1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Would SDA Members Hang Out on BB?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by thatbrian, Feb 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good question, and it has a very obvious answer. They are here to proselytize.

Not in the way that you or I might do evangelism, in which we openly and honestly try to persuade others of our beliefs. They are much more cleaver, covert and they have a far more long-term and much more massive plan.

They want, fist of all, to legitimize their cult in order to gain a seat at the Evangelical table, which that have succeeded in doing in many cases. I'll let an ex-SDA member explain the rest.

Start at 39 minutes:

Let us not sit by as the wolves are actually inside of the sheep pen. You might be strong enough to resist, but there are vulnerable members among us. Please defend them, if not yourselves.

#1 thatbrian, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This gives everyone a chance to express their opinions, plus what good is conversation with someone who agrees with you? Such differences keep things interesting. I mean really, some of the best threads have been the arguments between Catholics and those of other faith traditions, no? The free and open exchange of ideas is a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you here because you want to become a Baptist? Do you know much about cults, especially the doctrines of the SDA? Do you agree with the biblical warnings which seek to protect the sheep?

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They know intuitively that something is wrong with their belief system and they are here to find rest from their searchings.

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  5. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't see evidence of that in their postings, but I guess it's a possibility.

6. delizzle

delizzle Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would see it more like they want to refine terms such as Sabbath and Grace in order to become seen as being just another Christian group!

8. delizzle

delizzle Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cant speak for SDA, but as a non-baptist member on a Baptist forum. I can say that I genuinely want to learn more about Baptist Theology and doctrine. I may be an oddity, but I am currently working to become a military protestant chaplain. As a protestant chaplain, I represent all protestant denominations. There isn't a Lutheran Chaplain, Methodist Chaplain, Presbyterian, Baptist ect... Just Protestant. Because of the diversity of the chaplain corps, I need to be familiar with all denominations so I can better work with them and better understand how to counsel them. I would counsel a Presbyterian a little differently than I would a Methodist. The chaplain in my command is a female SDA. There is a chance she could be my OIC (officer in charge).If I was strongly opposed to women in church leadership and deemed SDA a cult, that could effect the way I work with her. Some wouldn't be able to respect her or her authority.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are two Sabbaths - One by sight, one by faith.

HankD

10. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The first step in stealing away the sheep (if they really could) is to legitimize themselves to us (Evangelicals). A child isn't going to get into the car of a scary-looking man, but a man in uniform, with some apparent legitimacy, that might be another story. They need affiliations like TGC desperately, and they tone down the EGW propaganda in order to win the favor of people in positions of power in organizations like that.

The SDA pretends to be an ecumenical organization, but anyone who has been involved with the group, its members or teachings, knows what they think of us.

Like all cults, their tactics work well on the weak-minded and emotionally needy. That's who they prey upon, and there are a couple who would fit the bill on BB, which is why I am bringing this to light.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And that is why they need to be smoked out in a venue like the Baptist Board. There is the old story about the ball of string. A boss of mine used to tell it when he would visit different branches of the company. As a manager, he would not look for glaring problems. Those were too obvious and would jump and announced themselves if they existed. No. He would look for small inconsistencies and give them "a tug". He likened it to a ball of string. He would pull on the string until it gave resistance and then he would stop. However, if the ball of string kept unraveling he would continue to pull on it until the whole thing came apart. It is the same with cults like the SDA, Mormonism, and the Jehovah's Witnesses; you just keep pulling on the ball of string and eventually what they believe will come out. They can only keep the pretense up on a message board for so long. Watch how they qualify everything they say; seek agreement on areas in which there is no dispute; and always leave themselves an out if they are backed into a corner. If anything, they are predictable.

12. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do need to smoke them out because even those who admit SDA status aren't exactly transparent in their posts. As you say, they hide what they don't want us to see, and they put forth that which they knew we won't find offensive or disagreeable (which was just done a few posts back, BTW).

I have little patience with these folks, because they are duplicitous and have an ulterior motive in posting here.

13. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh, what body is endorsing you?

14. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it odd that a seminary student at Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary has no denominational convictions. If you are, indeed, attending Liberty, you should be immersed in Baptist theology and doctrine. And Rob is right, military chaplains are typically endorsed by a recognized ecclesiastical body. To quote Hamlet, "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark".

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. Someone is telling tall tales and intentionally hiding his affiliation, so there must be a reason. Someone has something to hide.

16. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are talking literally the truth that Sda teachings/doctrines go against the scriptures, and so one must keep on being diligen to not have any of their false stuff crept over...

17. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you want to confront the particular member that you are offended by, then please confront him. All the passive/aggressive posts "about" him and not "to" him tell more about you than him.

When it comes to hard core SDA, you are preaching to the choir for the most part.

Please discuss with the individual that has been a very long time member here about what you are so taken with.

I can't answer why anyone is here. Neither can you.

18. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Or maybe it is because they "read" - and this section of the board is for "other Christian denominations" of which even Christianity Today 2015 admits that the Adventists are the 5th largest Christian denomination in the world.

so yeah -- a good place to post.

19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Except in all these recent "SDA threads" by non-SDAs it is hard to GET them to discuss the Bible!!

But I keep trying. The anti-SDA posts seem to prefer "sola emotionalism" to "sola scriptura".

Hopefully it will change.

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.