1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Would SDA Members Hang Out on BB?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by thatbrian, Feb 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well..........the angel said nothing about the Sabbath commandment either......but emotions sure are running wild.

2. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

Which "commandments of God" dealing with the phrase, "worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters", is Revelation 14 specifically addressing?

Revelation 14:7 KJB - Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Exodus 20:8 KJB - Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. ...

Exodus 20:11 KJB - For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
    Revelation 14:12 KJB - Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

John 14:15; Exodus 20:6; Acts 4:24 [Jews], 14:15,16 [Gentiles], in fulfillment of Isaiah 56:1-8 and John 10:16, etc.

Those who receive the seal of God, "keep the commandments of God", and those whoe receive the mark of the Beast, do not. It is that simple, though there is more detail behind it all.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters.” Rev 14:7
    For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them Ex 20:11
    God, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all that is in them. Acts 14:15

there you have it.

hmmmm.... let me think... I had it... just a minute ago..

Oh yes here it is..

worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters.” Rev 14:7
    For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them Ex 20:11
    God, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all that is in them. Acts 14:15

Where is "the hard part"???

hmmm Let's ask Steaver --

Now lets see it in the Bible.

now "let's pretend we did not read any of that"????

This is such a fun game Steaver... and it is clear - I have you to thank for it. So then.. thanks. :)

What I can't figure out is how you think this is helping your argument. What is the thinking there - (other than doing me a favor of course.- which I am in no way objecting to)

#143 BobRyan, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Man I completely missed that post - thank God for answered prayer.

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Interesting comment

6. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is God to be worshipped one day per week? That's what you are saying here.

You are reaching with your interpretation of Rev 14. You are inserting quite a lot into verse 7 which simply is not there.

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is no commandment within the "Ten Commandments" which says, "worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters".

There are many other places in the Scripture which instructs us to worship God, Whom of course made the heaven and the earth and sea (Gen 1:1) "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" And of course there is no reference whatsoever to the Sabbath commandment found in Rev 14. It just isn't there no matter how much you want to emotionally make that leap.

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When misreading Exodus 20:8-11 does anyone here see it to say "never worship God any day of the week if it is not on the Sabbath"??

I was not aware that anyone here used that form of eisegesis.

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Until you read Exodus 20:11 and Lev 23:3. More Bible and admitting to what you already admitted to

hmmm Let's ask Steaver --

Now lets see it in the Bible.

now "let's pretend we did not read any of that"????

This is such a fun game Steaver... and it is clear - I have you to thank for it. So then.. thanks. :)

What I can't figure out is how you think this is helping your argument. What is the thinking there - (other than doing me a favor of course.- which I am in no way objecting to)

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now where is the Sabbath in those scripture quotes? Did you think that attention to detail might not actually matter to most? Oh, I bet you believe God is playing "fill in the blanks" as you see fit! ;)

11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ex 20:11, "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."

Nothing there about worshiping God. Well let's try your second attempt....

Lev 23:3, "Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings."

Hmmmm...nothing there about worshiping God either. I see rest, I see convocation, I see no work, but where is that missing detail "worship God"?

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    so then the term "holy convocation" means nothing at all to you Steaver??

I am a bit surprised by that revelation on your part.

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Hint; Ex 20:11 IS the Sabbath Commandment which goes from vs 8 to vs 11. We all knew that right??

Did you think that attention to detail might not actually matter to most?

14. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 1 PM Pacific.

15. One Baptism

The "fountains of waters" are a portion of "all that in them is":

Exodus 20:11 KJB - For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.​

"them" refers to "heaven and earth, the sea", and is therefore in the Sabbath Commandment:

Job 38:16 KJB - Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?

Song of Solomon 4:12 KJB - A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

Deuteronomy 8:7 KJB - For the LORD thy God bringeth thee into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and depths that spring out of valleys and hills;

Proverbs 8:24 KJB - When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

Isaiah 41:18 KJB - I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

Jeremiah 51:36 KJB - Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will plead thy cause, and take vengeance for thee; and I will dry up her sea, and make her springs dry.

Proverbs 8:28 KJB - When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

Ecclesiastes 1:7 KJB - All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

Ezekiel 47:8 KJB - Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.

