Why The RCC Is A Cult

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The American Dream, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Zenas Active Member

OldRegular, you really out to keep a dictionary next to your computer when you write this drivel. A universalist is someone that believes everyone will be saved, not just the so called elect. A Catholic, on the other hand, is a member of the universal church founded by Jesus Christ.

At this point I will clue you in on a little secret, well known by Catholics but deliberately misunderstood by Calvinists and other Catholic detractors. Here it is and I am going to put it in bold letters: Catholics teach salvation by grace.

No He did not. He founded the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, the only church that that has continued unbroken for 2000 years, bruised here and there but not broken. "Upon this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it."

But they do understand the Bible and here is the key. The Bible does not teach that it is the exclusive authority on faith and morals. The teaching of the faith is the responsibility of the Church. Jesus didn't tell his apostles to write a book (Revelation excepted), He told them go out and teach and baptize. Paul told the recipients of his letters to obey not just what he wrote but the traditions he had taught them. 1 Corinthians 11:2; 2 Thessalonians 2:15. Paul also taught that the pillar and support of the truth was the church, not the Bible. 1 Timothy 3:15.

I am not putting the Bible down, I am just pointing out that tradition is also authoritative. However, you won't find a single Catholic teaching that is in opposition to the Bible.

I realize that is hard for you to grasp, probably impossible because you are an angry person. It was hard for me as well and I would never have looked beyond the walls of the Baptist church except there were some things that just didn't seem right and the older I got the less right they seemed. When I did look beyond those walls it was shocking and a little frightening. But the more I studied the more I realized that they (the Catholics) are right we (the Baptists) are less right.

2. OldRegular Well-Known Member

So a universalist is a member of the universal church. Or is it the other way around. Actually I read part of a book by John Paul. Seemed he could not make up his mind whether all would be saved or only those of Rome.

That is bull! Grace is unmerited favor. The RCCult teaches a word based salvation and that is the truth.

Jesus Christ did not found the abomination called Roman Catholicism. He did not build his Church on one man, Peter, whom the apostle Paul had to chasten. I repeat from an earlier post:

1. A cult that teaches as truth that which is contrary to Scripture cannot be a Church, the Body of Jesus Christ, for which he died.
    2. A cult that for hundreds of years murdered those who dissented from the Roman cult cannot be a Church, the Body of Jesus Christ, for which he died.
    3. A cult that continually sacrifices Jesus Christ cannot be a Church for which Jesus Christ himself died, once and for all time.

Hebrews 9:23-26
    23. It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
    24. For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
    25. Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
    26. For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

The Roman cult has Jesus Christ suffering continually, each time a cult member participates in the mass. That is blasphemous and nothing you say can change that truth.

4. A cult that replaces Jesus Christ as head of the Church cannot the Church for which Jesus Christ died.

5. A cult that declares a human is the Mother of God cannot be the Church for which Jesus Christ died.

6. A cult that venerates and worships another human, Mary, cannot be the Church for which Jesus Christ died.

6. A cult that teaches man can only be saved by works cannot be the Church for which Jesus Christ died.

7. A cult that introduces purgatory cannot be the Church for which Jesus Christ died.

Hebrews 9:27. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

8. A cult that worships at the feet of a man called the pope cannot be the Church for which Jesus Christ died.

9. A cult that has historically called pagans and degenerates the vicar of Jesus Christ cannot be the Church for which Jesus Christ died!

10. And there is so much more!

That is where you are totally wrong!

I just listed 8 or 9 above.

That is where you are wrong again. I simply put the RCCult in the same class of cults as the Word of Faith heretics, the Mormons, the Jehovah's Witnesses!

You are associated with a cult and that is the truth. There was a time in history when what you call the Universal or Catholic Church were slaughtering dissidents from Rome just as Islam did and as Radical Islam is doing now.

You would do well to study the Holy Roman Empire the union of Roman Catholicism and the secular state. You would do well to study the history of the Inquisition. Then read the following post!

3. OldRegular Well-Known Member

I have read other sources regarding the slaughter of the Albigensian Christians and the French Protestant Huguenots listed below. I have also read from other sources the events that took place in Croatia and Serbia! But even if only 10% of the remainder were true it proves that Roman Catholicism is not the Church for which Jesus Christ died.

From: http://rekindlingthereformation.com/RtR-Articles-Papal-Rome-Timeline

I have read from other sources the events that took place in Croatia and Serbia!

4. Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs:
    Excellent!

God Bless you richly! :thumbs:

Eliyahu

5. Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

......and here we are today with a Jesuit pope! Weird eh!

6. OldRegular Well-Known Member

Weird!! Yes indeed! However, the entire concept of the secular/religious cult called Roman Catholicism is more tragic than weird. It is a perverted aberration of the true Church for which Jesus Christ died, a called out people who were saved eternally simply through their faith in Him.

The RCCult is a melding of the residue of the Roman Empire with certain Apostolic churches of the 3rd and 4th centuries. Just as the Roman Empire was a manifestation of the beast of Revelation and persecutor of the early Church, the RCCult is a new manifestation of both the beast and the false prophet of Revelation, a secular/religious manifestation that persecuted and slaughtered those who dissented from the perversion of the Gospel by the RCC. Tragic indeed!

7. lakeside New Member

Tragic indeed, You non-Catholics usually contend that all Christians belong to Christ's holy catholic church, whether they are members of a denomination or not. So it may well be that one church is as good as another. Certainly few Protestants would believe that any church has God's authority to teach men what they must believe or how they must live. You say Bible Alone is all that is necessary for salvation, but nowhere does Jesus ever say those words. The only indicator mentioned in the bible are 2nd Thess.2: 15, both Holy Apostolic Teaching and the Holy Bible are necessary for the "Fullness of Christ's Christian Faith".

