to control & boss others immediate to him.

Why people do these things... or why people display the attitudes they do sometimes... I'm tempted to say "God only knows".... but am then reminded... well, God told us in his word about how Adam and Eve lost their first estate... to the devil through deception and disobedience... and to this day... the devil walks, controling the hearts and minds of all who have not the spirit of God living in them... seeking whom he may destroy: Every person on the face of this earth is his target because each of us are made in the image of God, made for the function of bringing glory to God: Those he already has... follow after the evil imagineings he's placed in our hearts.... and those of us who are occupied by the Spirit of God through the new birth, are targets for his oppression & temptation... to try to disrupt our fellowship with God, our witness to others, and thereby nullify our witness and testimony and glory to God for our salvation. He can't stop that which Jesus Christ completed on the cross.... but he works as hard as he can to give the appearance that it makes no difference.

7. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well said, windcatcher.

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I kinda do want to know, because if I can understand it, at least I might feel some compassion for people who do this.

We know Christ knows everyone's hearts, and maybe that's why he can love without filters.
    So may if I can understand them, I can experience a fraction of that and instead of fearing people like this, I can have some degree of sympathy towards them.
    Not to excuse what they did, but in a way I think it would help me better understand how to love in a Christian way instead of from my own way of thinking. I kinda want that because otherwise I get really depressed and angry over stuff like this.

Hope that makes some sense.

9. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Actually I've heard of that thanks to someone who posted on the internet that I have it then left it and other weird stuff up for my kids to read. It was really odd but hilarious at the same time after the poor kids got over their initial shock at reading the psychotic rant.

Anyhow, I'll have to look it up again and refresh my memory on the details of it.

Windcatcher, lots of true points in there. I can't count how many times people I witnessed to said that yeah, they think Jesus died for them but it just doesn't matter to them and why should it affect them since they didn't ask him too.
    Some even admit to believing in hell but just don't care if they go there.
    Those are the ones I never know what to say to after they make statements like that.

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I really fail to understand why these actions are of any surprise. There is no need to try and justify her actions with weak justifiable reasons. The why is because she is a sinner.

12. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Why do you appear obsessed with following me around making snide comments?
    Are you male or female?

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You think way to much of yourself if you think I am following you around. Also I had no intent of making a snide remark. I was just stating what I felt was clear. The answer to your last question is yes.

14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Are you browsing with Safari 5.0 on macosx?

Do you have issues answering whether you're a man or a woman?

See, I get a little creeped out when I think someone's following me. Call me crazy. If you choose to keep following me, I'll choose to keep posting more information.

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Sounds like you have a personal issue. Like I said you think way too much of yourself if you think I am following you.

16. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because we are all of us fallen creatures in a fallen world.
    This morning on the way back home from the gym I was listening to Chuck Swindoll and his introduction to his sermon was this incident in Blackhawk Down where Tom Sizemore as a tough-talking US Army Ranger Lt Col was hauling wounded soldiers into a vehicle and he had no driver and he sees this Ranger standing shot and shocked at a corner and he points to him and says "get in there and drive" and the Ranger responds, "I'm shot,sir" and Sizemore yells back, "we're all shot".

That's how it is in this fallen world, we're all shot. Believer, unbeliever, we're still in the Mogadishu market with the enemy shooting at us from everywhere, and we're all shot and bleeding.

17. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Yes, awesome post pinoy.

I watched part of a murder trial today and the excuse for the teen (being tried as an adult) is that he has a mental condition.
    I keep thinking to myself that we all have "mitigating factors" but they don't negate our responsibility for our actions, as is so popular in the legal AND spiritual world.

Obviously my question throws some people off...I was the deconstructionist kid who loved people's trash because they had clocks and watches and television and old stuff I could take apart and see how it worked inside. Very annoying, I know, but I'm glad for the people who contributed to my question with ideas and comments to shed some light on this situation!

Makes me wish I could go back in time and snuggle my babies even more than I did when I hear this stuff. Poor little one.