Genesis 7:11 KJB - In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

Genesis 8:2 KJB - The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;

Revelation 8:10 KJB - And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

Revelation 16:4 KJB - And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.
    Again,

Which "commandments of God" dealing with the phrase, "worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters", is Revelation 14 specifically addressing?

Do you expect God to take the excuse you have provided seriously as reason for not obeying His commandment, because it does not read the way you would desire it?

Let's look at a Pauline example:

Psalms 40:6 KJB - Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

Hebrews 10:5 KJB - Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:​

Was Paul citing Psalms 40:6, yes or no? If so, does it specifically read the same in Hebrews 10:5? If not, do you know why not? I do. Paul quoted several portions of scripture together, and when he quoted Psalms 40:6, he, under inspiration of the Holy Spirit, combined several other texts into Psalms 40:6 by the Biblical method of substitution [even Jesus is substitution]. This is done in parables ["field", "seed", "lamb", etc], prophecy [what is a "beast", "horn", "teeth", etc] and in general throughout scripture [KJB].

Would you think it possible, that "mine ears hast thou opened", if we trace it through the rest of scriptuer may be equal to "but a body hast thou prepared me"? Yes or no?

God's ways are "equal" [Ezekiel 18:25,29 KJB], and just like math, one portion may be substituted for an equal portion on either and/or both sides of any given text, just as an equation.

Example:

Judges 9:2 KJB - Speak, I pray you, in the ears of all the men of Shechem, Whether is better for you, either that all the sons of Jerubbaal, which are threescore and ten persons, reign over you, or that one reign over you? remember also that I am your bone and your flesh.

Judges 9:4 KJB - And they gave him threescore and ten pieces of silver out of the house of Baalberith, wherewith Abimelech hired vain and light persons, which followed him.

Judges 9:5 KJB - And he went unto his father's house at Ophrah, and slew his brethren the sons of Jerubbaal, being threescore and ten persons, upon one stone: notwithstanding yet Jotham the youngest son of Jerubbaal was left; for he hid himself.

Judges 9:18 KJB - And ye are risen up against my father's house this day, and have slain his sons, threescore and ten persons, upon one stone, and have made Abimelech, the son of his maidservant, king over the men of Shechem, because he is your brother;)

Judges 9:24 KJB - That the cruelty done to the threescore and ten sons of Jerubbaal might come, and their blood be laid upon Abimelech their brother, which slew them; and upon the men of Shechem, which aided him in the killing of his brethren.

Judges 9:56 KJB - Thus God rendered the wickedness of Abimelech, which he did unto his father, in slaying his seventy brethren:​

threescore and ten sons

his sons, threescore and ten persons

threescore and ten sons

seventy brethren​

With this, we can even see how the Bible defines “score”, as twenty. Consider:

threescore and ten = seventy​

subtract, “take away” [Proverbs 25:4], “ten” from both sides; for the “ways of the LORD are equal” [Ezekiel 18:25] and “my [the LORD's] ways equal” [Ezekiel 18:29].

threescore and ten “take away” ten = seventy “take away” ten

threescore = sixty​

then “rightly divide” [2 Timothy 2:15] both sides by “three”, keeping them in equality.

threescore divided by three = sixty divided by three

score = twenty​

Didn't even need a dictionary, nor Abraham Lincoln [fourscore and seven years ago...]

slew his brethren

slain his sons

the cruelty done to … sons

slew them … in the killing of his brethren

the wickedness … in slaying … brethren​

#155 One Baptism, Feb 13, 2018
  16. One Baptism

God is to be worshipped everyday and in all things. Only the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God is Holy. Only that day is the Holy day [Exodus 20:8-11 KJB] of His rest, in Creation and in Redemption [Jesus was in the Tomb].

If the Sabbath of the LORD Jesus is not kept according to the commandment, how then is God worshipped every day by you?

Jesus thus offered rest, and gives us to be obedient to His Holy commandment [2 Peter 2:21 KJB].

You seem to be offering work, and no rest, and to be in disobedience to His Holy commandment.

#156 One Baptism, Feb 13, 2018
  17. delizzle

delizzle Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another update: My wife's water broke. It's the real deal this time. please pray for me.

18. delizzle

delizzle Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nevermind, another false alarm.

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I chose to worship on Sunday, not the Jewish Sabbath, is that the mark of the Beast? Am I lost again?

20. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.