God never intended that the Bible alone should be the guide to salvation, read 2nd. Peter 1: 20. Jesus left us first with His Church [ formed on His Apostles ]Luke 10:16 and Matt.16:16-18, 28:18-20.

Before Jesus left us He made sure that His Teaching would be understood and applied correctly 1st Timothy 3: 14

8. OldRegular Well-Known Member

I don't need a pass from you on what I present on this Forum. I simply use the teachings of the RCCult to show their devilish perversion of the Bible.

The truth is painful is it not!

You have displayed your ignorance by departing from the faith and embracing a cult. Don't show your behind, make an ass of yourself, in public!

I had a friend who was a Roman Catholic because he married one. i never once doubted that he was a Child of God. He died. I went to his "wake" I guess some would call it. There were a large number of people there who were not RCCult members. I sat between two dear RCC ladies. The priest would say something then the Hail Mary's would start, endlessly repeated. Sounded almost like a gathering of Buddhist monks chanting: ummm, ummm, ummm.

Where is the Biblical justification for the worship of Mary. There is none! It is a lie created by the popes and teaching magisterium and can only be credited to Satan.

And this is perhaps the most disgusting teaching of the RCCult and proof that it is a cult. You admit and history shows that some of those who were anointed popes were pagan and perverted. Yet you believe and teach that these "GOATS" were the Vicar, the voice, of Jesus Christ on earth.

Sport you stand condemned as a cult member by your own words. And the condemnation is worse since you were exposed to the truth at one time!

9. Zenas Active Member

OldRegular, you seem to be getting your information from sources outside the Catholic Church. Indeed most of them are hostile to the OHCAC. If you were seeking information about the Baptist Church would you seek it among the Mormons? If you were seeking to learn about plumbing would ask an electrician? Go to the source and learn the truth. Otherwise your words will resemble "Life" in Shakespeare's Macbeth: a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

10. OldRegular Well-Known Member

Strange I have never heard those words used. I have heard Faith Alone or Grace Alone but never Bible Alone. The Bible does say: Ephesians 2:8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

I hope that brainwashing by the RCC does not keep you from understanding the above. Salvation is indeed the gift of God, the "unmerited favor of God, not the machinations of pope and teaching magisterium!

The passage says nothing about the teachings of the RCCult!

Actually the Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit is the Guide!

John 16:13. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

1 Timothy 3:14.These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly:

So now you are claiming Paul was the 1st pope. Well at least he was in Rome!

11. OldRegular Well-Known Member

I have quoted information from Vatican I and the Canons of Trent other than the information presented in post #143!

The truth shall set you free but not if the tentacles of the RCCult have you in their grasp!

12. Zenas Active Member

I'm not talking about the church documents that you quote, although out of context. I'm referring to nonsense like rekindling the reformation dot com website. Let me suggest a couple of sources to balance out your myopic vision of Christianity:

1. Shelley, Bruce. Church History in Plain Language, 3d ed. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, 2008. Here you will read a truthful account of the Christian faith from its inception up to the present day by a scholar whose only agenda is presentation of what happened in the past as accurately as possible. I am suggesting this one because you have a distorted view of Christian history, both Catholic and Protestant.

2. Keating, Carl. Catholicism and Fundamentalism San Francisco, CA: Ignatius Press, 1968. This is one of those "go to the source" books that I mentioned in a previous post. Keating is Catholic and, in a matter of fact and scholarly way, does a marvelous job of explaining the scriptural basis for Catholic thought.

13. OldRegular Well-Known Member

I am not sure I can accuse you and the RCCult of having a myopic view of Christianity. In fact over the years the pope and teaching magisterium have screwed up the doctrine of the RCCult that it is unrecognizable as related in any way to Biblical Christianity.

So if I want the truth I read and believe what the RCCult teaches. That would be comical if it were not so tragic. That is like reading the writings of Joseph Smith or Brigham Young to find out the truth about the heresy of the Mormons, Charles Taze Russell to find out the truth about the heresy of the Watchtower Society, or listening to Barak Hussein Obama to find out the truth about Obamacare!

Perhaps providentially the person you insist was the first pope describes exactly the corruption of the Church at Rome.

2 Peter 2:1. But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

The RCCult abounds in heretical teachings and I have presented only a few!

14. Zenas Active Member

a true prophecy if ever there was one and the worst offender of all, the most pernicious influence on Christianity ever to have set foot on this earth was. . . JOHN CALVIN.

15. McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nice tactic.....throw Calvin out there. See if you can get the Protestants to fight among themselves. :)

16. Rebel Active Member

I can agree with you on that. See, even those very far apart may have common ground, even if no bigger than a mole hill. :D

17. Rebel Active Member

They don't need any prompting. :laugh:

18. OldRegular Well-Known Member

And I thought you would say it was all those pagan, perverts who were popes that Scripture consigns to the Lake of Fire. They did not even make a rest stop in purgatory!

19. OldRegular Well-Known Member

Actually those who deny the Lord are the ones who worship and pray to Mary and other assorted so-called saints. That includes you Zenas, as well as every other practicing member of the RCCult. But then since you believe the RCCult saves you I suppose it doesn't really matter!

20. OldRegular Well-Known Member

As we celebrate once again the Resurrection of Jesus Christ let us rejoice that our salvation is only by the Grace of God and was purchased by the once for all time Sacrificial death of Jesus Christ.

And let us be eternally grateful that our Salvation is totally and absolutely independent of the blasphemy of papism and the cultic system called Roman Catholicism.