1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why The Caner Double Standard

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Martin, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And of course I don't detect any sincerity with that remark of yours. All you mean by that comment is that I am completely wrong. It just sounds so pious to say :"You are in my prayers." You could have simply stated where you think I am in error.

2. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Maybe I did not state the error because you would not understand what I think the error is. Sometimes we do or say the right things for the wrong reasons and that my friend makes them as wrong as the wrong things for the wrong reasons.

I think that what Caner seemly has done is a black eye to Christians, but I realize there are few options that I have and bashing Mr Caner is not one of them. Some have even bashed others on this thread because they disagree or even do not agree the same way.

I regret that you reject my prayer because I do not show emotion the way you dictate that I should.

This thread has turned into a Caner bashing thread that should not have been allowed to continue.
    The fact that this thread has been allowed to continue in this manner is the real double standard.

My prayers are still with you.

#122 John Toppass, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2010
  3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

He has not done that to those who trust God. He has given himself a black eye. It is an opportunity to show how God will deal with each person.

4. olefundybob

olefundybob New Member

Fairness in labeling please.

James White has two substandard degrees from Columbia Evangelical Seminary which operates out of a small upstairs office in the little town of Buckley Washington. He needs to confess his deception instead of seeking to find such in others. To say his degrees are substandard is charitable. They required almost no work. :saint:

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Are your statements gossip too?

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

White is not hiding those degrees or the institution. If he said they were from somewhere else and we later found they were from CES. If he said they were in one field and we found out later they were in another, then I'd see the correlation.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but do you have any idea of what you are talking about? These degrees require major work, a dissertation, collaterals....the same as other doctoral programs in Britain, South Africa (Where Caner earned one of his), etc. You obviously are prejudiced against Dr. White and are grasping at make-believe straws.

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

There is a difference between gossip and lies - sometimes.

9. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

WHat deception? He says right on his website where he got his degrees, when and what the degrees are.

It has come up in the past that Dr White has an earned, but unaccredited doctorate but he has never claimed otherwise. He also has a masters from Fuller.
    Do you think that took know work either?

Come on.

10. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

What an absolutely ridiculous statement. CES is every bit as rough as other schools...they just are not accredited, and use a British model.

I guess degrees from Cambridge require no work as well? :tonofbricks:

11. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Anything to deflect from the real issues, which is caners lies.

12. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Umm, I think I meant 'no work' not 'know work' lol

13. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I thought the degree thing has been settled. Its not that big of an issue and was silly prating by the pagan accuser in this situation.

Regardless of what one thinks of CES, James White has always been forthright about his education. You can't attack him for that.

14. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please elaborate.

15. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Martin,

I agree with you 100%. Your biblical analysis is spot on. I, too, am grieved. As an alumnus, I too, want accountability and repentance. Repentance is a joy! It brings us back into a right relationship with God. Confessing my sins should be a joyful act; not something I have to do grudgingly.

16. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Rippon,

I do not receive twitter from either. Can you give examples of what you mean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.